It is currently 18 Apr 2024 11:46

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: 1125 CR
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2009 12:30 

Dear All,

I just bought the new 1125 cr 2009 and feel that the fueling at low rev is still an issue.
Has anyone else the same feedback. If yes what can be done about it.
Notwithstanding the above the bike is great and the engine brillant.

Although i like the exhaust note i may change the mufflers. Any advice on that?

Pierre from London

Post subject: Re: 1125 CR
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2009 14:34 

What do you mean by 'low revs'? Try and make sure your dealer has given the ECU the latest reflash - M3HUS05Z or even the previous one which ended in 3z (Part No Y0152.1AM) Don't be surprised if you get shrugged shoulders and blank looks when you ask ;) (unless you use a good dealer like Mchr HD 8-) )

As for silencers, there's a few on the market. If I was you, get in touch with Tubbs (a frequent visitor to this Parish) and he'll modify your standard one and give it a weather proof coating. I stupidly fitted a Remus and when a weld failed on it allowing the baffle to fly out of the tail pipe, the best I could get was an opportunity to BUY a new one. There must be a small print clause in the Remus warranty that I didn't see saying something along the lines of 'If our product fails, then tough shit, you shouldn't have been dim enough to buy one' :roll: My advice is, avoid their products if that's the contempt they show for their customers :twisted:

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2009 14:37 

......Oh, remember to remove the active air solenoid cable as well.

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2009 19:02 
I agree with what Adam said, but I think the ECM revision numbers are different for 09 bikes - ours are both 08s.

But definitely take the bike back to your dealer and get them to check the ECM software is the latest version - there have been plenty of "tweaks" made to it and each one has made the bikes better and better ...

I would also advise you to get yourself onto BadWeatherBikers, it's the American Buell group and they have far more of the bikes over there than there are in the UK and Europe. :sad1:

As you're new - click on the word in blue above - it is a link to their website.

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2009 20:23 

Dear All,

Thanks for your feedback. Below 3000 revs the engine is terrible and even compared with other twins i believe that the 09 model still needs some improvement.
I just tried a streetfighter (much smoother at low revs) and believe me the CR1125 is as fun and much easier to control.
However the Ohlins suspension are fantastic. Do you know if we can mount some on the 1125.

Regarding the Remus I had the same problem on my Ulysse i.e lost a bolt twice and decided to go back to the original.
I bought my Buell from WARRs but do not know if technically they are any good.
Any view of who is the best around London to fine tune my engine...

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2009 21:22 

I think Sportstermann could well be correct there. What I said about the flashes may not be applicable to the '09 bikes since there are minor differences in the motors. Give Manchester HD or Blackbear a phone, they're the only dealers I'd trust to give you correct answer 8-)

I don't think you're doing you motor any favours riding it below 3k, it revs to over 10k safely. I can't think of any (non HD) V twins that are really happy at such low revs, the thing with the 1125 is that it will pull quite hard from that area but they're loads more fun when you hit 6k :D

Keep your back wheel cleaned on a regular basis or the exhaust gases can stain your rim and make it a bugger to get back sparkly again. Make sure the plastic bush on the pivot of the brake pedal doesn't make the lever bind. Take it apart and check, mine made the brake drag a bit.

Enjoy your bike 8-) :D

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2009 09:56 
Adam wrote:

I don't think you're doing you motor any favours riding it below 3k, it revs to over 10k safely. I can't think of any (non HD) V twins that are really happy at such low revs, the thing with the 1125 is that it will pull quite hard from that area but they're loads more fun when you hit 6k :D

OOPS ! Reading this thread again Adam has hit the nail on the head - DO NOT ride this bike like an XB - you really need to let it rev and do it's own thing - just remember to keep an eye out for the "authority" !

It does seem to be a mistake that a lot of existing Buellers make - including me when I first rode one ... :oooops:

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2009 16:57 

remember that the 1125 likes to rev, my 09 1125R is a bit lumpy low down, it is not a thunderstorm engine and should not be expected to have the same amount of low down power, I don't ride the bike like my old Firebolt.

Let the engine rev and avoid large throttle openings at low rpm.

Dump the active air solenoid and fit the Buell resistor plug, lock the rear throttle quadrants together, get rid of the standard silencer that blows crap all over the rear brake and wheel.

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2009 23:50 

Just my thoughts some may disagree; run the engine in properly, as per book and recommended, it is a hard and frustrating thing to do as power rangers are whizzing past but let them.
This is a great engine and you will reap the benefits; if you initially take your time it will let you get the feel of the bike and the engine as it bed's in, it takes a while but worth it.
Your bike is way faster than you as standard so why bother mucking about with plugs and sensors. If you want to make a noise buy a loud can at crazy prices or just wear a loud set of leathers same thing.
Wash it once in a while.

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2009 07:39 

skip the dog - you are missing the point about the standard silencer, if you want condensates all over the rear wheel and brake, assuming you ride in the winter like I do then keep it.
If you want combustion products all over the rear brake caliper in the summer which could lead to the caliper seiking then keep the standard silencer.
Crap design by Buell - the aftermarket silencer I use is no louder than standard, does not effect ground clearnace, is better made/finished and doesn't blow crap over the back end.
And if you have ever had the active air system shutting the throttle for you in third gear you would understand how dangerous this is - it happened to me on a demonstrator whilst overtaking.

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2009 13:10 

My solenoid was faulty from the first few hundred miles. I'd disconnected it before I'd been told that it was a pukka mod.

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2009 14:15 
In my opinion the only pipe to get is the Tubbs modification of the standard one. Sounds good, looks good, goes good, and is far better put together than the standard crap. :clap:

P.S. My 1125s still for sale, regrettably.

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2009 16:16 

Looks good Markj, sorry to hear you have to sell the bike. You'll be back on one soon.
I'll speak to my local dealer see if he has a spare taken off a bike, perhaps could send same down to Tubbs for mod.
I hope your luck changes, regards.

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2009 16:19 
skipthedog wrote:
Looks good Markj, sorry to hear you have to sell the bike. You'll be back on one soon.
I'll speak to my local dealer see if he has a spare taken off a bike, perhaps could send same down to Tubbs for mod.
I hope your luck changes, regards.

Thanks Skip. :4roz: