It is currently 20 Apr 2024 07:50

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: I like a Honda....
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2009 17:58 
Raiderfan wrote:
Tuono Factory.

Or wait for the new Tuono with the RSV-4 engine in it. Aprilia have not detuned an engine for a Tuono yet. So that'll be a 190mph naked then... 8-)

I agree, the Tonail is a better bike and with a V4 engine it certainly will be very nippy - what it will probably be too expensive for me. The CB1R is less than £7K and will hold its value - unlike the CR1125.........

Its a toss up with a Uly, CB1R and 1125R

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2009 18:04 
Norm wrote:
Adam wrote:
I wasn't talking about character, I was questioning how anyone who rides a big Jap il4 sportsbike as 'boring'. The ones I've had a go on certainly weren't. The effortless speeds they were capable of made me very excited :lol:

Sorry, Mr Pedant, I have boring and characterless as the same thing. ;)

Whatever, the R1, 'blade etc, even the Fazer are, IMO, faster than you could or should use on the road but yes, they are boring. You don't look back at them as you close the garage door, you don't feel bad if they aren't working right, you don't care about them.

IMO, of course. Straight-line speed has its place (is my sig still the Yoffi quote?) but that doesn't make it less boring, you just aren't astride them for that long getting bored.

The CB1R handles pretty well - it is not just a staright line machine. Jap bikes lack soul - but I get enough of that from me S1.
The trouble for me is that with just one bike and that one that needing frequent tweeking, I am often without reliable wheels when the sun comes out.

Also, just having Buells is a a bit of a blinkered outlook - contrast is good - ain't it :idea: :?:

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2009 18:11 
Spook wrote:
Norm wrote:
Straight-line speed has its place

That is the problem with Buells IMO. Sometimes there is just no substitute for straight line speed. Doesn't occur often but when it does the Buell leaves me a little flat.

:yt: ......... I have only been left behind a few of times in about 5 years of Buell ownership and that was because it was adual carriageway or the tosser didn't slow down in 30mph areas.

But I did enjoy the CB1R for its nimbleness combined with very smooth gearbox and smooth engine and modern looks.

These are toys to me and one toy aint enuff ;)

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2009 18:52 

shudnobeta wrote:

If you can afford it and have the room, A rice burning stable mate makes good sense to me. ;)

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2009 20:00 
shudnobeta wrote:

Then your spoilt for choice. Enjoy your choosing.