It is currently 27 Apr 2024 00:38

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2009 11:00 

Current ride: CB1300, Z750, R1200
iwoo9 wrote:
Fourth: as part of the assessment look for entry, apex and exit points. Moving your position on the road will help you to see more of a bend i.e. start near the lh curb for rh bends and vica versa. Once you can see your entry, apex and exit points link them with the smoothest, gentlest curve possible.

Got a few pictures from the beforementioned book, illustrating this (and almost every of Iwoo's statements):
Theory: bad line
Theory: good line

Praxis: bad line
Praxis: good line

I mirrored the last two picts, to adopt them to LHS trafic.

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2009 15:09 
Sir Cabbage

Not read all the replies as can't be bothered, however, my advice as follows:

Don't feel pressured to meet a standard that you may perceive higher than your natural ability allows. You've lost good mates in recent years, don't race too much to meet them again.

My fluency came with a fuck of a lot of track time and expense, not just fiscal either. I was doing high mileage from the get go and it comes with experience, if you're a fair weather biker you'll simply be one dimensional, simple as.

I can remember when I first got my X1 and taking it to :maz: for a once over, we got chatting and I declared my outright fear of crashing, as usual his :maz: ness's advice was brutally honest but correct, if you think you'll crash you will. I made a pact that I'd ignore 95% of that fear but keep 5% in my mind as a reminder.

my confidence increased and had many close shaves on the way but that 5% margin made them manageable mistakes.

My first ride out with Maz, Digger, CJ, Bart and a few other 'regulars' was a real eye opener. There were a few X1's being ridden and my innocent theory was if their bikes allowed them to ride like that then I could too. The wise words of Digger promptly put to rights and shortly after setting and after about three miles and various close shaves I worked my way to the back and managed my own riding instead of keeping up with much more experienced riders.

Do a Bikesafe course and read up on roadcraft, it makes a world of difference but don't put yourself under pressure that may leave your beautiful little girl wishing that daddy hadn't of pushed himself that little further out of his comfort zone.

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2009 15:15 

Geordie Mick wrote:
...but don't put yourself under pressure that may leave your beautiful little girl wishing that daddy hadn't of pushed himself that little further out of his comfort zone.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2009 15:30 

I have ridden for 25 years and i have exactly the same problem.
I think you are born with a tilt meter in your head and some folks tilt-ometers
work better than others :lol:
i always think the tyres will give way etc I always think if you are trying to keep up with someone in front,it's a risky business
On weds i followed another bloke on his LC (i was on mine too) from one meet to another and we got to one twisty bit and he had disappeared :shock: by the time i came round one bend
i have questioned ,should i give up but no way,you are what you are ,same with everything in life

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2009 17:19 
has it got a pulse?

Current ride: FUBAR...Enough said!
Quote:

I think it's 'cos you're tired :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You only need two bikes in life-an S1 and a Multistrada!

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2009 19:43 

Beef wrote:
Quote:

I think it's 'cos you're tired :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rofl: