It is currently 29 Mar 2024 07:42

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2009 23:22 

Deleted

Last edited by joesbuell on 04 Jun 2009 00:18, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2009 23:39 

I made a harmless post on here, then Spook makes a comment "You not put that in a ditch yet?" That to me is saying he wished I'd crashed it! That is a fucked statement to make!

Of course a bloke would get pissed at that, and if he where standing in front of me when he said it it would be on!

"I live in hope you turn it back into the ten bikes it started as" Spook says

These are personal attacks! I post on forums in the US and Australia and no where else are the comments so negative as the ones from this forum!

I may not like what someones done to there bike, but would not say to them have you not put that in a ditch yet!

My comments back at Spook was what he said only more graphic!

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2009 08:12 

I could not disagree more but you've shown yourself beneath contempt so I'll waste no more keyboard on you.

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2009 13:18 

FFS Jodie, I've never met Spook but I'm certain that his comments were not meant as offensively as you've taken them. I certainly didn't read them the way you obviously did. I wish you safe riding but feel the same way as Norm does about your comments wishing harm on someone from this site.
End of, from me as well.

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2009 16:23 
Well i "ve bowed to popular concensus and removed the double bubble and the hand guards and refitted the original clear mini screen , and went for a right good blast to squires , well i fogotten what i bought this bike for ,no buffeting 110 easily and it felt like it had shed a couple of stone, feels like a new bike again, (i"ll have to build my neck muscles in the gym though ) i "ll still experiment with other size screens and i"ll observe some of the positive constructive feedback ;)

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2009 16:30 

:lol: and :yup: and :clap: :clap: :clap:

Did you try it without any screen? Just to reiterate, I'd go without for most trips and keep the screen for long-distance work. 8-)

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2009 19:41 
joesbuell wrote:
I made a harmless post on here, then Spook makes a comment "You not put that in a ditch yet?" That to me is saying he wished I'd crashed it! That is a fucked statement to make!

Of course a bloke would get pissed at that, and if he where standing in front of me when he said it it would be on!

"I live in hope you turn it back into the ten bikes it started as" Spook says

These are personal attacks! I post on forums in the US and Australia and no where else are the comments so negative as the ones from this forum!

I may not like what someones done to there bike, but would not say to them have you not put that in a ditch yet!

My comments back at Spook was what he said only more graphic!

You got the wrong end of the stick there Jodie with my ditch comment. I'll refrain from using your bike as a benchmark from now on.

Muzza was right though, you Aussies are cry babies.

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2009 18:08 

Current ride: XB12X
Seems the australian is a little highly strung, it aint the 1st time he's bitten at a harmless comment. Tis a shame. :sun:

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2009 14:55 
Sir Cabbage

When I had my uly I was 6ft 1" and 19 stone :o and used to wear an arai tour x and used to be able to maintain 80-90 all day long, you just have to get used to it. Used to put feet on rear pegs a lot which was surprisingly comfortable.

tried the truly awful extended screen which made the wind noise unbearable and then tried taking the screen off which was OK to a degree but if it rained your jacket was soaked at the front, was remarkable how much the standard screen keeps wind/rain off you.