It is currently 25 Apr 2024 22:19

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Bluetooth ecm vista
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2010 09:25 

I've been trying to get bluetooth going to run ecmspy, I set up the bluesmirf unit, configured my port to the right baud and finally got a connection that is reliable, the green light come on but I get no data flow.
I've tried autotranslating the ecm spy pages but the detail seems to suit a situation where the bluetooth is installed on the computer as well, mine is built in and Vista.
I downloaded the Lynxterm programme they suggest but I can't see how to tie it into the process, I have the connection in bluetooth but no data!
Any wise techs out there who have done this? :?

Post subject: Re: Bluetooth ecm vista
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2010 10:08 

Current ride: CB1300, Z750, R1200
Once the PC is connected to the bluetooth modem, the device manager should show a com port for the connection. You have to use this com port to connect to the bluetooth modem for initial setup.

Perhaps this is of help: http://www.lynxmotion.com/images/html/build125.htm

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2010 08:18 

So, now I have installed and tried the lynxmotion programme, it seems to connect to the bluetooth module, the green led comes on and it only offers a disconnect option. I also have autostart for ecm spy on connection but it cannot connect to the serial port, all I get is an error message staating it cannot connect to port 40 which the other unit is connecting to. Is the problem with the lynxmotion programme and the ecm programme?. I have tried the ver command in lynxmotion and get no response.
Any more advice?
thanks
Brian

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2010 09:06 

it's getting more complicated, ecmspy does not seem to recognise COM40 at all, it offers a list of ports to connect to that do not exist on my pc, I have checked in my device controller but cannot find any compatible mumbered ports! aargh!

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2010 09:11 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Yeah, you want to force it to use a lower port number, (from memory) in Device Manger, COM and LPT, pick your cable COM up, go to Properties, then advanced and change the COM port to something below 10, even if it is in use. The issue is with a laptop is that you plug in so many different things, like mice, printers, etc. that the COM ports get used up quickly, and once they are allocated, you can't get them back without force :D .

ECMSpy seems to prefer COM ports below 10.

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2010 11:04 

Good idea, got the port set up to 7, both the ecm and bluetooth were happy but the lynxmotion refused to connect, it would to any other port than the number the others were set to. Does this mean you cannot include the lynxmortion, in whic h case what is it for or how on earth do you get to use it aaargh!
Brian

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2010 12:19 

Did you follow the connect instructions as described in the user manual? There's a timeout whithin you have to connect to the bluetooth modem, otherwise no communication to the bluetooth modem will take place: http://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Wire ... oth-um.pdf

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2010 17:29 
metalpods wrote:
Good idea, got the port set up to 7, both the ecm and bluetooth were happy but the lynxmotion refused to connect, it would to any other port than the number the others were set to. Does this mean you cannot include the lynxmortion, in whic h case what is it for or how on earth do you get to use it aaargh!
Brian

Err not a comp tech but why do you want to use a wireless setup.

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2010 19:17 

Because it's cool :!:

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2010 19:35 
gunter wrote:
Because it's cool :!:

Ah, of course. How silly of me. Why would anyone think that.