It is currently 18 Apr 2024 11:33

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: What an idiot
PostPosted: 29 May 2009 23:38 

Current ride: XBR12R
got my donkey jacket caught in the back rack of me CB100 when I pulled an unplanned wheelie in front of the bus stop full of girlies. hopped around two parked cars till i keeled over in the middle of the road. ah 1979, 15 stone, L plates and 6 mph.

bollocks, wish I could forget that one. :oooops:

PostPosted: 30 May 2009 20:32 

What's this, confession time?

I had a Honda H100 which I pushed rapidly backwards out of a parking space. While still travelling backwards I got the revs right in the sweet spot and slipped the clutch to perfection, unfortunately the weight transference put me into an unplanned falling-over wheelie at 5mph and I ran over my trailing leg then a flowerbed. I stayed on somehow and pretended it was all deliberate - think I got away with it :roll: :tosser:

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2009 13:12 

Whilst whittling down a load of TO.I.L one summer I found meself on a 2 day week with full pay for about 6 weeks :lol:
Just for a laugh I thought I would deliver pizza for a local franchise
pros
Paid to ride someone elses bike.
Free pizza
Wages

cons
Honda 50 twist and go scooter,

Now the best thing about these bikes was if you were careful you could just keep the trottle pinned everywhere and spark off the mainstand. It was a top laugh and the tips were good.

But picture the scene

Warm august evening, Cambridge residential street full of folks in general.
I screech up on bike, deliver pizza, throw bag in the box on the back and start the bike. I lay it down on one side just of the tarmac and pull WOT the automatic gearbox kicks in and the back wheel spins round in a neat 180 degree arc and I hop on and hold WOT till I get to the shop. ......hundreds of times.....
Not tonight :roll: The bike spins round and I hop on but I am so busy looking good I mistimed the leap and the front suspension bounced back and I get rewarded with a full lock tank slapper until I am uncerimoniously dumped in the centre of the road with the bike on top of me :oooops:

I wasnt event hurt but the damage to my pride was nearly terminal.
loads of people ran towards me concerned about for my health, but I was so embarrassed I just jumped back on the bike mumbling I was ok and scarpered.

:oooops: :oooops: :oooops:

Mind you I didnt stop abusing the poor little bike until it was time to go back to my normal hours at my main job at the Corn Exchange :twisted:

Some of the best fun I ever had