It is currently 26 Apr 2024 05:01

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Fireblot
PostPosted: 28 May 2009 23:17 
Nanny Brown

Motorrad wrote:
Yes, the "Blot" will join the "Blast" in Buell's lineup. What willthey think of next?!?

So you don't think the Blast is any good?? I know it was never released in the UK, but...??

PostPosted: 29 May 2009 07:34 

Maz is correct, why have a competitor to the 1125R when they can't even sell great numbers of these yet in the UK.

PostPosted: 29 May 2009 13:05 
Geordie Mick wrote:
Looking at the subject heading, I can only presume we're discussing the new evolved model of the firebolt, the fireblot??

Keep up Mick the spelling is intentional :roll:

PostPosted: 31 May 2009 20:11 

Current ride: rusty 3-speed pedal
Jill,
The Blast is a great bike. Simple, light, "flickable," able to be modified by those who wish for more oomph. There's a woman in the States http://www.whereismaggiemae.com/ who has ridden over 30,000 miles on her Blast, all over the place. I ride an XB, but the Blast is there too, always putting a smile on my face when I ride it.
I'm sure a lot of the British Thumper-loving crowd in the UK would also love it, were it to be available...

PostPosted: 31 May 2009 22:12 
Nanny Brown

Motorrad wrote:
Jill,
The Blast is a great bike. Simple, light, "flickable," able to be modified by those who wish for more oomph. There's a woman in the States http://www.whereismaggiemae.com/ who has ridden over 30,000 miles on her Blast, all over the place. I ride an XB, but the Blast is there too, always putting a smile on my face when I ride it.
I'm sure a lot of the British Thumper-loving crowd in the UK would also love it, were it to be available...

I belong to the Buell Blast group in the US. Maggie Mae is often talked about on the site. I do believe I would have given up riding a bike if I hadn't found my Blast. It is definitely fun....certainly puts a smile on my face.. :D

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 20:08 

Current ride: X1 2001
Motorrad wrote:
Yes, the "Blot" will join the "Blast" in Buell's lineup. What willthey think of next?!?

water cooling ...
then faze out all the old air cooled sporty engined models
(then wack the prices of spares up)
the writing is on the wall people :sad1:

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 22:12 
i find the bolt to be love hate thing - this weekend was just lush cutting in corners on my mates on jap bikes out braking them this was a first time ive been out in ages as ive been on me back with a mad illness, mine uses alot of oil though as long as you keep her topped up and ride her for a while until shes warm and with the new zorst shes mint revs free and mid is bliss - wheelie in 3rd.

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2009 22:39 
Nanny Brown

mcrbuelligan wrote:
i find the bolt to be love hate thing - this weekend was just lush cutting in corners on my mates on jap bikes out braking them this was a first time ive been out in ages as ive been on me back with a mad illness, mine uses alot of oil though as long as you keep her topped up and ride her for a while until shes warm and with the new zorst shes mint revs free and mid is bliss - wheelie in 3rd.

The Blast uses a lot of oil too..... which reminds me, I should have checked the oil level when I got back on Saturday.....LOL Oh well, must make sure I top up before my next ride.....

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2009 22:44 

Current ride: rusty 3-speed pedal
Jill,
don't top off the oil when the engine is cold - your level reading will be wrong (you probably knew this, but...).
Have you come across "EZ Blast" on the US fora (proper Latin pluralspeak ;) )? His coverage of all the mods that can be done to a Blast is great.

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2009 21:09 
Nanny Brown

Motorrad wrote:
Jill,
don't top off the oil when the engine is cold - your level reading will be wrong (you probably knew this, but...).
Have you come across "EZ Blast" on the US fora (proper Latin pluralspeak ;) )? His coverage of all the mods that can be done to a Blast is great.

Hey yes, I know Ed Zick from the Buell Blast group. He and Ralph used to have very heated discussions.... Received many words of advice from them both.

Thanks for reminding me about the oil. I think I will take it for a short run to warm it up, then return home to check the oil level. Blasts are notorious for burning oil. I tend to just get on my bike and ride, returning only when I either have numb hands or a sore a*se!!!! Usually after about 100+ miles.... I need to check my oil before I do another ride like that.