It is currently 28 Mar 2024 08:38

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Buying a demo bike
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2009 16:14 
benw3 wrote:
never mind the rain mate - just get on and get out. you can still have loads of fun just ride safe. Enjoy it!!

its absolutely chucking it down and has been since last night :cry: might be able to pick it up tomorrow now. Can't believe it,

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2009 15:25 
Norm wrote:
IMO, ride it in the wet.

If you think the difference between a Buell and a Japanese I4 in the dry is significant, you wait till you get on wet tarmac. I think that Buells are fantastic rides in the wet, a revelation for anyone used to an I4.

:yt: Norm.

I have found my Uly is almost as good in the wet as the dry. Not sure why but not being worried about things like slippy manhole covers, etc does add to the ride some :lol: ;).

As it goes I may have got a ticket today as I was doing 40 in a 30. It was pissing down big time but I ride much the same way in the wet. I did not notice the speedo as it was wet :roll:.

Have fun :clap:

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2009 15:29 
Might be best to scrub the tyres in, if not done yet, first if going out into the rain.

Oh and I was going to buy a demo Uly but the price was no good and nor was the HD dealer. I see no reason why not to buy a demo bike as long as it is all ok.

You are sorted now anyway.

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2009 21:12 
:headbang:
I've just got home! It was raining this morning and agreed to go out with the other half thinking it was still not a good time to pick up the XB. Lunch time and it all clears up and it's been nice and dry ever since, and where have I been?!?! Over having tea and cake with the g/f's grandparents staring longingly out of the window :cry:

I might take a half-day tomorrow if the boss will let me and see if I can get over to pick it up before they close.

Flying-D: you're right, I do want to put some dry miles on the new tyres first. Hope they didn't put any film in the camera for your ticket.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2009 08:19 
Picked mine up in falling snow, rode it 155 miles home in a blizzard.
Stop being a bloody Jessie and get the thing ridden!!! 8-)

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2009 10:35 
The rain has just subsided and my boss has let me take a half day. Picking it up around 3. Can't wait now. Just can't wait. :mrgreen: