It is currently 28 Mar 2024 23:27

All times are UTC

Post subject: 1125R brake line recall
PostPosted: 16 May 2009 22:45 
May just be the wine but I'm getting really p155ed off with VOSA, where is my brake line recall ...

... and whilst I'm at it, and I know "somebody" is watching, where is the permanent fix for a leaking clutch ? :evil: :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: 18 May 2009 13:00 
sportster_mann wrote:
May just be the wine but I'm getting really p155ed off with VOSA, where is my brake line recall ...

... and whilst I'm at it, and I know "somebody" is watching, where is the permanent fix for a leaking clutch ? :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'm still waiting too. I'm sure the dealer will ring me when they get a quite spell. ;)

PostPosted: 19 May 2009 18:49 
i wouldnt hold your breath if you are waiting for THAMES VALLEY HARLEY DAVIDSON to call you :tosser:

PostPosted: 19 May 2009 18:59 
No, Riders Bristol. :tosser: Snap.

PostPosted: 19 May 2009 19:06 

Letters will be going out later this week or early next week. I believe BUK are drafting them as we speak ;) Any dealers here (Steve, Principal etc) who can tell us what's in the recall kits? I'm wondering if there's a piece of clear adhesive plastic to stop the line rubbing on the anodised surface of the fork leg? Is the new brake line different, ie longer, or do you just re route the old cable assuming it's not been damaged? The recall is mentioned on HD Net.

PostPosted: 19 May 2009 19:09 
TVHD gave me a call this afternoon telling me that they have just had notification of the recall and that they have ordered my kit 8-) - now just waiting for the clutch leak fix ... :( :roll:

PostPosted: 19 May 2009 19:13 

Just had notification :o :shock: Have they 'just' bought a computer. You need them to get in touch with BUK and ask about the new clutch fix too. Parts have already arrived in the UK ;)

PostPosted: 19 May 2009 19:22 
just a quick one, who's gonna tell the guy in the picture at the top of the page about the recall?!! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 19 May 2009 19:26 
jonnyboyrebel wrote:
just a quick one, who's gonna tell the guy in the picture at the top of the page about the recall?!! :lol: :lol:

He'd already heard and is rushing to his dealer ...

PostPosted: 19 May 2009 19:46 
Adam wrote:
Just had notification :o :shock: Have they 'just' bought a computer. You need them to get in touch with BUK and ask about the new clutch fix too. Parts have already arrived in the UK ;)

How the f*ck do we know about it weeks before the UK dealers. Surely any recalls should be simultaneous worldwide,especially flashes etc that can be sent on t'internet. Are they f*cking rowing the parts over? :headbang: :ffs:

PostPosted: 19 May 2009 19:46 

:hehe:

PostPosted: 19 May 2009 19:56 

Markj wrote:
Adam wrote:

How the f*ck do we know about it weeks before the UK dealers. Surely any recalls should be simultaneous worldwide,especially flashes etc that can be sent on t'internet. Are they f*cking rowing the parts over? :headbang: :ffs:

If you ever want to buy a front cyl head for a S/V Harl*y you'll be in luck. Rear heads are like rocking horse shite. The reason being, the ship bringing them over was torpedoed in the Atlantic.