It is currently 23 Apr 2024 16:39

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Right, that's it.....
PostPosted: 16 May 2009 23:53 
Site Admin

.....enough is enough :x

As of today, I am suspending my mail order service.

Also, please dont bother phoning for tech advice.

Thanks.

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 16 May 2009 23:55 
Sorry to hear that Maz, somebody must have seriously p1ssed you off...

...glad it wasn't me !

PostPosted: 16 May 2009 23:57 

Current ride: S1W,S2T,1125CR
Don't bother going to work tomorrow, Maz. Take one of your bikes out for a ride - maybe over to Squires for a bikini bike wash :D and remember what got you in to this game in the first place 8-) Have a good day.

Steve

PostPosted: 17 May 2009 00:00 
if the weather is good maz - I will go for a ride with you matey if your up for it ??

PostPosted: 17 May 2009 00:06 
Sorry to hear that :maz:

PostPosted: 17 May 2009 00:14 
:maz: was hoping to go to this :roll:

PostPosted: 17 May 2009 01:14 
Site Admin

Quote:
remember what got you in to this game in the first place

Spot on Steve.....but imagine trying to run your entire dealership single handed :idea:

I have zero 'me time'....other than when I sleep and even then I wake up wondering whether I remembered to tighten whatever fastener whilst servicing someones bike because I just spent 40 mins on the phone explaining how to fit a part I mail ordered to someone the day before.
My workshop is mega busy this time of year but I still spend half the day packing mail orders, driving to the PO, standing in line, back to the shop to invoice, updating my books, answering phone queries, phoning though stock orders etc. etc. etc.....and all this for zero profit = loss.
Then I get back to spannering till god knows what time at night, then once home, I'm back on this place.....dozens of PM's for mail orders to go out the following day......and so it goes on 7 days a week.
If that wasn't enough.....then you get all the calls re. '' WTF my parts didn't turn up today''....and even though most parts are delivered with in 24 hours of an order, payment often takes 2 weeks or more to arrive, mostly with a 2nd class stamp, cheque made out incorrectly, a 3 quid cheque sent recorded so I have to stand in line at the PO again to collect etc. etc.
You may well criticize the way I run my business ie. no credit card facilities, no staff, whatever but my overheads versus my hourly rates dictate the service I can offer at a price to suit the average punter who cannot afford to pay for main dealers overheads.
You're right Steve, I need to get back to where I started ie. Buells and the folk that own them, without the distractions of trying to keep an ever increasing base of owners supplied with parts that they cannot get from the official dealer network, in order to maintain/fuck up their own machines :|

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 17 May 2009 01:34 

Maz wrote:
You're right Steve, I need to get back to where I started ie. Buells and the folk that own them, without the distractions...

:clap: :yup: :clap:

The 80:20 rule was identified a long time ago, 80% of your revenue will come from 20% of your customers / time / effort. Mail order will cost you a lot of time and bullshit chasing people but you get fuck all £££'s out of it and ungrateful wretches who don't realise what you are doing for them.

Fuck them and get yourself back. You might lose some revenue, I bet you don't lose any profits, though, you might even make more because you don't have all that fecking around to worry about.

The phone distractions are less straightforward, though, because I think you get a lot out of that social interaction with Buellers. I try to always ask if you've got 2 mins to chat about something and I bet, whatever you are doing, you'll say yes.

Ride more. :sun:

PostPosted: 17 May 2009 01:43 
Site Admin

Wise words Norm....I'm already getting that cosy feeling of a great weight lifted etc. 8-)

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 17 May 2009 06:27 

Current ride: Lots
Norm is right, we stopped advertising years ago, half the work, twice the money, better quality jobs and no cretins calling just to pick brains........bit more difficult in your game, but why not have a premium rate phone line for advice - suggested it before IIRC - so that you are still earning revenue when dispensing advice. Experience & knowledge must be paid for, that's how half the world earns it's living........you think Norm is employed for his good looks?...... giving away your knowledge to punters is not only free, it actually costs you money as you are not twirling spanners..... noble but daft.

0898 CALLMAZ has got to be the way forward, you could even talk dirty to them when they make a mistake.

PostPosted: 17 May 2009 06:29 

Current ride: K100 CBR1000F z550Gt
:o Could you just keep the overseas mail order section open, I wouldn't even mind if you put a hassle % on the price :!: :P

PostPosted: 17 May 2009 07:06 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Maz wrote:
I have zero 'me time'....

With any luck you will have got your kagool on today and headed over to Cosford where the cup of tea is on me... ;)

PostPosted: 17 May 2009 08:29 

Maz wrote:
.....enough is enough :x

As of today, I am suspending my mail order service.

Also, please dont bother phoning for tech advice.

Thanks.

Sorry maz I have just read this post , Note after ,my Magic button one

I hope I didn't upset you yesterday?
Cheer up ! and stay off the forum for a week :!:

Oh and get a parcel collection service, P&P gets more expensive to the punter,
You save time. (the courrier will always know where to come after the 1st time! :)

PostPosted: 17 May 2009 08:43 

Current ride: S1 WL
yep ...80 /20 rule, the law of the vital few, or the the result of Pareto analysis, the 20% is where you wanna live!! ie 20% of your customers will most likey be 80% of your profit!

Anyhow, Maz the small piece of advice you gave me ref my rear shock just the other day, ......thank you!! I now have a result.

Sorry if this is off topic by the way

PostPosted: 17 May 2009 09:24 

Current ride: 2000 M2
maz i feel for you.
Been and sometimes are in that place were you are now.
hard for you to do as you are on your own but i took a step back and am trying to have me time this year and just do set working hours.
if you want to rant to someone give me a call and take the piss out of a southern twat.
take care mate.