It is currently 20 Apr 2024 14:27

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 12 May 2009 23:09 

Just got back from a quick three day blast up west coast, stayed near Oban and blasts round to Skye courtesy of a hospital trip for one of the lads. Riding between Cluanie Inn and Glen Shiel he overtakes a silver car no worries the car then pulls alongside him and swerves straight into him knocks him off at 50mph, drives off followed by us eventually get him to stop 45yr old w**ker who has no explanation his wife no better, mates bike written off, police arrive treat it like a normal accident fortunately lots of witnesses, notice my frontbrake on Uly is knocking check it one bolt holding caliper on and its loose, pinch bolt of mates now defunct bike as quick fix, back to hotel all get pissed, ride home next day two lads get tickets for just clipping white line by a very efficient plod at bridge below Rannoch Moor where was he when mate knocked off bike we say!! Look out for a silver bmw hidden in latby boasted about how many bikes he catches and to top it all it rained all weekend , wore out back tyre , love the bike spoilt by a prat and hope he eventually gets what he deserves.

PostPosted: 12 May 2009 23:21 
Site Admin

Attempted murder ? :x

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 12 May 2009 23:31 

Thats what it looked like Maz I was behind them it was certainly deliberate and he gave no explanation couldt believe cops didnt lift him especially after trying to do off, told us a report would be submitted in due course so we'll see what happens meanwhile a very efficient copper broke his 'lets do bikers only record' further down road, no justice eh!

PostPosted: 12 May 2009 23:53 

Just got back from the west coast myself, and stayed in oban on sunday night... had four old dears in my digs warning me about a psycho driver that had veered out into an innocent biker and tried to drive off... leaving the biker on the deck with a busted ankle? they said his mates had chased him and 'talked him into returning' ;) must have been your mate i guess. weather further north was a bit drier - also shredded the back tyre :roll: and spent the last 100 miles home shitting myself for fear of the mentioned constabulary.

PostPosted: 13 May 2009 08:48 
I had a nutty driver knock my bike last week. I overtook him as he was slowing down and he was leaving a largish gap between him and the cars in front. I over took and kept my distance from the cars in front - could have overtaken them but didn't, anyway the car now behind me kept his distance from me for about half a mile then out of the blue when I was just about to turn off he speeds up, hi beams on and right up my ass. I hate drivers like that, so in a moment of madness I stopped in the middle of the road and he hits my back tyre as I was stopping. I walked over to him who by then starts reversing slightly. We had words, turns out he didn't like the way I over took him :evil:

He seemed anxious at first blaming me for my riding then asked if I was alright in a genuine caring sort of way - that took the sting out of my tale and couldn't stay angry with him after that and road off - big softy really!

PostPosted: 13 May 2009 09:31 

Last edited by retromlc on 21 May 2009 20:19, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 13 May 2009 22:56 

greasemonkey wrote:
,, if you need to borrow a Landrover to sort this particular twat,, let me know mate,,,

Do you mean Land Rover or do you mean Chav Rover? :lol:

See, it's not just Tubers vs Fuellers that we can get :old: about! :ner:

PostPosted: 13 May 2009 23:21 

He should be getting charged with careless driving or dangerous driving, failing to stop and failing to report an accident but on the other hand the bikes always to fault so he will get off. :headbang:

PostPosted: 14 May 2009 09:10 

Indeed. Would it not take me about a month to get there, I'd offer the services of Rusty for taking out aforementioned twat. With the LWB chassis and a fecking heavy diseasil up front, you barely ever register when you run a cage off the road.

Umm... allegedly. :lol:

The thing for me, when such things happen, is to figure out what I might have done wrong. There's very few who will do something like that unprovoked. As irrational as it might be, something drove that twat to attempted murder. Whilst it might be his own problem and I might have done everything right, as I saw it anyway, if I can modify my riding habits in a way that will stop the next retard or psychopath from trying to run me off the road, that might be a change I should make.

It's very easy to always blame the other driver, it might be that the other driver is at fault but I am too vulnerable on a scoot to take them all on so I'd rather see if I can do something so I don't piss them off in the first place.

PostPosted: 14 May 2009 17:36 

greasemonkey wrote:
...but boy did it feel good :twisted:

Damned right. :twisted:

BTW, I did say "few" will act unprovoked, not none. There could always be someone in a queue of stationary traffic who just wants to open his door in front of you, or whose daughter did run off with a hairy greebo. Often, though, the cause is something that we, as riders, could do differently.

We might only get fined £60 for speeding but pissing off a cage driver by squeezing that last overtake in before the solid whites could carry a death sentence.

Oops... who left that soap box there.

Back on topic, glad that your mate survived. There's no justice in our legal system, though.

PostPosted: 14 May 2009 19:01 

Last edited by retromlc on 21 May 2009 20:19, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 14 May 2009 20:35 

Still trying to think what would justify the guy driving his car into my mate, lets think no nowt there, only thing would have been to stay behind him till the next left turn and turn off to go in a different direction, we've all ridden like tw*ts at times but no not on this occasion perhaps he has a small dick or suffers from pre ejec, as for kicking sh*t out of him would have loved to but lots of witnesses who will hopefully do the biz on the day it matters and smiler gets what he deserves one guy a van drive actually described him as looking over at bike before turning in on him

PostPosted: 14 May 2009 22:05 
spadger wrote:
Still trying to think what would justify the guy driving his car into my mate, lets think no nowt there, only thing would have been to stay behind him till the next left turn and turn off to go in a different direction, we've all ridden like tw*ts at times but no not on this occasion perhaps he has a small dick or suffers from pre ejec, as for kicking sh*t out of him would have loved to but lots of witnesses who will hopefully do the biz on the day it matters and smiler gets what he deserves one guy a van drive actually described him as looking over at bike before turning in on him

speaking as someone with an average sized dick and a normal ejaculation strategy I can only add that the bad-driver should be shot. I have no faith in the legal system, but do believe that he will get what is owing him sooner or later.
There should be a biker hit squad to deal with 'offenders'.

PostPosted: 14 May 2009 22:21 

Last edited by retromlc on 21 May 2009 20:20, edited 1 time in total.