It is currently 26 Apr 2024 06:28

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2020 10:56 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
delw wrote:
Kiwi wrote:
https://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/iqse/

Do those ladies provide personal technical support?

Wouldn't matter if what they told me was correct or not :twisted:

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2020 19:53 

Current ride: 99 Cyclone M2
:yup: it's a slippery slope ;)

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2020 19:54 

Current ride: 99 Cyclone M2
Jazzbutcher wrote:
gusm2 wrote:
Hi, WOT -wide open throttle, air over air as opposed to electric over air is how the pneumatic ram connected to the shift lever is controlled.
Mine has pipes from the air tank to the button on the bars that go to the ignition splitter which is pressure operated.
The other has a button with wires going to an electronic splitter.
So basically I watch the shift light which is set at 6300 rpm and press the button each time it lights
I've got a slow motion video that you can see the gear change happen with both feet off the pegs, I'll see if I can upload it
:yup:

Thanks gusm2.
I get it now, saw a variety when I was down there on other peoples bikes, heard compressors running etc. Thanks for sharing the different types for me. :yup:
I think what I spend & type I get will depend on my next runs after I can see what difference the exhaust makes over the 1/4 mile and if my times spur me on to this stage of upgrade.
Got to say though, watching for a light to change gear seems a lot easier than trying to get it right manually as getting the millisecond timing correctly with a simple switch are minimal. So thanks for clearing that up also (without calling me a dick). :yup:
The 13.5 second runs are like the quickest & the longest time ever, at the same time. :? I think that statement may be an oxymoron in grammar terms but it's correct I think. :?
Littlebutquick did 10.6 with manual clutch & gearing with a T/H1 & ECM, if I could get anywhere under 13.5 with the T/H2 & ECM I'll be happy for the moment, unfortunately I know that won't last.
Thanks again. JB
gusm2 wrote:
:yup: it's a slippery slope ;)

:old:

PostPosted: 29 Feb 2020 18:39 

Current ride: X1 2001
Speed costs money , how fast do you want to go...
you will never be satisfied whatever you achieve , you will always want a bit more :mrgreen:
cheaper alternatives...
get your reaction times faster , improve your clutch technique ,
loose some weight ? even if it's a good shit before , or take unnecessary bits off your bike rear pegs etc.
correct tyre pressures are important too

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2020 00:06 

Nutah wrote:
you will never be satisfied whatever you achieve , you will always want a bit more :mrgreen:
cheaper alternatives...
loose some weight ? even if it's a good shit before , or take unnecessary bits off your bike rear pegs etc.

Thanks Nutah,
Weight is always a good idea to lose, same as a shit beforehand which nerves kind of make happen anyway.
Reaction times are a bit more difficult & setting off (Nerves) with the correct revs even more difficult.
Yeah speed & money do go hand in hand unfortunately & I've kind of done what I can for the time being with the money I had available. I think till I see what difference I'm getting for the money I'm kind of done for now.
May all come to nothing with drag racing but the added bonus is that my bike's running a lot better.
Thanks for your advice though, I'm already losing weight off my body in prep, not sure there's much I can take off the bike though, but the new exhaust has saved a few kilos over the Remus. Also scrapped the petrol collector I fitted as it still stinks like an open tank & replaced it with a little 50mm alloy bottle tucked under the tank cover where the ram air tract fitted. Still stinks but who cares as it's out of the way and still does the job. That saved half a kilo also (that I had added).
Gonna make an extended toe lever on the gearstick so I can actually find it easier, flipping tiny on 1125r's.
Thanks again JB

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2020 23:08 

Current ride: 1125 CR, XT500, 750S
Location: Tiddly village near the throbbing metropolis of Rugby
Jazzbutcher wrote:
Nutah wrote:
cheaper alternatives...

Thanks Nutah,
Weight is always a good idea to lose, same as a shit beforehand which nerves kind of make happen anyway.
Reaction times are a bit more difficult & setting off (Nerves) with the correct revs even more difficult.
Yeah speed & money do go hand in hand unfortunately & I've kind of done what I can for the time being with the money I had available. I think till I see what difference I'm getting for the money I'm kind of done for now.
May all come to nothing with drag racing but the added bonus is that my bike's running a lot better.
Thanks for your advice though, I'm already losing weight off my body in prep, not sure there's much I can take off the bike though, but the new exhaust has saved a few kilos over the Remus. Also scrapped the petrol collector I fitted as it still stinks like an open tank & replaced it with a little 50mm alloy bottle tucked under the tank cover where the ram air tract fitted. Still stinks but who cares as it's out of the way and still does the job. That saved half a kilo also (that I had added).
Gonna make an extended toe lever on the gearstick so I can actually find it easier, flipping tiny on 1125r's.
Thanks again JB

Maybe buy the far superior CR ? :rotfl:

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2020 09:51 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
need to check your times , start delay , first 30ft , and check gearing , might be quicker to pull away in 2nd with a bit clutch slip to get rolling , and just because the thing will rev to whatever before the rev limiter , don't mean you have too, at times changing up 500 to 1000 earlier puts it into a better torque curve ( kinda like a diesel car all the torque is mid range ) , you need a dyno run to look at torque and bhp figures to see where's best to keep it on the boil .

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2020 10:03 

Ohsteveo wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:
Nutah wrote:
cheaper alternatives...

Thanks Nutah,
Thanks again JB

Maybe buy the far superior CR ? :rotfl:

See you at the drag strip :twisted:

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2020 10:18 

barney wrote:
need to check your times , start delay , first 30ft , and check gearing , might be quicker to pull away in 2nd with a bit clutch slip to get rolling , and just because the thing will rev to whatever before the rev limiter , don't mean you have too, at times changing up 500 to 1000 earlier puts it into a better torque curve ( kinda like a diesel car all the torque is mid range ) , you need a dyno run to look at torque and bhp figures to see where's best to keep it on the boil .

Thanks Barney,
Yeah revving it didn't work I found.
This new exhaust has brought all of the power into a much more use-able range.
Couple of people have suggested starting in 2nd, depends how many runs I get on the day really.
Start delay is luck at the moment.
Dyno run to perfect fueling mainly I think, but it doesn't feel far off & not too much of a concern.
I can feel where the max power is geberated, I just need to translate it to revs in the various gears before Santa Pod.
Thanks for your ideas. JB

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2020 12:01 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
https://youtu.be/ode3ssRMunc

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2020 14:11 

Thanks Barney.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2020 18:59 

Current ride: 1125r XB12X
delw wrote:
Kiwi wrote:
https://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/iqse/

Do those ladies provide personal technical support?

Apparently so Del... They quote:

"we persistently strive to offer exceptional customer service. Our success is the result of a dedication to customer satisfaction, word-of-mouth" ;)

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2020 19:59 

Pressure/friction is your enemy, reduce that and you will be home clean.

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2020 11:19 

att wrote:
Pressure/friction is your enemy, reduce that and you will be home clean.
I don't think divorce will help him go any faster ;) lOl lOl

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2020 18:36 

Current ride: X1 2001
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: