It is currently 29 Mar 2024 06:12

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2019 04:37 

Current ride: XB9SX
Jazzbutcher wrote:
Hey Edd,

Took you up on your idea.

:yup: The underside of my air box looks just like that......but in an XBerian sort of way! ;)

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2019 04:48 

I came to the conclusion recently that the DIY snorkel in the bumper of my Clio does not actually boost the performance of my car in terms of power and speed, but with the baffle set as it is the car just drives better! It’s hard to explain, but the engine pick up on part throttle feels easier. It’s a happy little car now! ;)

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2019 09:13 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
edd wrote:
I came to the conclusion recently that the DIY snorkel in the bumper of my Clio does not actually boost the performance of my car in terms of power and speed, but with the baffle set as it is the car just drives better! It’s hard to explain, but the engine pick up on part throttle feels easier. It’s a happy little car now! ;)

Hi Edd,

Yeah I'm not sure mine gains power wise, it just runs much freer & more evenly all round. Power band has changed as in the power starts to build at 5000 & then really comes in at 7,000, whereas before it was pretty much linear power delivery. Most of the rest of the time it's pretty docile & manageable. Which is fine for town & city riding.

I'm just gonna keep experimenting with this & have this as my standard set up now as the Buell standard air box set up just doesn't work very well at all on mine.

Where did you eventually leave the baffle set to then? Is it restricting or diverting the flow of air?
All the best Paul.

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2019 22:41 

I must be going senile having repeated my response. lOl

I think l tried to write that way too late and thought it didn’t post the first time. Hazards of forums and tweets way too late at night! :roll: