All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Buell-S3T
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2018 18:39 

:couch:

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2018 19:08 

Current ride: ULYSSES XB12X
rik,

"Fair comments" and I agree with the bean counters remark as all manufacturers today follow that trend Twiumph's from Thailand BMW's with Chinese Engines and Yes Buells with Cheap bearings and other bits "BUT" that is why I have spent money buying quality improvement parts to make it better.

In the states I saw lots of Harley Davidson parts packages with Harley logo's sprawled all over them and in the corner made in China or Mexico says a lot

I recently sold my old BMW K100LT that I had for many many years but still the old guard of BMW followers did not consider a K series a proper BMW [too many cylinders and water cooled] hate to think what they think about these new chain driven singles and vertical twins.

I wanted to try a Buell and being bigger than the average bear the XB Ulysses fitted my bulk better than say a Harley Sportster which with my Arse on looked like it had a set of saddlebags.

At the moment I am very happy with it and hope it will be a keeper I still aim to get me another Guzzi but I think there is room for both as the Buell even if it is a XB has a charm all of its own.

Churchill

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2018 19:58 

Current ride: 1999 X1
CHURCHILL wrote:
At the moment I am very happy with it and hope it will be a keeper I still aim to get me another Guzzi

Churchill

I've had 1 Goose (Stelvio NTX) and thought the powerplant was a fantastically torquey and very useful mill and I really miss the shaft drive. I didn't get on with the rest of it though. It had the worst buffeting of any bike I've ever been on regardless of the windscreen being on or off, not just up and down. So bad, that it deafening to the ears to the point of practically perforating the ear drums. And the hard cases would leak and rattle off on a trip. I lost all three of them. If I didn't have straps all over the place, I'd have never known the fell off. Best damn headlights I've ever had though.

Anyway, I would buy this V85 if it comes to the USA, without hesitation.
http://discoverv85.motoguzzi.com/en/

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2018 10:33 

Quite a few years ago I bought a Harris Bonneville - the ones made in Devon after the Meriden factory closed. He only produced around 1200 of them, each individually numbered. I wish I'd kept it for its rarity value alone

Wilier La Triestina
Scott CR1

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2018 15:24 

Current ride: ULYSSES XB12X
Anyway, I would buy this V85 if it comes to the USA, without hesitation.
http://discoverv85.motoguzzi.com/en/

Had my eye on that as well hope to see one in the flesh this year

Conquistador,

"Harris Bonnie" very nice, I had a plain T140 & T120 enjoyed them both again wish I still had them.

Churchill