It is currently 19 Apr 2024 11:26

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2018 20:18 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
Finmows wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:
Nothing has changed or will change about the exposing of "Fat Cats".......... We have never been able to influence these things & anyone who tries is quickly dealt with.

Being kettled for 9 hours at G20 was hardly quick! lOl
OLSX was a lot better, that survived 8 months!

I'm not sure what you're talking about?

Sorry for my ignorance.

All the best Paul.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2018 20:42 

Current ride: XB9SX
Jazzbutcher wrote:
Hi Folks,

Sorry, I should have said.

Listen whether you voted leave or stay, it's done & we were all responsible.
I personally didn't want Brexit but I never went out canvassing to make sure of that. Despite all the racist shit that was flying around about immigrants & for sure this is why lots of older people voted leave around me, I know because I talked to lots of them whilst walking my dogs.

The only real thing I have noticed is that stuff from the Brave New USA under Trumps control is that I have to pay shitloads of import tax on anything I buy from there. Well fine, if that's one of Trumps good ideas well Fuck him. I just don't buy anything from there now. I doubt that will smash the US economy but it's all I can actively do.

Yeah I suppose food is going up in price, well I now frequent Iceland, Aldi, Lidl & lots of other cheaper shops to compensate for this, yeah stuff I buy is closer to the end sell date but so what. It still means I can afford fuel for my Buell.

Nothing has changed or will change about the exposing of "Fat Cats" you only have to look at the demise of Carrillion to see that much, Or look at who's being scapegoated for the Grenfell Cladding disaster. We have never been able to influence these things & anyone who tries is quickly dealt with.
Just live with it folks & for F**k's sake stop whining. Get out on your Buell & enjoy being alive.

Now there's a good plan.
Have a nice day. Paul.

I seem to be going into post overload, but you keep hitting the right notes Paul. lOl

I did do the Buell thing today in the few hours of sun! :sun:

But, l heard from colleagues back when that Carrollion were aggressive at making claims for extras on their contracts. They did a job for a local authority l worked for and took more money. I started that year with £166,000 for a few drainage schemes in villages which had suffered during the floods. Small change in the grand plan, but could have stopped a few more houses being damaged and upping all our insurance premiums. Then they took my budget to help pay Carrollton, about £158,000 of it! :roll:

Sorry about the predictive text cockups! :hehe:

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2018 21:38 

Current ride: The wife
Jazzbutcher wrote:
Finmows wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:
Nothing has changed or will change about the exposing of "Fat Cats".......... We have never been able to influence these things & anyone who tries is quickly dealt with.

Sorry for my ignorance.

No worries ;)
G20
OLSX Occupy London Stock Exchange
Hope that helps

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2018 23:05 

Finmows wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:
Finmows wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:

Sorry for my ignorance.

No worries ;)
G20
OLSX Occupy London Stock Exchange
Hope that helps

Yeah that did help,

Nice one & Respect Finmows.

All the best. Paul

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2018 23:28 

edd wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:
Hi Folks,

Sorry, I should have said.

Listen whether you voted leave or stay, it's done & we were all responsible.
I personally didn't want Brexit but I never went out canvassing to make sure of that. Despite all the racist shit that was flying around about immigrants & for sure this is why lots of older people voted leave around me, I know because I talked to lots of them whilst walking my dogs.

The only real thing I have noticed is that stuff from the Brave New USA under Trumps control is that I have to pay shitloads of import tax on anything I buy from there. Well fine, if that's one of Trumps good ideas well Fuck him. I just don't buy anything from there now. I doubt that will smash the US economy but it's all I can actively do.

Yeah I suppose food is going up in price, well I now frequent Iceland, Aldi, Lidl & lots of other cheaper shops to compensate for this, yeah stuff I buy is closer to the end sell date but so what. It still means I can afford fuel for my Buell.

Nothing has changed or will change about the exposing of "Fat Cats" you only have to look at the demise of Carrillion to see that much, Or look at who's being scapegoated for the Grenfell Cladding disaster. We have never been able to influence these things & anyone who tries is quickly dealt with.
Just live with it folks & for F**k's sake stop whining. Get out on your Buell & enjoy being alive.

Now there's a good plan.
Have a nice day. Paul.

I seem to be going into post overload, but you keep hitting the right notes Paul. lOl

I did do the Buell thing today in the few hours of sun! :sun:

But, l heard from colleagues back when that Carrollion were aggressive at making claims for extras on their contracts. They did a job for a local authority l worked for and took more money. I started that year with £166,000 for a few drainage schemes in villages which had suffered during the floods. Small change in the grand plan, but could have stopped a few more houses being damaged and upping all our insurance premiums. Then they took my budget to help pay Carrollton, about £158,000 of it! :roll:

Sorry about the predictive text cockups! :hehe:

Nice one Edd,

I did a bike ride too, 40 odd miles to Sheffield & back, freezing cold but Sunny. Bike ran great & always a massive nostalgia hit for me. Had Hawkwind's "Orgone Accumulator" on before I went ha ha, Flippin' great.
Passed my wife in her car doing a very casual 50 mph till I was out of sight & stood around at my Father in laws with my jacket on (like I had just arrived when she came in the drive) heh heh.
We have to leave our dogs at his house & go visit him in the home half a mile away & take him out.

Yeah, the Carrilion thing is a total scandal no doubt. £158 grand would probably see my life out. Probably some F****r's bonus after bankruptcy was declared.

Have you seen what Finmows has been up to?

Total Respect due.

All the best Paul.