Last visit was: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:57 pm It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:57 pm

All times are UTC+01:00




 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: top speed
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 am
Posts: 1
Location: york
hi anybody know what an 1125r should do flat out ? mine only does 145 . it feels undergeared it was a harley (buell) press fleet bike originally and i am wondering if they changed the pulleys to make it feel quicker


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: top speed
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:13 am 
Offline
proff. patpending
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 8:20 pm
Posts: 14228
Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Location: Bristol - Gateway to all things good
I would take it back and ask for a refund. I would have thought 180 minimum.

_________________
08 Specialized Langster


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: top speed
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:28 pm
Posts: 504
Current ride: 1125r
Location: South
Top speed
158–161 mph (254–259 km/h)


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: top speed
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 6:43 pm
Posts: 1859
Current ride: S1`s
Location: Llanelli South Wales
Are you aerodynamically challanged in shape :?:


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: top speed
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:10 pm
Posts: 1889
Current ride: Buell ulysses
Location: Telford
TOPGUMM wrote:
Are you aerodynamically challanged in shape :?:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

_________________
Buell Ulysses XB12X 06/08
CCM R30 (650cc) 02
Norton Dominators ( in bits on going projects ) old


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: top speed
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:28 pm
Posts: 504
Current ride: 1125r
Location: South
lOl


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: top speed
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:35 pm
Posts: 214
Current ride: Buell 1125R and M2
Location: Loughborough
Kiwi wrote:
Top speed
158–161 mph (254–259 km/h)



Same here ...


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: top speed
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 8:00 pm
Posts: 8160
Current ride: Buell X1 2001
Location: southampton
:yt: apparently

Top speed 158–161 mph (254–259 km/h)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buell_1125R :here: :yup:

_________________
Obey the principles without being bound by them.
Bruce Lee


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: top speed
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:28 pm
Posts: 504
Current ride: 1125r
Location: South
Nutah wrote:
:yt: apparently

Top speed 158–161 mph (254–259 km/h)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buell_1125R :here: :yup:



Haven't got near there, value my cheap insurance too much...would like to though, private road anyone??


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: top speed
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 8:00 pm
Posts: 8160
Current ride: Buell X1 2001
Location: southampton
don't blame you :yup: ,
i doubt i could see the speedo at that speed ,if i had an 1125 :shock:

_________________
Obey the principles without being bound by them.
Bruce Lee


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: top speed
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:28 pm
Posts: 504
Current ride: 1125r
Location: South
Nutah wrote:
don't blame you :yup: ,
i doubt i could see the speedo at that speed ,if i had an 1125 :shock:



lOl


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: top speed
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:08 pm 
Online

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:10 pm
Posts: 1559
Current ride: 99 cyclone m2
Location: Liverpool
Kiwi wrote:
Nutah wrote:
:yt: apparently

Top speed 158–161 mph (254–259 km/h)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buell_1125R :here: :yup:



Haven't got near there, value my cheap insurance too much...would like to though, private road anyone??


See my threads :coat:
Santa Pod Raceway unless you've been in a galaxy far far away this is the place where you can go as fast as you like and make as much noise as you possibly can.
Next meet is Sept 30th :idea:
However as correctly pointed out by rik you've only got 1320 feet to do it........but you do get as many runs as you can squeeze in :yup: ;)

_________________
Buells are for life....


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: top speed
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:28 pm
Posts: 504
Current ride: 1125r
Location: South
gusm2 wrote:
Kiwi wrote:
Nutah wrote:
:yt: apparently

Top speed 158–161 mph (254–259 km/h)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buell_1125R :here: :yup:



Haven't got near there, value my cheap insurance too much...would like to though, private road anyone??


See my threads :coat:
Santa Pod Raceway unless you've been in a galaxy far far away this is the place where you can go as fast as you like and make as much noise as you possibly can.
Next meet is Sept 30th :idea:
However as correctly pointed out by rik you've only got 1320 feet to do it........but you do get as many runs as you can squeeze in :yup: ;)


I definitely want to do this one day Gus. I went to Shakespeare last year for a bit of a recce with full intention of getting to a RWYB day at one of the strips this year. Its been a busy year and whenever a meet has been on I've either been away or at work!

I don't think I'd get to the 158mph but I'd give it a bloody good shot ;) I have a spare belt now too.

I'm on an agreement to go to Bulldog with Wobblyone next year too (If he's reading this) But by the looks of the numbers at that do I'd probably get stage fright and just sit in the beer tent instead :)


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: top speed
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:05 pm
Posts: 805
Current ride: 97 M2, 09 XT
Location: Sunny Suffolk
Might be mistaken but I believe this years Bulldog was the last, the ground has finally been sold/ planning permission given (delete as appropriate). Houses next year :sad1:

_________________
Today my pet mouse Elvis died :cry: ..................He was caught in a trap
There are two types of people in this world, those that can extrapolate


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: top speed
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:43 pm
Posts: 195
Current ride: xb12scg tadpoled
Location: Hastings uk
Graeme1203 wrote:
Might be mistaken but I believe this years Bulldog was the last, the ground has finally been sold/ planning permission given (delete as appropriate). Houses next year :sad1:

Been to few bashes,haven't been for a few years,but a mate of mine who was there last year said the whole feel of the event has gone downhill,it's probably run its course anyway. :clap:

_________________
Just cause you're breathing doesn't mean you're alive.


Top
   
 
 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], jibber and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited