It is currently 29 Mar 2024 01:18

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Ali flyscreen for S1
PostPosted: 30 Oct 2017 12:49 

Current ride: xb12scg
DaveH wrote:
And what's wrong with hipster Steve. Did you never have penny round collars back in the day or split knee trousers or patch pockets ? Or God forbid stack shoes. Christ I was nearly 6ft in mine. Move with the times or stagnate.

i agree dave move on,im definitely
not going to ride around in my bay city rollers trousers next year. :sun:

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2017 20:23 

pash wrote:
Before Holtworks, the option banded about was The Tank Shop, however they were discounted as they took an age to make a tank and their prices were high.

:?

No, tank works actually fucked off if I remember correctly.
Not even on about all that mate, all your tanks something like fit because I pissed around modifying the shit brackets that where supplied with my tank (after a year and a half wait) and I never got a thankyou, kiss my arse or owt.

Anyone can take ages to make something, I do, but if someone emails me I do them the courtesy of letting them know I'm pissing them around.

I personally don't think they will ever make the bodywork, they wanted orders for at least 10off to make the tanks and I'd be surprised if orders for 10 sets of bodywork will ever materialise, especially when the buyers realise they have to front half the money till they decide to make a start on them.

All exactly what you whinged about when you bought yours if I remember correctly Pash, (pots and kettle smilie needed).

Andy

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2017 23:44 

Current ride: S1`s
:sad1: Feck you lot

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2017 07:46 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
spondon440 wrote:
pash wrote:
Before Holtworks, the option banded about was The Tank Shop, however they were discounted as they took an age to make a tank and their prices were high.

:?

No, tank works actually fucked off if I remember correctly.
Not even on about all that mate, all your tanks something like fit because I pissed around modifying the shit brackets that where supplied with my tank (after a year and a half wait) and I never got a thankyou, kiss my arse or owt.

Anyone can take ages to make something, I do, but if someone emails me I do them the courtesy of letting them know I'm pissing them around.

I personally don't think they will ever make the bodywork, they wanted orders for at least 10off to make the tanks and I'd be surprised if orders for 10 sets of bodywork will ever materialise, especially when the buyers realise they have to front half the money till they decide to make a start on them.

All exactly what you whinged about when you bought yours if I remember correctly Pash, (pots and kettle smilie needed).

Andy

:yt:

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2017 23:09 

Current ride: S1W,S2T,1125CR
Picked up my tank from Holtworks today and it is a thing of great beauty. Tony and Michelle are really nice people and obviously have a massive order bank for Buell tanks as well as numerous other brands. He is currently working on a run of AJS tanks. I ordered mine in January so had to wait a little longer than anticipated but I'm happy 8-)

Steve

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2017 18:23 

Current ride: Pushbike!
[quote="pash"]Why not get these guys to make you stuff like that?

https://www.boltlondon.com/custom-2-1[/quote]

It doesn't look good. I've had quite a bit of alloy work done in the past. That looks all over the place!
In fact, after just looking at some more pictures, it's shocking! I guess I missed the joke Pash :)

Last edited by Mickrick on 02 Nov 2017 18:31, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2017 18:29 

Current ride: Pushbike!
To be fair to Holtworks, even though I never had anything from them, this sort of thing is hand crafted, and takes time.
I had my car chassis with the fellow who made the nose cone and wings, for 18 months IIRC. His work was in demand, and he had shitloads of it. He fitted my job in, in between other jobs.
The results were outstanding, and well worth the wait.
He did answer my e-mails though.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2017 20:27 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Mickrick wrote:
pash wrote:
Why not get these guys to make you stuff like that?

https://www.boltlondon.com/custom-2-1

It doesn't look good. I've had quite a bit of alloy work done in the past. That looks all over the place!
In fact, after just looking at some more pictures, it's shocking! I guess I missed the joke Pash :)

I'll have to look harder. From a distance it looked OK.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2017 21:28 

DaveH wrote:
And what's wrong with hipster Steve. Did you never have penny round collars back in the day or split knee trousers or patch pockets ? Or God forbid stack shoes. Christ I was nearly 6ft in mine. Move with the times or stagnate.

You just want another superdream or plastic maggot, give it up Dave, you haven't got enough hair.

Andy

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2017 08:57 

Current ride: XB12s,S1WL, Triumph
spondon440 wrote:
DaveH wrote:

You just want another superdream or plastic maggot, give it up Dave, you haven't got enough hair.

Andy

You f##ker. Fancy outing my list of early bikes. And as for hair I've got it in abundance. It just grows in places I can't really show in public without getting arrested. I can grow a decent woodcutter type beard but I look like granddad out of Only fools and horses or father Christmas. It puts another 10 years on me and makes me look nearly 50 ....... :coat:

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2017 17:52 

DaveH wrote:
spondon440 wrote:
DaveH wrote:

Andy

You f##ker. Fancy outing my list of early bikes. And as for hair I've got it in abundance. It just grows in places I can't really show in public without getting arrested. I can grow a decent woodcutter type beard but I look like granddad out of Only fools and horses or father Christmas. It puts another 10 years on me and makes me look nearly 50 ....... :coat:

Lol, I haven't outed all of them, even I couldn't tell people about one of them.

Andy

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2017 18:59 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
vespa ....... :?:

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2017 19:21 

barney wrote:
vespa ....... :?:

Worse, anyway I sort of have a Lambretta and I'm not embarrassed to talk about it.

Andy

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2017 08:33 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
I could just picture Dave as a mod , immaculately dressed and with a chrome fest of mirrors on a white scooter :D

not that long ago I used a HONDA 50 moped for work ............£10 a year tax £16 a year insurance and £2 a week fuel .. :old:

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2017 10:24 

Current ride: K100 CBR1000F z550Gt
spondon440 wrote:
DaveH wrote:

Andy

Maggots are the in thing over here at the moment, they'd rather have one of them than a Guzzi lOl