It is currently 28 Mar 2024 10:24

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2016 13:23 

Current ride: 1125CR & HD Hardtail
Finmows wrote:
You didn't inform us that "after extensive research and enquiry" was made you couldn't find the answer to your problem...therefore you only gave us half of the information required and relied on us to give an uninformed opinion (there is an alternative UKBEG site elsewhere for that)

Well actually, in order for people to give me their opinion or experience on the matter, they didn't need to know what I already knew about them. The only information required was the product in question, and my query.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2016 13:28 

Current ride: The wife
This now changes matters somewhat
Are you seriously considering buying this bike?
Do you know how much the OEM is if the need arises that you have to revert to OEM?

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2016 13:42 

Current ride: 1125CR & HD Hardtail
Finmows wrote:
This now changes matters somewhat
Are you seriously considering buying this bike?
Do you know how much the OEM is if the need arises that you have to revert to OEM?

I am interested in buying an 1125CR and I saw the one with these on for sale, and as I'm not keen on the standard ones, I thought I would try and find out if these were any good. If they work just as well, then I would go for one that I prefer the look of. I know you can get an entire shroud including fan for less than £100 each side. And I also know that most aftermarket shrouds are much more than that, so it made sense to get what I want first, rather than forking out more afterwards.

Although in the time since I first posted this I have discovered that the bike probably hasn't had the stator issues fixed so I won't be going for that particular bike. I will still be interested in people's experience or opinion on the open radiators though as whichever bike I purchase, I am still likely to want to change them, so this thread is still relevant.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2016 21:45 

Current ride: Buell 1125R and M2
I like the CR and it has a load of carbon bits on it. You would struggle to put this together for the money.

Rotor mod is £75 ??? Why let that put you off ...