Last visit was: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:48 am It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:48 am

All times are UTC+01:00




 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Ecm for xb12
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:10 pm
Posts: 2025
Current ride: Buell ulysses
Location: Telford
03 wrote:
Maz wrote:
Right then, as Trev seems to have gone missing......bike was with HWC for 6 weeks during which time they had 16 hours diagnostics !.......came into my place on Saturday and was sorted in less than 2 hours with zero parts needed......was just a dirty ECM fuse lOl

These are our friends? Who needs friends like this?

16 hours of diagostics at how much an hour :shock: :headbang: :coat:

_________________
Buell Ulysses XB12X 06/08
CCM R30 (650cc) 02
Norton Dominators ( in bits on going projects ) old


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Ecm for xb12
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:57 pm
Posts: 549
Current ride: XB12Scg well tweaked
Location: Edge of Romney Marsh
Thanks Maz for the happy ending to the story. Guess you have another convert on the books. :yup:

_________________
I'd rather be shot out of a cannon than squeezed out of a tube.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Ecm for xb12
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:59 am 
Offline
proff. patpending
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 8:20 pm
Posts: 14471
Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Location: Bristol - Gateway to all things good
barney wrote:
03 wrote:
Maz wrote:
Right then, as Trev seems to have gone missing......bike was with HWC for 6 weeks during which time they had 16 hours diagnostics !.......came into my place on Saturday and was sorted in less than 2 hours with zero parts needed......was just a dirty ECM fuse lOl

These are our friends? Who needs friends like this?

16 hours of diagostics at how much an hour :shock: :headbang: :coat:

£100 per hour?

£1.6k in total?

_________________
08 Specialized Langster


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Ecm for xb12
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:01 am 
Offline
proff. patpending
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 8:20 pm
Posts: 14471
Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Location: Bristol - Gateway to all things good
03 wrote:
Maz wrote:
Right then, as Trev seems to have gone missing......bike was with HWC for 6 weeks during which time they had 16 hours diagnostics !.......came into my place on Saturday and was sorted in less than 2 hours with zero parts needed......was just a dirty ECM fuse lOl

These are our friends? Who needs friends like this?

You would think there was a trouble shooting guide they would follow... but yeah, embarrassing conversations at next years UKBEG birthday party...

_________________
08 Specialized Langster


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Ecm for xb12
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:27 pm
Posts: 664
pash wrote:
barney wrote:
03 wrote:
Maz wrote:
Right then, as Trev seems to have gone missing......bike was with HWC for 6 weeks during which time they had 16 hours diagnostics !.......came into my place on Saturday and was sorted in less than 2 hours with zero parts needed......was just a dirty ECM fuse lOl

These are our friends? Who needs friends like this?

16 hours of diagostics at how much an hour :shock: :headbang: :coat:

£100 per hour?

£1.6k in total?

If they pulled that one on me, friends or not, it would take me about 1 nano second before I had the small claims form in the post.

_________________
Try this on yer fueller...........


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Ecm for xb12
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:16 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:25 pm
Posts: 11705
Location: Oswestry
If HWC are our 'friends' they will at least offer some sort of good will gesture and charge a VERY reduced rate for doing nothing for 16 hours :eat: If they get away with it, I'm going to open a Computer repair shop (I know FA about computers) and when owners return, I'll tell them I couldn't fix it, but charge them £100 for looking at it lOl This time next year Rodney........

_________________
If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Ecm for xb12
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 8:00 pm
Posts: 8648
Current ride: Buell X1 2001
Location: southampton
Adam wrote:
If HWC are our 'friends' they will at least offer some sort of good will gesture and charge a VERY reduced rate for doing nothing for 16 hours :eat: If they get away with it, I'm going to open a Computer repair shop (I know FA about computers) and when owners return, I'll tell them I couldn't fix it, but charge them £100 for looking at it lOl This time next year Rodney........


:rotfl: :rotfl: :yup:

_________________
Obey the principles without being bound by them.
Bruce Lee


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Ecm for xb12
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:34 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:17 pm
Posts: 8046
Location: Manchester
To be fair, I dont think he was charged anything ?

_________________
Mithered ta death.
92 MB
96 S2T
98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Ecm for xb12
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:27 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 5:04 pm
Posts: 3303
Current ride: 2 Buells + 3 Guzzis
Location: West Yorkshire
Maz wrote:
To be fair, I dont think he was charged anything ?


:hehe: that is so funny..... POTM

_________________
Chris & Jane Jessop
Founders of UKBEG April 1998

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: Ecm for xb12
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:01 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:25 pm
Posts: 11705
Location: Oswestry
Maz wrote:
To be fair, I dont think he was charged anything ?



I should hope not. After 16hrs of part swapping, any normal person would be too embarrassed :!: lOl

_________________
If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough.


Top
   
 
 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited