It is currently 20 Apr 2024 06:25

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject: Re: Ecm for xb12
PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016 13:50 

pash wrote:
paulastbury wrote:
pash wrote:
Thought Harleyworld were our friends... You don't dis your friends...

Better change that calendar CJ. :rotfl:

Quite...

FWIW, I am sad that you think it was a "friend" that advised the OP to do what he has done. That is not the sort of friend I would want. It doesn't matter a flying f**k of course what I think. However, if you wish the group to have friends like that, it is entirely your call. It's not a decision I would countenance or support. I'm very glad I know who my friends are and none of them work in a tassel tractor shop, though one or two used to.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016 13:55 

Current ride: XB12Scg well tweaked
https://secure.static.tumblr.com/cf49c1 ... kw8co0.jpg
Not an ECU between them ..... not on show anyway ! :rotfl:

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016 14:09 

Current ride: K100 CBR1000F z550Gt
03 wrote:
FWIW, I am sad that you think it was a "friend" that advised the OP to do what he has done. That is not the sort of friend I would want. It doesn't matter a flying f**k of course what I think. However, if you wish the group to have friends like that, it is entirely your call. It's not a decision I would countenance or support. I'm very glad I know who my friends are and none of them work in a tassel tractor shop, though one or two used to.

Hi Steve,

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick, judging by the following post and the "quite" comment related to it.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016 14:16 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
03 wrote:
pash wrote:
paulastbury wrote:
pash wrote:
Thought Harleyworld were our friends... You don't dis your friends...

Better change that calendar CJ. :rotfl:

Quite...

Come come, I have no beef with you and I have no evidence to challenge your suggestion however HWC are the current preferred UKBEG birthday party supplier. I have never visited HWC although I may do if I am ever passing.

Of course I would prefer everyone to go to Maz. And of course I hope this misunderstanding caused by the emotion of binary communication has not tarnished our relationship 03... :4roz:

And it does matter a flying fook what you think..,

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016 14:18 
proff. patpending

I have no say in the choice of birthday party venue, if I did we would be eating cake locally to me...

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016 14:22 

Hey Mr P, I'm going to come and find you for cake and a coffee anyway, birthday or not. I'v got to go to Gloucester Docks soon so I will come and find you if your about. :rotfl:

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016 14:31 

Current ride: S1W,S2T,1125CR
Dealer Principal at Harleyworld is Patrick Yates who, like myself, was enthusiastic about Buells and involved from the very beginning of the brand in the UK back in 1996.

He's raced his own bike, ridden all over on Buells, hosts our birthday party and does a good job of running a Harley-Davidson dealership. They are naturally going to be more inclined to the dark side because that's where their money comes from.

A couple of years ago they had a tech who had his own Buell and was really keen. Don't know if he's still there because last time I saw him he was looking to find a role in an EBR dealership :D

Steve

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016 14:33 
proff. patpending

Tadpole wrote:
Hey Mr P, I'm going to come and find you for cake and a coffee anyway, birthday or not. I'v got to go to Gloucester Docks soon so I will come and find you if your about. :rotfl:

Yes please... I've found the best cake in Bristol...

http://www.ahhtoots.co.uk/gallery-of-cake/

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016 15:15 

Perhaps ECM is for "Extra Cake Maker" nothing to do with Laktrics ! Now ECU, as in "Extra Cake Unit" I can understand. I will get in touch a few days before rocking up to give fair warning to hide all good things. :dance:

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016 16:21 
proff. patpending

ursus americanus wrote:
Dealer Principal at Harleyworld is Patrick Yates who, like myself, was enthusiastic about Buells and involved from the very beginning of the brand in the UK back in 1996.

He's raced his own bike, ridden all over on Buells, hosts our birthday party and does a good job of running a Harley-Davidson dealership. They are naturally going to be more inclined to the dark side because that's where their money comes from.

A couple of years ago they had a tech who had his own Buell and was really keen. Don't know if he's still there because last time I saw him he was looking to find a role in an EBR dealership :D

Steve

Sorry Steve, we've moved on to cakes now...

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016 16:38 

Current ride: 97 M2, 09 XT
Cake !!

Attachments:
File comment: Cake!!
buell cake.jpg
buell cake.jpg [ 7.57 KiB | Viewed 684 times ]

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016 16:41 

Current ride: 97 M2, 09 XT
One more because I love CAKE!!

Attachments:
Buell cake 2.jpg
Buell cake 2.jpg [ 8.35 KiB | Viewed 684 times ]

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016 17:06 
proff. patpending

Looking awesome

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016 18:17 

Current ride: XB12s,S1WL, Triumph
DaveH wrote:
Should have taken it to Maz trev. Bet he has an ecu in stock as well. An xb9 ecu with a reflash for a xb12 map will also work. The 90 quid an hour HD will charge you while they fanny about, that's what's gonna hurt the most.

I wasn't knocking HDC specifically but HD prices in general. Yes they have massive overheads compared to maz. But don't forget that HD have dropped Buell like a hot potato in all but a few dealerships. 90 quid an hour labour rate is still a bit salty from any dealership. Last time the subject came up in conversation maz's were less than half that and he's got the expertise to know if the ECU is cooked a lot quicker than all HD spannermen.........Dave.
PS I sometimes ride over to HDC for a coffee on the S1 to show 'em what they're missing :hehe:

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016 18:29 
proff. patpending

DaveH wrote:
DaveH wrote:
Should have taken it to Maz trev. Bet he has an ecu in stock as well. An xb9 ecu with a reflash for a xb12 map will also work. The 90 quid an hour HD will charge you while they fanny about, that's what's gonna hurt the most.

I wasn't knocking HDC specifically but HD prices in general. Yes they have massive overheads compared to maz. But don't forget that HD have dropped Buell like a hot potato in all but a few dealerships. 90 quid an hour labour rate is still a bit salty from any dealership. Last time the subject came up in conversation maz's were less than half that and he's got the expertise to know if the ECU is cooked a lot quicker than all HD spannermen.........Dave.
PS I sometimes ride over to HDC for a coffee on the S1 to show 'em what they're missing :hehe:

Any cakes?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next