It is currently 18 Apr 2024 13:55

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2016 23:45 

Current ride: 2008 XB12ss, 1993 XL
For non Facebook users my red 2009 Buell 1125r YJ59KUV was stolen from my place of work (Derby road Mansfield) at 1pm on 26 September. reported to police insurance company etc.

Over a week has passed and no news despite providing CCTV to police. I am still jumping through hoops with the insurance company who want to take a picture of my garage to prove I garage the bike overnight. (I kid you not , I was gobsmacked by that request).

Thanks to those that have shared on facebook and offered positive and encouraging comments.

I somehow dont expect this to end with the bike being returned to it's rightful owner so might need to start looking for a replacement Buell when the insurance pays up.

Jim

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2016 10:38 

Current ride: 1125r XB12X
Thanks for the update Jim. It is always the worst news hearing of bike thefts but is always good to log into memory the info for personal use, should this ever happen to ones self *touches wood*

Did the cctv record the thieves in the act? Did they lift the bike or ride away? I always worry when mine is away from the anchor and lock as I know 2 teenagers could easily lift it into a van or similar.

Good luck with the insurance company, they are total asshats :!:

Bike thieves should be hung like horse thieves once were. That would halt this epidemic :old:

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2016 10:59 

Current ride: The wife
Kiwi wrote:
It is always the worst news hearing of bike thefts but is always good to log into memory the info for personal use, should this ever happen to ones self *touches wood*

But it gives you a hard on??? lOl
Insurance companies are ruthless bastards and the police are idle (to the extent they want you to do their work for them)
Good luck with either a payout or finding the bike again

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2016 13:13 

There is always one with a mind of filth. Would expect nothing less from Filmows, from earlier posts read :rotfl:

Just for you Filmow:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knocking_on_wood

Sorry to disappoint

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2016 16:52 

Current ride: ktm 950 sm
Bike thieves should be hung like horse thieves once were. That would halt this
epidemic :old:...

Lethal injection is very effective... :evil:

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2016 17:19 

Kiwi wrote:

There is always one with a mind of filth. Would expect nothing less from Filmows, from earlier posts read :rotfl:

Just for you Filmow:

Sorry to disappoint

And just for you
http://www.internetslang.com/WOOD-meani ... nition.asp
Oh and if you really feel the need to try and have a go at me, at least have the common decency and a little (assuming you have some ) intelligence to get my name right, its FINMOWS ffs :roll:

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2016 20:28 

Current ride: 2008 XB12ss, 1993 XL
Kiwi wrote:
Thanks for the update Jim. It is always the worst news hearing of bike thefts but is always good to log into memory the info for personal use, should this ever happen to ones self *touches wood*

Did the cctv record the thieves in the act? Did they lift the bike or ride away? I always worry when mine is away from the anchor and lock as I know 2 teenagers could easily lift it into a van or similar.

Bike thieves should be hung like horse thieves once were. That would halt this epidemic :old:

They were around the bike for less than 10 minutes and rode it away. From what I can make out they started it, stopped the engine, smashed the steering lock started it again and drove away. 2 people. 1 jumped on the back (plastic seat cover) without using the pillion rests my guess is that the passenger then got in the car or more likley van that they had to transport it. The police had the numberplate and a full report within a few minutes of the theft.

My main concern is that I used the "theft setting" which I thought would have prevented this sort of theft but hindsight is a great thing.

Big padlock and chain may be the best way forward for security but my last bike that was stolen in the 80s had one of those cut.

Incidentley hanging is far too quick a death in my book for this sort of crime.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2016 06:00 

Jim1340 wrote:
Kiwi wrote:

They were around the bike for less than 10 minutes and rode it away. From what I can make out they started it, stopped the engine, smashed the steering lock started it again and drove away. 2 people. 1 jumped on the back (plastic seat cover) without using the pillion rests my guess is that the passenger then got in the car or more likley van that they had to transport it. The police had the numberplate and a full report within a few minutes of the theft.

My main concern is that I used the "theft setting" which I thought would have prevented this sort of theft but hindsight is a great thing.

Big padlock and chain may be the best way forward for security but my last bike that was stolen in the 80s had one of those cut.

Incidentley hanging is far too quick a death in my book for this sort of crime.

Bloody hell, 10 minutes, I am going to be paranoid now. Lock and chain yep...but who carries those around with them. I have a little xena disc lock I will take with me now but still that is no help when they lift the bike into a van. I hope you find them Jim. Yep hanging is too quick ...maybe chop their hands off first.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2016 06:03 

Finmows wrote:
Kiwi wrote:

Just for you Filmow:

Sorry to disappoint

And just for you
http://www.internetslang.com/WOOD-meani ... nition.asp
Oh and if you really feel the need to try and have a go at me, at least have the common decency and a little (assuming you have some ) intelligence to get my name right, its FINMOWS ffs
:roll:

Nope, no decency or intelligence...aint got time for all that malarkey :ner:

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2016 07:01 

Current ride: K100 CBR1000F z550Gt
Kiwi wrote:
I have a little xena disc lock I will take with me now but still that is no help when they lift the bike into a van.

It's no help when they don't either. Recently had a bike stolen with one of those on. Unfortunately, if the thieves want your bike, they're going to have it :sad1:

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2016 08:14 

Bonzo wrote:
Kiwi wrote:
I have a little xena disc lock I will take with me now but still that is no help when they lift the bike into a van.

It's no help when they don't either. Recently had a bike stolen with one of those on. Unfortunately, if the thieves want your bike, they're going to have it :sad1:

Sad but true

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2016 09:18 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Jim1340 wrote:

Yeah, what's that all about if it isn't to stop the bike from starting?

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2016 10:24 

As far as I can see, the best security is to keep the bike(s) in a garage and drive a car up to the door so it can't be opened. I know it's not totally fool proof, but I guess the tea leaf would go to an easier target if faced with that.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2016 10:32 

Bonzo wrote:
Unfortunately, if the thieves want your bike, they're going to have it :sad1:

Very true indeed
A few years ago, I heard about a lad who had his bike anchored down by front and rear wheel in a garage with a door like Fort Knox...bastards took the axles out...left the wheels...and lifted the rest of the bike through the roof!

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2016 11:52 

Current ride: K100 CBR1000F z550Gt
Finmows wrote:
A few years ago, I heard about a lad who had his bike anchored down by front and rear wheel in a garage with a door like Fort Knox...bastards took the axles out...left the wheels...and lifted the rest of the bike through the roof!

I bet it wasn't a Buell lOl