It is currently 20 Apr 2024 10:15

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 10 May 2009 11:42 
8-)

Hi All

I'm still thinking about buying the 1125CR

I want to hear all your tales of woe, but also more tales of WOW and fun and happiness :)

I just want to know if I could end up with something that's going to be spending too much time at the dealers (Almost 90miles away, and I HATE cities!)

So come on help me choose............ :headbang:

Do I buy? Or do I just think of what may have been. It was brilliant even at running in speeds when I had the demo out for a few (400+) miles.

Cheers All

Catch you out there

PostPosted: 10 May 2009 16:04 

Current ride: K100 CBR1000F z550Gt
fuzzzy wrote:
It was brilliant even at running in speeds when I had the demo out for a few (400+) miles.

Cheque book time :D

PostPosted: 10 May 2009 17:01 

Life is way too short to think about what may have been, nobody should go to the grave thinking 'I wish I'd........'

Buy one, it's a stonking motor, not fully developed yet but still stonking 8-)

PostPosted: 10 May 2009 20:04 
I have to agree with Adam, the pros far outweigh the cons ...

Hopefully, with an 09 model, you shouldn't have any problems, but before you accept the bike just ensure that the dealer checks HD-Net and ensures that all product "enhancements" have been done.

Keep an eye on the 1125R forum on BadWeatherBikers - the Americans always get to hear of any news first !

PostPosted: 10 May 2009 20:45 

I'll find out tomorrow, after the Buell experience day........... :dance:

PostPosted: 10 May 2009 22:59 

If you get passed 250 miles and it hasn`t locked up or lost all the oil you`ve got a good `un :D and your love it :yup:

PostPosted: 10 May 2009 23:01 
There are at least two owners on the forum, Anders74 and Jonnyboyrebel - try PMing them and asking for their opinions ...

... maybe too late, Anders has posted just in front of me !

PostPosted: 11 May 2009 13:23 

cool bike, won't ever part with it

PostPosted: 11 May 2009 13:57 

I love my 1125CR. Gives me a lot of shit but the surge of power and the grin on my ace everytime i open the throttle makes up for it. the growl from the airbox is pretty mean too - especially with the cover off. Just need a Saron now.

You should get it mate. Seriously!

PostPosted: 11 May 2009 14:49 
Wouldn't swap my CR for anything (ok, maybe a fortnight with Jennifer Aniston in the Bahamas!) I haven't had any problems with mine 2000+ miles and 3 months old.

PostPosted: 11 May 2009 19:21 
Well thanks all. :D
It looks like I'll have to get on the phone and tell them to keep it for me.
Just got the insurance company finding out how much it'll add to my insurance, http://www.ebikeinsurance.co.uk/ don't have the 1125CR listed yet. Although it looks like it shouldn't cost much. I tried for a quote with the R and they didn't want any more cash :o to add it to my policy. I'm keeping the Dyna for lugging passengers and luggage.

Cheers all 8-)

PostPosted: 11 May 2009 19:41 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
I rode one today. It was not that much faster accelerating than a Uly when giving it the gas on the road and it had uncomfortable ace bars.

Apart from that, it was OK.

Wouldn't trade my Bolt in for it though.

PostPosted: 11 May 2009 19:44 
.... Hi fuzzzy

Rode a couple at Castle combe this morning. The handle bars make a lot of difference and one must of had the seat different because one felt cramped.

The engine is fantastic. I've ridden the CB1000R recently and found that to be a smoother and great bike but after the second corner and straight I thought the CR was better.

That engine with a decen sounding exhaust in a Uly frame - that would be great, and no need to remap because it really is very torquee and has a linear curver so it pulls like fek at any speed but at 8,000 the world goes blurry and it got scary. :oooops:

It would keep up with anything I have ever ridden and feels like a good quality bike. And of course is very different from the crowd. I haven't seen one on the road yet.

PostPosted: 12 May 2009 09:12 
shudnobeta wrote:
I haven't seen one on the road yet.

That's cause they're all being fixed at the dealers :D

PostPosted: 12 May 2009 09:26 
pash wrote:
I rode one today. It was not that much faster accelerating than a Uly when giving it the gas on the road and it had uncomfortable ace bars.

Pash, that's because you were riding it like an XB, you really need to let it rev ...