It is currently 25 Apr 2024 16:34

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 10 May 2009 21:38 

Dealer mechanics try to work too fast trying to hit bonus not rechecking their work! i'd get a report from different dealer then take legal advice before getting repaired or approaching tvhd. If your a member of AA or rac i think both have a free legal department for their members. You need to play this carefully. Main thing though your still in 1 piece!

PostPosted: 12 May 2009 15:06 
MAN! Thats bad! You think paying those prices you get better work, obviously not! Looking on the positive side - glad your OK!

I've had some bad experiences with local bike garages on my RD. In the end I've started to do work myself but I'm no mechanic and not interested in servicing my Buell myself!

PostPosted: 13 May 2009 01:31 

And that's why my (soon to be) new Scg will be serviced by my ex BMW trained mechanic of 30 years who has worked privately for the last 15 years and lives and breathes bikes...

Anyone in the Tonbridge area who needs a recommended mechanic pm me!

PostPosted: 13 May 2009 08:26 
Thing is not everyone knows the right people who can service your bike with confidence?

Going back to the original topic, what caused the problem? was it the TVHD left the cover off or did they not screw it back on properly and it fell off under pressure?

PostPosted: 13 May 2009 18:04 

Current ride: 08 Uly
Thanks for posting this up. TVHD is my nearest dealer but they won't be seeing any service business from me.

I went in there and asked for some SAE20/50 last week - they handed me SAE50. They'd mixed them up on the shelves. I hadn't bought it before so didn't know any better, till I checked my manual on getting home. So a wasted journey. Reassuring? I think not.

PostPosted: 13 May 2009 20:12 
they left the 3 bolts loose on the cover......

its all fixed now by GUILFORD HARLEY DAVIDSON really good service down there nice guys no BULLSHIT no fuss and they know how to use a telephone 1st class service so anyone who uses TVHD shouldn`t take my word as gospel have a ride down there and check it out its a nice ride out to there too!!!!!!

Last edited by paul1433 on 13 May 2009 23:28, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 13 May 2009 20:20 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Did they replace the rear pads and the tyre?

Did they charge you for the work?

PostPosted: 13 May 2009 23:26 
yes replaced rear pads and the rear tyre and ordered the new brake hose... TVHD said the brake hose was ok its only rubbed through the outer plastic and it dont need that what a complete :tosser: he said " thats there to protect the paintwork" i cant believe someone has not been seriously hurt or killed yet the outcome of this mistake they made on my bike could have been so very different!!!!

if anyone still uses them after reading these posts you must be crazy cos you maynot be so lucky.........

PostPosted: 14 May 2009 06:09 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
I think you should write to the manager and tell him your concerns. After all, how will his ever get fed back?

PostPosted: 14 May 2009 12:02 
paul1433 wrote:
THAMES VALLEY also replaced bearings in a sportster of mine and forgot to put the tube back in the wheel between the bearings and they colapsed.......

TVHD also did the "full stage one" on my m2 for the original owner..i checked it over and found that they had put a old and used!! washer under the needle. :tosser: