It is currently 20 Apr 2024 03:05

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 09 May 2009 21:07 

pash wrote:
I am sure twill go nowhere, after all, MCN would not want to lose advertising...

Don't know about that, I remember MCN burrying Carnells for stuff that wasn't quite as dreadfull as that and they were a massive company then, shit glad your ok bud, that could have been so bad, what a bunch of wankers.

PostPosted: 09 May 2009 21:19 
Outf**ckingrageous! start a name and shame thread!..... :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll:

PostPosted: 09 May 2009 22:30 
That beard looks familiar

Thames Valley is part of the whats left of the Magic group, which includes DG20, they dont give a flying f**k they've had your money, thats all they want. i've seen first hand many off the cockups thats happened. :twisted: :evil:

DG 21 :-)

PostPosted: 09 May 2009 23:41 

Its true, they don't give a f**k. Experienced it for myself. :nutkick:

Contact your local trading standards office and see what they have to say.

I would suggest you get them to put it right. If you get it fixed at another dealer you may struggle to get the dough you paid them to fix it back from TVHD.

Its good to Torque

PostPosted: 10 May 2009 01:01 

unbeleiveable :eat: i dont think i would want to keep that tyre either . had they adjusted the clutch or sumit strange that cover comin off :roll:

PostPosted: 10 May 2009 01:05 
Site Admin

1st service.....ie. clutch adjust and primary oil change requires that cover to be removed.....and then refitted correctly :idea:

At least they attempted to do the service properly, which is more than most dealers can be arsed with.

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 10 May 2009 01:17 
Paul, I'm glad your OK - that is the main thing.

I was due to have some warranty work done at TVHD yesterday, but they seemed to be overwhelmed with work as their head "technician" ( Darren ) had failed to turn up for work - so I cancelled it when I got there and they were grateful for one less bike to do. After reading of your experience I am grateful too !

Not sure if that's useful, but you may be able to use the lack of head technician thing as further ammunition ...

PostPosted: 10 May 2009 06:51 

Current ride: Cagiva Raptor 650
I think I would be after a new bike.
The thing is how much oil has it lost? Also how do you know if any dirt has got in there?
The gearboxes aren't the best anyway on an XB and the fact that the oil level will probably be low and dirt could have got in I woudn't be happy unless I got a new bike. If dirt has got in it might not show up just now but in a couple of years time when it's out of warranty.
The tyre and the brake pads will also be goosed.
Suggest you contact Buell directly and tell them your not happy.

PostPosted: 10 May 2009 11:08 

Yeah - what Norrie said - don't fuck around with this bunch of amateurs who have already almost got you killed - get on to Buell HQ - here AND in the states.

Good luck!

PostPosted: 10 May 2009 11:13 
:yt:

PostPosted: 10 May 2009 13:42 

At an average rate of £60-£70 per hr for these dealers, I have to self service, luckily I am an engineer.
Learn how to service it yourself, your pocket will thank you.
I think the amount they charge, and the lack of care or knowledge is absolutle fu-king outrageous!
I only had my 1st service done at my dealer for free, then I did it myself.
When I recieved it back from them after some warranty work, I was so glad I do my own.
You can also have it done by anyone who is competent. Doing this will NOT invalidate your warranty, as long as you prove with a reciept that they have used Buell approved oil, filters & plugs etc.

Just a thought, do H-rley owners have the same problems as us? After all, it's the same service job as a Sportster motor. :?

PostPosted: 10 May 2009 13:54 
At an average rate of £60-£70 per hr for these dealers

try more like £100 per hr

PostPosted: 10 May 2009 15:15 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Lands End wrote:
When I recieved it back from them after some warranty work, I was so glad I do my own.

:shut:

PostPosted: 10 May 2009 16:58 

sportster_mann wrote:
Paul, I'm glad your OK - that is the main thing.

I was due to have some warranty work done at TVHD yesterday, but they seemed to be overwhelmed with work as their head "technician" ( Darren ) had failed to turn up for work - so I cancelled it when I got there and they were grateful for one less bike to do. After reading of your experience I am grateful too !

Not sure if that's useful, but you may be able to use the lack of head technician thing as further ammunition ...

Quite possibly Darren was too ashamed to be seen in the 'workshop'. Remember, these wankers are 'Factory trained' :rofl:

I believe they were going to replace your seals with some greased string and then Sellotape the clutch cover back on - 'tis the new upgrade dontchaknow :roll:
Hopefully, the Dealer Principal will be breathing a sigh of relief that he's not facing a manslaughter charge :evil:

PostPosted: 10 May 2009 19:47 

Quote:
At an average rate of £60-£70 per hr for these dealers

try more like £100 per hr

Nobodys worth that, Fu-king insult. :headbang: