It is currently 28 Mar 2024 08:28

All times are UTC

Post subject: After market controls
PostPosted: 16 May 2016 12:57 

Has anyone ever fitted 1" controls on their buell using adaptor sleeves. Looking at some rebuffini Atlantis control sets. The master cylinder is slightly larger at 9/16 so could probably run a twin disk. But they come with push button indicators don't quite know how these compare to the standard controls. Wisdom required please.
PS I know the pic shows a hydraulic clutch but they do a cable version.

Attachments:
atlantis_intalled.jpg
atlantis_intalled.jpg [ 155.53 KiB | Viewed 501 times ]
PostPosted: 16 May 2016 21:04 

Current ride: XB12s,S1WL, Triumph
Ray. You'd have to find out if they come pre-wired or if you have to make your own up from the plug pins backward and solder the wires to the buttons. If they come pre-wired then you'd have to use the correct pins and connector plug as the buell loom. It's all do-able with a bit of care. Also look if the switch is internally or externally wired on the bars. some of the bling switches on 1'' bars use internal wiring to tidy things up...Dave

PostPosted: 16 May 2016 21:50 
Site Admin

You have far more pressing issues to spend your dosh on......not much use looking good on the back of an AA truck :idea:

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 16 May 2016 22:42 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
DaveH wrote:
Ray. You'd have to find out if they come pre-wired or if you have to make your own up from the plug pins backward and solder the wires to the buttons. If they come pre-wired then you'd have to use the correct pins and connector plug as the buell loom. It's all do-able with a bit of care. Also look if the switch is internally or externally wired on the bars. some of the bling switches on 1'' bars use internal wiring to tidy things up...Dave

Correct connectors not an issue... :maz: has them...

I've even posted about them...

PostPosted: 17 May 2016 05:50 

Maz wrote:
You have far more pressing issues to spend your dosh on......not much use looking good on the back of an AA truck :idea:

I have a good budget for you now maz to sort everything we talked about out . Original controls are shot and trying to find some more is like finding rocking horse poo. I have posted in the wanted section and I am trawling eBay.

Those controls come pre wired with spade connectors on the end of the cables. If I use the connectors off my old controls I could butt splice the cables together then heat shrink them. Hopefully. Just don't quiet get how push button indicators work compared to the standard sliding switch, or the high low beam switch. The horn and start I can't see being an issue. But the control sets only have 3 buttons a side. The other problems I have is my ignition barrel is dead I got a new one to sort that out and it seems as if the vacuum switch on the back of the carb is too as the wires are pulling out of it.

PostPosted: 18 May 2016 18:26 

If you go fitting aftermarket shite like that, I'll tell your mother to give you a damn good slap lOl Have you looked at Ducati switch gear fitted to things like the 900SS/Monster etc? I think some of it is similar, if not the same as the Buell stuff.
On the plus side, I've had a root in the barn, and found an old style gear change you can have 8-) However, the newer type is much nicer :D