It is currently 20 Apr 2024 09:40

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 711 Next
PostPosted: 18 Apr 2015 00:12 
Site Admin

Never claimed to be a business man, just an enthusiast that gets by doing a job I love :)

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2015 00:21 

Current ride: The wife
Maz wrote:
Never claimed to be a business man, just an enthusiast that gets by doing a job I love :)

There's a lot of us about ;) lOl

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2015 01:15 

Current ride: XB9R
Maz wrote:

Then I take my hat off to you Sir.

30 years ago I exchanged the "go all over the world prospecting for mineral deposits" for a "sit behind a desk" option.

I got it wrong, but your business model still stinks. I really would not care except that there is a decent, profitable, business underneath it all. I see this, many others here see this and we'd be happy to help.

Dave

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2015 08:50 

Current ride: Mojo
Dave from Scotland wrote:
I got it wrong, but your business model still stinks. I really would not care except that there is a decent, profitable, business underneath it all. I see this, many others here see this and we'd be happy to help.

Dave

Quite agree with you, and I have suggested that Maz could have a highly successful business if he opened his doors to work on other bikes, but particularly Harleys :uhoh: . But Maz has his principles and I admire him for that, but I don't think he will change - even to the detrement of his business. As he says himself, use him or loose him! And lets face it we will be buggered without him.
It will be a very sad day, when I come to log on here only to find the place has disappeared. I know its going to happen, but for me the heinous Facebook will never be an alternative.
Sad, but maybe not surprising to hear about EBR. Thought the bike was great, but it was always going to be a near impossible market to break into - Erik should have stuck with the XB :ner:

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2015 09:00 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
What am I missing? Maz's business flourishes.

Erik has gone bankrupt twice in the period Maz has been in business...

And as for EBR support, I bet you 50p that no other dealership has the amount of service items in stock FOR EBR 1190s that Maz does.

You may be frustrated in the way that he works but it suits him and others, and if we all knew about how to run businesses we would be millionaires and living lives of leisure by now.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2015 09:10 
Needs more cowbell

Current ride: None
On Facebook, Erik wrote:
Thank you for the supportive posts, texts, and e-mails since the announcement that EBR has ceased operations. This is a difficult time, and your comments mean a great deal to me personally and also to the EBR team that has done such amazing work over the past few, intense years.
No doubt, it was an incredible ride, feeling like the longest qualifying lap ever. And, then, just when we knew we were about to set an all-time record, we tossed it in the last corner…

Keeping with racing analogies, now we need to get back on the track and look ahead remembering all the things we were doing right around so many turns.

Unfortunately, in the end, we tried to do too much with too little funding, but it doesn't diminish the accomplishments. We introduced the world class American super bikes of 1190RS, 1190RX and 1190SX, while at the same time doing revolutionary work for Hero on the HX250R, Leap, SimplEcity, iON, RnT and many others, plus concepts never publicly seen. It was great EBR innovation and design, and introduced new technology to Hero and its suppliers to provide a real kick start for them. But in the end all of this simply overwhelmed us, and for that we are sorry and saddened.

I want you to know that looking ahead my focus is 100% on helping the receiver best maximize the value from EBR to benefit all, and I will make every possible effort to get the new organization to where it can support the dealers and customers first, and then help find investment to get back to full throttle.
Thank you for your support, it means a great deal. Please stay tuned - I cannot predict the future, but always believe the best is yet to come.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2015 09:22 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
Maz wrote:

That love thing include XB's :headbang: :couch:

Agree with other post about business up to a point.
Whatever you pay for items is your business, you NEED to set a percentage mark up when selling to cover storage costs, some profit to reinvest in stock, tools etc. etc

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2015 22:44 

Current ride: 2008 XB12ss, 1993 XL
Ash wrote:
On Facebook, Erik wrote:
Thank you for the supportive posts, texts, and e-mails since the announcement that EBR has ceased operations. This is a difficult time, and your comments mean a great deal to me personally and also to the EBR team that has done such amazing work over the past few, intense years.
No doubt, it was an incredible ride, feeling like the longest qualifying lap ever. And, then, just when we knew we were about to set an all-time record, we tossed it in the last corner…

Keeping with racing analogies, now we need to get back on the track and look ahead remembering all the things we were doing right around so many turns.

Unfortunately, in the end, we tried to do too much with too little funding, but it doesn't diminish the accomplishments. We introduced the world class American super bikes of 1190RS, 1190RX and 1190SX, while at the same time doing revolutionary work for Hero on the HX250R, Leap, SimplEcity, iON, RnT and many others, plus concepts never publicly seen. It was great EBR innovation and design, and introduced new technology to Hero and its suppliers to provide a real kick start for them. But in the end all of this simply overwhelmed us, and for that we are sorry and saddened.

I want you to know that looking ahead my focus is 100% on helping the receiver best maximize the value from EBR to benefit all, and I will make every possible effort to get the new organization to where it can support the dealers and customers first, and then help find investment to get back to full throttle.
Thank you for your support, it means a great deal. Please stay tuned - I cannot predict the future, but always believe the best is yet to come.

Dissapointing outcome but presumably people on this forum will have explored alternative routes for engine spares from rotax for that varient. From a selfish perspective as a happy owner of a 1125R I don't expect a shortage of routine spares yet (filters pads etc) but I expect the aftermarket to respond in the same way as it has for the early "harley" engine varients. The "classic bike" fraternity seem to survive so perhaps we should wait for developments.

With regard to the views of Maz on facebook I tend to agree with him as I never use it and think its value is overrated but I know I am in the minority, my employer responds to every negative comment on facebook and takes it personally. I take the view that people would not put similar comments in an e mail or a formal letter. .
Perhaps I am the wrong person to offer a view as I still prefer to write with a fountain pen.
I'll get my coat.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2015 10:04 
Needs more cowbell

So the FB thing .. my 2p

Its easy ... dont add your employer as a friend on there and they can't see what you do or say, it really is easy! ;) Only those you add can see what you do unless you open it up as public (why would you?) separate your business from you personally.

Maz knows my opinion of him being on FB via PM.

So many people are paranoid 'its like leaving your front door open' ... 'I dont want the world to see what I do' ... 'The gov are watching my every move so I always use TOR and private VPN's' (like your so special lOl ) blah blah ...

Here is my Facebook page ... its set to private with only a few things on my wall set as public - Which is why you can see some things. Nothing personal at all .. for the paranoid amongst you, you tell me what information you can get about me from this link .. ? - https://www.facebook.com/Ash.Bennette

Arsebook, feacebook, fuckbook and every other 'witty' alternative people can call it in an attempt to make themselves sound funny and different :roll: probably the same that call eBay fleabay, fuckbay etc ... yet still use it! ... Same witty names, oh how we laugh :roll:

Loads on here are on it every day, yet come here and join in the whining about it ... dont see any of them leaving it though ;)

Just add friends that you know, keep it private to them only. Add yourself as a person and not as a business and just be you, with your pals and enjoy their company, presence on there, keeping in touch and up to date. No such thing now a days as 'I wonder what so and so is doing' then moan ... they never come to the forum anymore .. why would they, this place is dead socially (compared to what it was like ... 100+ members on every night all interacting and having a laugh) and most don't own a Buell anymore.

Maz stated back on page one
Quote:
a perfect example of why peeps should have these discussions here instead of FB

Well no actually, you honestly expect all the old members to run back here just so YOU can debate it with them ... get of yer arse and come join us you miserable git! Just you, nout to do with your business, just you the bloke, come and join all you old pals (or hibernate and stagnate here!) Believe it or not there is a chap inside the 'Maz the Buell tech' personna that people like to enjoy the company of ... Maz the bloke, the pal the friend ... nout to do with your job that you do.

I don't join FB as an IT tech, I join as me and hang out with my pals, some I met here when I joined over 15 years ago, others I've known all my life as well as family, friends out side the Buell circle etc.. some in the Buell 'fraternity' are also classed as family as I've so many shared experiences and such deep friendships with. You have those same friends and connections/bonds Maz, your missing out and its a shame.

I'm picking on Maz, unfairly perhaps (he loves it really) but the same principle applies to a lot of you who come to Sproutfest, Adams do's, rideouts, meeting etc you all have ton of pals you see on such events that don't come here, why not keep in touch more. Some of you have years and years of shared experiences, stories, bonds etc ... why let those fade, no one can have 'to many friends'

Well over 900 members on the UKBEG Facebook page now, including Erik himself and well over 3/4 of them never come here yet all get decent advice and help from each other. Imagine all the new and fun folk you lot (who 'dont do FB') can meet, rides you can go on and social events you can partake in.

There are other private groups hidden away from others with all the old pals from here in that use to make the place the fun, hive of activity that it used to be, they are all still out there, the fun times are the same, the banter and funny stories and conversations are all happening every day. Its like this place was 7 or 8 years ago.

There you go ... simple

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2015 19:19 

Current ride: XB9SX
Never say never. It's a funny world and today Bugatti lose something like 3 or 4 £million on every Veron car they sell. Maybe some rich excentric contributor just wanted one so they build them and there are a few other wealthy people who benefit from it's existence. :shock:

Would be nice if someone could do the same for Buell.....sorry EBR! 8-)

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2015 19:25 

Current ride: XB9SX
...Nearly forgot the FB thing. I had a look on someone elses account and didn't like the look of it. Unlike a forum it feels unstructured and like a sea of nonsense. How do you find anything or stop recieving a mountain of unwanted posts....like my friends seem to. If we want to contact someone on the forum in confidence we just do a PM. Much better system, so no thanks at the moment! ;)

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2015 19:57 

Current ride: 1991 RS1200 westwind
edd wrote:
...Nearly forgot the FB thing. I had a look on someone elses account and didn't like the look of it. Unlike a forum it feels unstructured and like a sea of nonsense. How do you find anything or stop recieving a mountain of unwanted posts....like my friends seem to. If we want to contact someone on the forum in confidence we just do a PM. Much better system, so no thanks at the moment! ;)

Facebook has PM's as well Edd ;)

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2015 21:08 
Needs more cowbell

Edd, if you get something on your feed you dont want, you just select to opt out and you dont get it again ... :)

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2015 21:16 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Is FB searchable? Lots of interesting stuff but after a few days I can't find it...

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2015 21:39 
Needs more cowbell

Kind of, if something is #hashtagged it is stored, the same as twitter (twatter for the witty amongst you :roll: ) and you can search for that phrase but generally not. Unlike here that runs from a local database with an actual search function.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 711 Next