UK Buell Enthusiasts Group
http://www.ukbeg.com/forum/

Buell Mileage Reports
http://www.ukbeg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18040
Page 3 of 3

Author:  ant69 [ Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Buell Mileage Reports

Update on my report 1 year on:

Uly has just received new battery and front tyre @ 18,350 miles : appears to have been the original battery so its done 7+yrs ( replaced with a Yuasa from Amazon.es for 54 euro delivered ), the front tyre wasn't new when i had the bike at 10.5k - did make a huge difference to the handling when changed. Trip reset button has ceased working again; last time it lasted for 6 months and then started working but this time i am less hopeful.

S3 38,405 km nothing further to report bar non-starting issue which turned out to be the cable working loose at starter motor bolt.

X1 11,653 miles after being thrown at the scenery this summer has received spondon yokes and top mount, new lh fork, front wheel bearings and head bearings. Seat sub-frame now colour coded.

Author:  coco [ Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Buell Mileage Reports

I did 1600 miles to Spain and Portugal and back on coco the m2, behaved brilliantly apart from this old git hitting starter button while in gear, broken gear leavers. When back 500 miles later detention pins worked loose and lost 5 th gear. Trip for maz,s healing hands and all is right with the world once more :worthy:

Author:  edd [ Wed May 06, 2015 1:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Buell Mileage Reports

40K Update on 06 XB9SX.

A trip to the Eporium in July to have new bearing fitted behind clutch basket at 40,218 miles, also revealed some play in drive side main bearing. :? "Not as bad as some" said Maz.

Long and short of it; I stopped riding the XB at 41,067 prior to motor removal for overhaul.

Driveside swing arm bearing not rotating now as it's been in there since Maz changed them 30k ago! :oooops:

Motor now rebuilt by Maz with replacement of driveside outer bearing, new rings, valve springs and seals. 8-) May do longer write up for anyone left here to read it. lOl

Author:  kevmean [ Wed May 06, 2015 3:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Buell Mileage Reports

8-) ............ I did have to go to facebook to see the pictures of it though ;)

Author:  Pon [ Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Buell Mileage Reports

I'm on my 3rd XB9R and I'm keeping this one. The 1st one was white and the internals of the exhaust were removed - It passed the MOT though because it was original ;) It used to make children cry as I went popping and banging by at 4000rpm. I sold that because I'm a ol' git who can't be on with clipons. Then had a few Brit bikes and others in between when I realised I missed me Buell. I bought one that had been sprayed silver but that had bloody noisy pushrods so I sold that un too. Then I spotted a nice blue one that had an LSL top yoke and bar conversion about 6 years back and I still have her today - Love me Buell. I've had a Blast as well which was a fun little pootle about bike.
I aint had no bother apart from the belts but not had any problems there since I left off the bottom belt cover that holds gravel etc that can jump onto the belt and pierce it when it runs round the belt sprocket. Oh hang on my fuel pump is just starting to play up :(

Author:  driftershooter [ Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Buell Mileage Reports

These reports seem to indicate that Buell's are a tad more prone to break down than your average Jap bike then? Even Harleys seem less prone to problems now.

Author:  king01 [ Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Buell Mileage Reports

XB12R Firebolt
reg 11/08
i am second keeper since july 16
mileage 1850 (spent 6 years in storage.)
purchased from specialist dealer, originally from Eddie Wright HD
in mint standard condition other than tail tidy, mini plate and rear red LEDs as rear light is poo.

home my luck with it as a perfect runner will hold

would like grease nipple mod, belt tensioner, twin outlet alloy can, k&N.

Author:  Adam [ Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Buell Mileage Reports

king01 wrote:
XB12R Firebolt
reg 11/08
i am second keeper since july 16
mileage 1850 (spent 6 years in storage.)
purchased from specialist dealer, originally from Eddie Wright HD
in mint standard condition other than tail tidy, mini plate and rear red LEDs as rear light is poo.

home my luck with it as a perfect runner will hold

would like grease nipple mod, belt tensioner, twin outlet alloy can, k&N.


Phone Maz and he'll bring a nipple mod to Deliverance.

Author:  Maz [ Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Buell Mileage Reports

I always bring a pocket full of £10 coins to Deliverance :twisted:

Author:  coco [ Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Buell Mileage Reports

Well another year on and coco the m2 did a tad over 2000 miles across france and north spain witout any problems apart from a smashed headlight . The only worry was at high altitude and 30 odd degrees heat it sounded like a bag of crap . But when cooled was back to sounding sweet :yup:

Author:  king01 [ Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Buell Mileage Reports

Maz wrote:
I always bring a pocket full of £10 coins to Deliverance :twisted:


cheers maz, we can sit by the fire and play with your nipples while you tell me what do with them.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Author:  Jill Brown [ Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Buell Mileage Reports

king01 wrote:
Maz wrote:
I always bring a pocket full of £10 coins to Deliverance :twisted:


cheers maz, we can sit by the fire and play with your nipples while you tell me what do with them.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:


:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :yup:

Author:  edd [ Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Buell Mileage Reports

driftershooter wrote:
These reports seem to indicate that Buell's are a tad more prone to break down than your average Jap bike then? Even Harleys seem less prone to problems now.



I don't think that my Buell has ever actually broke down in it's 42,647 miles (hiccup'd once or twice lOl )
Drive belt let go because I went WAY past recommended mileage. Motor stripped to replace worn main bearing, as a precaution, not because it stopped working! ;)

Author:  Algarve Nick [ Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Buell Mileage Reports

ant69 wrote:
Update on my report 1 year on:

Uly has just received new battery and front tyre @ 18,350 miles : appears to have been the original battery so its done 7+yrs ( replaced with a Yuasa from Amazon.es for 54 euro delivered ), the front tyre wasn't new when i had the bike at 10.5k - did make a huge difference to the handling when changed. Trip reset button has ceased working again; last time it lasted for 6 months and then started working but this time i am less hopeful.

S3 38,405 km nothing further to report bar non-starting issue which turned out to be the cable working loose at starter motor bolt.

X1 11,653 miles after being thrown at the scenery this summer has received spondon yokes and top mount, new lh fork, front wheel bearings and head bearings. Seat sub-frame now colour coded.


Has the Yusa battery you got for the Uly lasted okay?

Author:  ant69 [ Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Buell Mileage Reports

Cant say : i sold the uly 2 years later.

Page 3 of 3 All times are UTC+01:00
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
https://www.phpbb.com/