It is currently 19 Apr 2024 02:44

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 522 Next
PostPosted: 17 Oct 2012 14:18 

Current ride: 1991 RS1200 westwind
I hope you don't mind Topgumm but I posted the link across on Badweb ............ the more people interested the sooner this could happen for you guys and possibly keeping the cost down as well ;)

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2012 15:42 

Current ride: X1 Lightning 2001/02
Ha Ha taken on my initial investigative work and discussions with Holtworks Col :ner:
I shall be dropping a manta tank down to Tony this weekend, to allow a form to be made.
I am in for two tanks, so numbers are getting up in the right zone to make it cost effective for Tony to invest into tooling for the Tanks.
If anyone local to me has a small tank they can drop by me in Heathrow before weekend, then we will have a pair for Tony to work with.
PM if you have one and can drop by my place.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2012 16:13 

Current ride: S1`s
whitey wrote:
Ha Ha taken on my initial investigative work and discussions with Holtworks Col :ner:

Not at all Whitey ,don`t give a shit, asked them ages ago but got no reply. It takes more than one enquiry to fire some things up. :yup:

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2012 16:25 

Sod it I`ll make my own. lOl

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2012 19:59 

Current ride: X1 Lightning 2001/02
TOPGUMM wrote:
whitey wrote:

Not at all Whitey ,don`t give a shit, asked them ages ago but got no reply. It takes more than one enquiry to fire some things up. :yup:

course you give shytt else you wouldn't have posted the thread lOl , just playing with you ;)
as per my pm will be down there either friday or saturday, so I can get things started, seeing as I lost a year to Tank Shop, and keen to get my S1 repainted as it now looks like a teenagers face. Regards :yup:

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2012 15:06 

These people are into tanks too http://www.dabfabtanks.com/ Penrhos , Aberdovey, lovely part of the world.http://www.dabfabtanks.com/index.php/location/

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2012 14:36 

Current ride: Pushbike!
[quote="TOPGUMM"]These people are into tanks too http://www.dabfabtanks.com/ Penrhos , Aberdovey, lovely part of the world.http://www.dabfabtanks.com/index.php/location/[/quote]

You're kidding right ?
That Norton tank looks absolutely shocking !
What's with all the pigeon shit welding ? It's not even fair or reasonably polished.
Sorry Mate, but it's awfull !

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2012 14:54 
Needs more cowbell

Current ride: None
Albert, look away!

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2012 17:24 

Dab weld tanks.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2012 12:11 

Current ride: Buell
Hi
I am Michelle from Holtworks, thank you to those of you who have contacted us interested in Aluminium Fuel Tanks and I will be contacting each of you shortly.
We have been kindly lent the Manta tank now and Tony has been looking at the best way to replicate it and put the fixings on it. I'm afraid seeing the tank in the flesh it is far bigger than it looked in the pictures and more complicated than we initially thought. The price for this tank will be £820 plus cap and £40 if polishing required. We still have not seen the smaller tank but hope to keep that around the price of £650 that was originally mentioned. I apologise if you are disappointed but it is really difficult to give a quote from a picture without actually seeing the tank.

Obviously we will only go ahead with the project if we get enough interest and we will also ask for deposits of £400 per tank.

Please contact us at tony@holtworks.co.uk if you are still interested in this tank.

As a new member I have posted a little about ourselves in the new members section and please see our website for close up pictures of our work and to see our feedback. Tony's back ground is in the aircraft industry and is a coded welder so these tanks will look good as well as solving the problems you are having with the fuel.

Please feel free to get in touch should you have any questions.
Regards
Michelle
http://www.holtworks.co.uk

Attachments:
buell s1 lightening 3.jpg
buell s1 lightening 3.jpg [ 56.92 KiB | Viewed 1400 times ]
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2012 19:38 

Paint has decided to erupt on my S1WL , no fuel in it too . :headbang: Michelle I have sent a small tank to you , should arrive Wednesday.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2012 01:32 

Current ride: XB9R
Hi all,

Can anyone update me on the number of small tanks 'provisionally signed up for' so far?

Funds are a bit tight at the moment (I'm sure that's true for many of us) but I might be interested: particularly if it tipped the balance between getting this off the ground or not.

Dave

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2012 10:11 

Current ride: Buell
Hi We do not have a list of people interested in the smaller tank but we have been kindly sent one which we are waiting to receive. We will post the price on this site to see if we get interest.
If anyone would like to register their interest on either tank please email buell@holtworks.co.uk.
Thanks
Michelle

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2012 10:32 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Just as a Holtworks heads up, these plastic tanks are known to shrink with no fuel in them. Would be a shame to copy the dimensions of a shrunk one and find the fit was compromised.

I am hoping Daywalker, who has a shrunk tank, will post a link to his digging.

In addition, copying the rear mount is half the story. Initially these tanks came with a rubber mount, however when someone in the states fell off and their tank fell off and blew up and stuff (probably never on correctly in the first place), Buell recalled all the bikes and fitted metal plates with teeth on them to dig in to the plastic. The rubber mounts are as scarse as a very scarse thing. I dont think the toothed plates will bode well with an ally tank.

I am sure Holtworks will have solutions which can be applied easily.

Anyway, good luck with the project. I am looking forward to piccies.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2012 10:37 

Current ride: Pushbike!
I'd love one on my X1 !
I have a fetish for alluminium and rivets !
It would be a garage match to the car I'm building.

Attachments:
Union Jack. 013.jpg
Union Jack. 013.jpg [ 1.46 MiB | Viewed 1256 times ]
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 522 Next