It is currently 19 Apr 2024 17:27

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2011 10:09 
to be able to get my 2007 model Uly thru the spanish ITV ( MOT ) test i am going to need a standard can:

firstly : what will fit ? ( any pre-2008, XB can, or, does it have to be from a 12 ? )

secondly : does anyone have one left lurking in the back of the shed, or have they all gone to the great rust bowl in the sky ?

( and, of course i will need some euro-lights if anyone has a spare set, or, knows where i can lay my hands on one )

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2011 10:49 
if no-one has anything more suitable i can always stick this POS on :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Buell-Ulysses ... 336e515040

at least the incentive to remove it again will be strong !

i see someone is even flogging brand new ones atm :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Genuine-B ... _500wt_974

sufficiently cheap that i almost wonder if its worth having one anyway ? what do you think ?

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2011 14:00 
Hi Ant, I have a standard can doing nowt but I'm in Manchester. It's of a 2003 xb9s so don't know if it will fit?

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2011 14:18 
cheers danny,

i am sure someone will be along to advise if it will fit mine ( i'm sure it ought to, but i have heard mixed messages ).

what kind of nick is it in ? pm me with how much you would like for it.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2011 17:39 
I will do I'll take pics for you tomorrow, it ain't bad anyways it was only on for 1500mls or so.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2011 18:56 
Resident Bender

Current ride: EBR 1190RX
i have a pre 08 xb12s one in the shed too
doesn't the uly can have the longer tail pipe so the gases don't blow straight at the sidestand?

Ebr 1190rx
Bimota Db7
Norton v4rr??

http://www.aph-performance-engineering.com

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2011 09:59 
search me alan, ive never studied a standard one. :P

i noticed the new can i linked above does indeed have a long outlet, but that doesnt claim to be for any model in particular, and conversely the dented uly one doesnt have a long outlet.

to be honest, i dont care about the outlet as long as the thing will fit on and conform to their noise expectations - it wont be fitted longer than a trip to and from the IVT station.

Am i right in thinking that any pre-08 XB can will fit, be it for a 9 or a 12; but the one for the 9 will have a redundant valve thingy in it that i can just ignore ?

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2011 11:37 

ant69 wrote:
... what do you think ?
Well you'll probably need one each time you decide to visit the ITV. What do the Spanish Buell forum lads say?. Nobody down Malaga way with a standard can?

btw - my test station tells me they now are being pressured to photo bikes at ITV time (they photo the plate anyhow)- this photo will be available to police/GC via the DGT so they know it the pipe is the one that passed the ITV. The S3 passed this year with a V&H on - just ;) (it's nice to have mates in the right places)

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2011 09:19 
i can handle fitting it once every 2 years.

the beauty of alans pipework is that although it has a bit of volume if one canes it, it is not at all an offensive noise and under normal use wont cause them to go running for their noisemeters, i'll bet its 5db quieter than your v&H.

( i did blank out half the noise absorbtion to give it a bit more rumble though, so it could be quieter still )

only 1 guy popped up down here, but he is in barcelona which is almost as far away as brighton ( at least my attempts at spanish manage to amuse them ): by the way chris: if i am looking for breakers here, what is the best search term to use ?

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2011 10:12 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
ant69 wrote:
..by the way chris: if i am looking for breakers here, what is the best search term to use ?

Desguace de motocicletas ;)

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2011 12:00 

pash wrote:
ant69 wrote:
..by the way chris: if i am looking for breakers here, what is the best search term to use ?

Desguace de motocicletas ;)
Yup - and look!

http://www.motodesguacemalaga.com/

But finding Buell bits in a breakers is going to be a challenge here.

My V&H escapes because the tubers were not imported and I managed to get it through the importation inspection with it on. The XB's almost certainly NEED an €-marked exhaust to pass. It's why I've never let my OEM €-marked pipe (albeit gutted by Tubbs) go. The ITV is allowed to let pass about 5dB above the homolgated noise level. Last year the V&H was 6dB over.

I wonder if Tony (chispitas) has an original pipe you could borrow.