It is currently 19 Apr 2024 11:55

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009 21:03 

Jeff.Ov.Duky wrote:
im well hissed off im getting to hate going out on it now and only had it 5 days

Ooo... that ain't good! :(

IMO, feck off the computer and go spend the next three hours in your local supermarket car park (assuming they have closed, of course). Go on your own, stick it in first gear and leave the revs close to tickover, then stay there playing games with the parking bays, slalom, u turn, figures of 8, do the lot at under 10mph. You should learn a lot about the bike and your confidence should increase.

People spend too long practicing at high speed, then bin it when they park up.

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009 21:15 

Robin wrote:
Is that a full size Uly with a low seat or an XT?

Thats a fair point Robin, there is a lot more travel on an X than an XT, I have an XT Jeff and I'm not far from you if you want to throw a leg over it, your not riding it if you keep falling off though :o

seriously it's possible they are a couple of inches lower.

Andy

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009 21:22 
The Nagged Hubby

Jeff.Ov.Duky wrote:
yes its the tall uly with low seat,
im well hissed off im getting to hate going out on it now and only had it 5 days

na, I'm short of leg and when I would get on a tall bike I would just shift my arse to the side that I'm putting a leg down as I pull up. Your arse ain't glued on the seat friend. Do as norm says.

N.

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009 21:26 
i can do that with jeans on but when got textile trousers on bit more difficult
hi norm thanks for the advice
however ive been out as much as i can even 2hrs tonight doing just that on open space the problem is the stopping i cannot get a good footing have made a total hash of my left boot at the front i just need my feet to plant on the floor better
im gutted i love the bike so does my wife she loves the seat better than the lightnings for 2 up i dont want any other make bike tried the kwak er6n was shite

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009 21:50 

Jeff.Ov.Duky wrote:
hi andy thanks for the offer but i would need to find another 2k really to afford getting one ive sat on the xt and yes was much better i think i was kidding myself i could get away with it on my x but im worried about my safety its fine riding its every time i come to stop even tonight i was out and came to a halt and a bad camber in road tippy toes job
making a right mess of my sidi boots,
im going to have to save for the xt
thanks andy......

Point I'm making is the only difference (really and to you) between the x and the xt is the forks and the shock, answer, buy a shock and drop your forks in the yokes, I wanted to keep this on the forum because someone may advise if this will work for you.

Andy

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009 21:56 
thanks andy