It is currently 24 Apr 2024 07:22

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Shit one
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2009 20:12 

Hi All

This morning when I got on my Uly I noticed that I had picked up a screw in my back tyre (Properly on site). I then phoned Chingford Harley Davidson to see if they can plug the hole as my bike has only got 2000miles on the clock but they said I can’t plug a Pirelli scorpion tyre and I have to replace it. Is that true or are Harley trying to milk me for unnecessary cash. The screw is right in the middle of the tyre....... Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm supposed to leave to Scotland next Saturday on the Ulysses for a week long road trip....

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Shit one
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2009 20:20 

Current ride: m2/xbr/xbx
lot of tyre manufacturersdo not recomend tyre repairs
you can plug it with a kit or use a sealing compound but check tyre frequentlyand keep speed down

FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF DARK

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2009 20:59 
hi i'm dreading the same happening to me as well.
i was in bike gear yesterday and a chap bought some puncture safe liquid.
its for use for high speed bike tyres apparently, i was going to get some while i was there but im not sure if it's ok to use or not, perhaps anyone out there could help us both out with the answer, it would sure save money on purchasing a new tyre.
ant comments ???? :?: :?: :?:

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2009 21:37 
Site Admin

Find another tyre fitter if you put that shit in :x

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2009 21:52 
The Nagged Hubby

It's a sorta damed if you do and damed if you don't thing.
If you squirt the shite stuff in the tyre and it works you get some more use from the tyre but then you'll have to pay a labour charge for cleaning the rim come the next change.
You could by a plug kit and do it yourself but it may not work, it has for me but sometimes it won't. Depends alot on how clean the hole is etc.
I found a puncture in my rear tyre last week end, very slow so I'm leaving it alone.
If your having to ask about fixing it then I reason you need a new tyre with just about to set off touring.

Nate.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009 01:00 

Chingford are a bunch of TOASTERS!! Just like the whole Stratstone Group. They took over my old Jag dealership and up went the prices and down the customer service.
Chingford has absolutely no clue about Buells they cant even get the Harleys right as they fucked up my mates Vrod!

There is a guy in London called 'The Cavalry' its a mobile puncture repair (07974 260311). He is brilliant comes with a little 'workshop' on his bike and repairs it on site! Definitely good to have his number in your wallet. Last time it cost around 30 quid but that was a year ago. He also knows about the Buell and how not to treat the belt!!

If you need a new tyre go to the 'Essential Rubber' 27-29, Downham Rd, London, N1 5AA (020 7241 0055) good prices and they also know about Buell and wont fuck up your Belt or else.

Hope this helps!

Schwarzi

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009 09:23 
Milf Hunter

Current ride: '98 S1
stilltripping69 wrote:
Hi All

This morning when I got on my Uly I noticed that I had picked up a screw in my back tyre (Properly on site). I then phoned Chingford Harley Davidson to see if they can plug the hole as my bike has only got 2000miles on the clock but they said I can’t plug a Pirelli scorpion tyre and I have to replace it. Is that true or are Harley trying to milk me for unnecessary cash. The screw is right in the middle of the tyre....... Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm supposed to leave to Scotland next Saturday on the Ulysses for a week long road trip....

Thanks

My advice woud be to replace the tyre. You've already got 2000 miles on it and you are just about to add another 1000. Why risk it, it may spoil your trip.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009 10:49 
I'd plug it myself and ride it. It's your choice.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009 11:43 

Current ride: push
Maz wrote:
Find another tyre fitter if you put that shit in :x

:hehe:

fuggin 'orrible stuff aint it.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009 13:46 
Quote:
Chingford are a bunch of TOASTERS!! Just like the whole Stratstone Group. They took over my old Jag dealership and up went the prices and down the customer service.
Chingford has absolutely no clue about Buells they cant even get the Harleys right as they fucked up my mates Vrod!

:yt: Dont I know it :roll:

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009 16:44 
We take our own cavalry - he's called Kev. 8-)

Great for getting you home - but change the tyre as soon as you do.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009 19:39 

Current ride: 1991 RS1200 westwind
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: