It is currently 29 Mar 2024 07:25

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject: Re: Definition
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2018 09:13 

Current ride: XB12Scg well tweaked
" I don'y road race myself "
Have any of you been out for a breakfast ride and followed him :?:
:twisted: in person or what :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2018 12:23 

Current ride: 06 Ully
Two points I would like to make. I am six foot three inches tall and eighteen stone ready to ride in bike kit. The Ully is a perfect size for me. As much as I would love a 2001 Lightening The one I have sat on makes my arse look big and the bike too small for my frame. Second point I got my Ully through the MOT on Tuesday It was hilarious watching the examiner as he threw his leg over the saddle and both his feet were six inches off the ground. In all fairness he did manage to keep the bike upright and sucessfully completed the rolling brake test.
Engine parts for the Harley engines will continue for some time the XB engine, well Im not so sure about. Harley did withdraw from their promise of parts availability for ten years so it is possible that when the new Sportster engine arrives the old ones will get the same treatment.

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2018 13:26 

Current ride: xb12scg
Tadpole wrote:
" I don'y road race myself "
Have any of you been out for a breakfast ride and followed him :?:
:twisted: in person or what :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Just think what I'd be like if I had a real buell :rotfl: :rotfl:

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2018 13:36 

Current ride: 97 M2, 09 XT
Lots of valid points, I am 6 foot 2 and agree with your comments regarding the Ully, I bought an M2 because the S1WL I was test riding failed the shop window test.
Disagree with the concern that HD may one day no longer support the sportster lump, it doesn't matter if they do or not, there are more than enough upgrade/ tuning parts available to build entire engines. The sportster lump will go on with or without HD

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2018 16:30 

Current ride: 1125r XB12X
Graeme1203 wrote:
Lots of valid points, I am 6 foot 2 and agree with your comments regarding the Ully, I bought an M2 because the S1WL I was test riding failed the shop window test.
Disagree with the concern that HD may one day no longer support the sportster lump, it doesn't matter if they do or not, there are more than enough upgrade/ tuning parts available to build entire engines. The sportster lump will go on with or without HD

Heh heh heh shop window test! :rotfl:

Yeah I think I would fail that test miserably on a tube frame Buell... Thinking clown on a kids bike kinda thing. (A nice looking kids bike mind)

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2018 17:29 

Current ride: XB12Scg well tweaked
I heard that you get as many points for that as being on your mobile while your driving. :rotfl:

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2018 18:51 

Current ride: 1999 X1
D+S wrote:
Second point I got my Uly through the MOT on Tuesday It was hilarious watching the examiner as he threw his leg over the saddle and both his feet were six inches off the ground. In all fairness he did manage to keep the bike upright and successfully completed the rolling brake test.

You have to let someone else do the test for you? You can't demonstrate it in their presence? I'd be pissed off if some twat wrecked my bike because it was strange and unfamiliar, which is what most Buells are to others.

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2018 19:03 
Nanny Brown

Maz wrote:
You all know what I do for a living and nearly 20 years in, I have bought myself a collection of Buells because I know and love them......there isn't an XB in that collection.....go figure :)

But you do own a Blast :yup:

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2018 20:49 

Current ride: 1125 CR, XT500, 750S
Location: Tiddly village near the throbbing metropolis of Rugby
Jill Brown wrote:
I love my XB but have never ridden a tuber (I am vertically challenged and tubers are tall), so cannot compare them. I also ride a Blast (500 single, to those that don't know) and love that too, for a different reason. We all ride different bikes for different reasons but that doesn't make those bikes we don't ride worse or not any good to those we enjoy. I think I know what I mean... lOl :yup:

I think the nail has been hit squarely on the head here.......we all ride different bikes for different reason; hence most motorcylists own more than one bike. Some entirely different as above ( I have a 500 single from the 70s as well as the ultimate Buell :-) ) and there are plenty of other bikes I would permanently add to that if permitted.....
Healthy debate and opinion is all good but I always consider the first rule of bike club when a gatheing of riders occurs. Personally I have never owned a bike like a Buell and I love it. If it inspires me to try to own different versions, then that's a good thing.
* first rule.....don't knock another's choice of ride. Out loud anyway. :-)

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2018 09:05 

Current ride: XB9SX
HD may have owned 98 %, but l thought that my XB was actually put together as a whole machine at Buell Drive, East Troy, Wisconsin? :?

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2018 09:45 

Current ride: ULYSSES XB12X
Well,
A Buell or not a Buell I am happy with my XB for now, mod's done she runs and looks good.

Churchill

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2018 11:41 
Site Admin

edd wrote:
HD may have owned 98 %, but l thought that my XB was actually put together as a whole machine at Buell Drive, East Troy, Wisconsin? :?

That facility and all who worked there, including Erik, was owned by H-D.

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2018 22:25 

Current ride: XB12s,S1WL, Triumph
Maz wrote:
You all know what I do for a living and nearly 20 years in, I have bought myself a collection of Buells because I know and love them......there isn't an XB in that collection.....go figure :)

But there is an 1125 cr which is an essentially a water cooled! V twin stuck in a xb beam frame .is it a buell.or is it a rotax Powdered Harley Davidson ?

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2018 23:02 

Current ride: XB9SX
Maz wrote:
edd wrote:

That facility and all who worked there, including Erik, was owned by H-D.

Maybe so, but I rode one liked it and bought it! ;) Ok so I'll regret it in time and wish I'd bought a tuber back then (maybe one day I will), but I've had 10 years of joy so far. 8-)

Tell me again when the rear pot eventually collapses or I can't get a part I need for it! :|

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2018 23:30 
Site Admin

DaveH wrote:
Maz wrote:

But there is an 1125 cr which is an essentially a water cooled! V twin stuck in a xb beam frame .is it a buell.or is it a rotax Powdered Harley Davidson ?

It's a Rotax powered Harley with Buell badges.....designed by Erik and his team but entirely financed and owned by H-D.

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next