It is currently 25 Apr 2024 19:49

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: 24 Oct 2017 08:13 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
Adam wrote:
Ah, I misunderstood. I thought the Still was for medicinal purposes lOl

edit that for you :D

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2017 22:18 

Current ride: XB9SX
And right on que, a friend of mine near here has just been asked to pay an extra 35% rent for their nice little home (only as nice because they decorated it :roll: ). The agent pressing the owner to maximise their profits is usually the case. :sad1:

Local businesses want good workers for peanuts and for them to live in a shanty town in someone else's county, and to consume what's left of their wages commuting from 35 miles away! :?

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2017 22:46 

Current ride: 1125r XB12X
edd wrote:
And right on que, a friend of mine near here has just been asked to pay an extra 35% rent for their nice little home (only as nice because they decorated it :roll: ). The agent pressing the owner to maximise their profits is usually the case. :sad1:

Local businesses want good workers for peanuts and for them to live in a shanty town in someone else's county, and to consume what's left of their wages commuting from 35 miles away! :?

35% is shocking Ed, is that even legal?

We were handed a 25% rise last year which bloody stings...another raise will see us leaving our area, which would hurt even more!

Agents are shits I know, its a prerequisite. Sadly for us its a hungry landlord with over a dozen £1mil properties, give or take. Worst part is he bought our place nearly 50 years ago so the raise is not for mortgage payments :(

We've been model tenants, doing our own maintenance and painting bits and bobs for over 7 years... even did a bit of tree work at his own place for him when he had a heart attack and his wife didn't want him on the ladder.

Karma has not been good to the family but this doesn't make me any happier :|

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2017 00:43 

Current ride: S1`s
Government has cut back on landlords allowances for tax deduction on properties so only way for them to stop the bailiffs against them is to raise rent.
A lot of small landlords are running out of profit for the effort it takes to provide up to date legal properties.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2017 01:11 

TOPGUMM wrote:
Government has cut back on landlords allowances for tax deduction on properties so only way for them to stop the bailiffs against them is to raise rent.
A lot of small landlords are running out of profit for the effort it takes to provide up to date legal properties.

I have no doubt some landlords are needing to raise rent lately...but 35% in one year! That's breadline material (25% nearly is for me)

My brother just sold 2 of his rentals. Said it was easier to do that than raise the rent and having the tenant either leave or pack a grumpy and destroy the place, and then leave. He had been topping up the mortgages.

Tough game being a landlord, have watched family members shed blood and tears over the decades...But now the older family members are starting to see the fruits of this in their very comfortable retirement.

The government no doubt see changes to landlord taxing as a way of directing some of the cash from the tenants rent back into the pool for the inevitable cost of housing the houseless pensioner in the upcoming years. #perfectstorm...

You'd be a good landlord Colin :) If my rent goes up anymore I think I'll be looking down around your way ;) ;)

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2017 10:24 

Current ride: S1`s
Kiwi wrote:
You'd be a good landlord Colin :) If my rent goes up anymore I think I'll be looking down around your way ;) ;)

Bring your wellies and rain mac.
£545 a month for a detatched 2 bed bungalow with garage and parking, would have to poison the occupants first though.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2017 10:44 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Any news on Gripperod’s and Adam’s shocks?

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2017 18:18 

TOPGUMM wrote:
Kiwi wrote:

Bring your wellies and rain mac.
£545 a month for a detatched 2 bed bungalow with garage and parking, would have to poison the occupants first though.

That's insane! Paying nearly triple that for a 1 bed :shock:

I'd just need a job and boom! :)

With rent like that you'd only need minimum wage!

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2017 20:38 

Current ride: into the sunset
pash wrote:
Any news on Gripperod’s and Adam’s shocks?

So Adam and I have been bombarding him with emails, texts and phone messages for the past two weeks to no avail. So last week I pinged an email saying I would be calling at his home address on Thursday evening to collect mine and Adams shock and to please leave them outside if he wasn’t going to be about. I called at his house but nobody was in, and no shocks about, so I bought myself a bag of chips and settled down for a long wait.

At 18:45 he finally called Adam and then me. It was quite amusing because I was able to tell him I was sat outside his house waiting for him to get home..... Anyway long story short he has been working somewhere where he wasn’t allowed iPad/phone etc and so had missed all our attempts at contacting him.

Based on those two calls he made, Adams shock was finished and he promised to Fedex it to him Friday morning. Mine was supposed to be finished today and fedexed to me on Monday.

We have tried to be really patient with him, if his business has just gone bust his life must be upside down, but there is not much excuse for promising to ring people and then not doing so the jury is out. We should know by Tuesday or Wednesday if he is as good as his word.

Fingers crossed.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2017 20:50 

Nice one. I like how you got the supplies in and waited at his house!

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2017 07:39 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
:yt: time will tell , fingers crossed .

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2017 09:25 

Current ride: 97 M2, 09 XT
Good luck

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2017 20:21 

Current ride: XB9SX
Excuse this bout of levity, but that used to be one of the best chippies in town. Then for some strange reason l haven't been back to that particular establishment for nigh on 20 years. How were the chips gripperod? lOl

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2017 10:56 

During the call he made to me on Thurs, he claimed he'd been working at some super secret Audi facility and had to hand over mobiles etc (in the evening? :roll: ) so couldn't return messages! He then told me my shock was done and he'd send it on Friday and send me the tracking details over the weekend. Guess what? :roll:
I've just sent another Email :evil:

Anyone got any 'Daisy Duke' hot pants in a 32" waist? lOl

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2017 16:39 

Current ride: into the sunset
edd wrote:
Excuse this bout of levity, but that used to be one of the best chippies in town. Then for some strange reason l haven't been back to that particular establishment for nigh on 20 years. How were the chips gripperod? lOl

I have to say that the chips were excellent and the portion was plentiful!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next