It is currently 19 Apr 2024 07:34

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2009 19:58 

Current ride: Cagiva Raptor 650
Well got home about an hour and a half ago and had a really good day.
I rained all the way from Edinburgh to Tyndrum and rained for the first part of the rideout until we got to Oban when the sky cleared and the sun came out.
It was really good to see Chris, Jane and Rawni again and good to meet a couple of new faces Skip the dog and Stumpy. :D
Yes I got a bit wet on the way up but was nearly dry by the time I got home. :D

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2009 07:22 

I got home around 8pm......

Really wish I'd gone the 'scenic route' home, But given the nasty black clouds over the mountains on my way up the coast,I may just have drowned if I'd gone that way.

After a really wet start to the day, it was beautiful in the afternoon. Still feeling guilty for not warning the 'newbies' about CJ's penchant for finding 'interesting roads'.
It was single track, and would have been good practice for offroading...potholes, gravel etc......

The noobs looked a bit shellshocked when we finally hit a 'real' road and stopped for a break :D :D

Had a fantastic weekend, thanks to CJ and Jane organising yet another meet. And for keeping me company Sat night, hope Jane's not itching too much. I think every midge in Scotland found us......

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2009 08:52 

Only just spotted this :?

I was at the welly on Sat and the weather was glorious - sorry you got rained on :(

"is it meant to do that ?"

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2009 18:40 
Got home about 6 last night. Thanks for a great day.
Pete

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2009 22:11 

Current ride: 2 Buells + 3 Guzzis
705 miles and two very dirty bikes later, we arrived back home at 5.30 pm today after a brilliant long weekend in Scotland.

Saturday was just perfect with excellent weather. We certainly made the most of it knowing what the forecast was like for Sunday. After riding 160 miles from near Aberdeen, Rawni arrived at the Dalkell Guest House early Saturday evening and then all three of us went to Paddy's Bar in Tyndrum for a meal and a few drinks. My wallet took a bit of a battering but I've recovered now.

We owe a huge thank you to Peter, Chris and Norrie for turning out on a very wet Sunday morning :worthy:.. It was so miserable we didn't think anyone would arrive. There were 4 Buells and 2 Moto Guzzi's in our group - amazing given the conditions.

After squeezing out wet gloves we set off for Oban on the A85 hoping it would be better on the west coast. Even though it was soaking wet it was a good ride. Luckily the local forecast was spot on and Oban was bright and sunny. From then on the rest of the day was just about dry with only a few light showers. From Oban we headed south on the A816. This twisty traffic free road follows the coastline and has great views of the Firth of Lorn and mountains. We stopped for lunch in the picturesque village of Kilmelford - warm sunshine and good company, the day was turning out far better than I'd expected. After lunch we continued down the A816 and then turned left onto the B840 - a 24 mile single track road with passing places which runs up the eastern side of Loch Awe, back up to A819/A85. The scenery was stunning but I have to admit that it was a bit 'challenging' :oooops: in places with sections of gravel and grass in the middle of the road.

We arrived back at Tyndrum at 4.00 pm. Despite the soggy start everyone seemed to have enjoyed the day. I don't know whether it's luck or what but almost all of our ideas seem to turn out right in the end.

It was too late for us to travel back home so last night we headed for Killin and found a great biker friendly guest house.

Roz woz ere :4roz:...the scene of the Triumphs demise :( on the Buell Challenge in May...

A68 - traffic free early on Saturday morning....

About to enter Gods Country...

Killin and the Falls of Dochart...

Jane and Rawni - on a very wet Sunday morning...

Oban - left to right, Peter (Stumpy) Rawni, Norrie, Jane and Chris (Skip)

Rawni's Shawn was looking decidedly soggy...

Oban...

Sunday lunch stop on the A816...

The Green Welly Stop...

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2009 22:24 

Current ride: Cagiva Raptor 650
Glad you got home safe Chris and Jane and thanks for another good day. :clap:

I really enjoyed myself even though it was a wet start.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2009 22:30 

Current ride: 2 Buells + 3 Guzzis
Thanks, Norrie - not everything we do involves you getting soaked, it just seems like it :oooops:...

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk