It is currently 18 Apr 2024 20:42

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2009 21:23 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
GB, steely and I went to hang out our friends from http://www.buellforum.nl/ and participate in a track day at Croix de Ternois in France.

We set off early Thursday morning to get a lunchtime Eurotunnel train, then rode the 100km or so to Béthune, where we were staying.

A couple of guys were already there, so we got to work on the beers whilst waiting for the others. We followed that by dinner at the hotel, then off to the Irish Bar over the road, but not before a certain larger than life Dutch fellow had made a pass at a number of young ladies from the comfort of the outside dining area.

Beer flowed, and flowed and flowed.....

We got up nice and early next morning to sign on at the track at 7.30am and were split into three groups. Photos of the day can be found here - http://www.wegraceinfo.nl/?pagina=fotoalbum - but I'll sort some good ones out later on...

We had no crashes, I failed to get my knee down, GB did, Ronnie got his hand down (so did GB), many were surprised by steely's H*rley Sportster, embarrassing many a rider ( :oooops: ). The support from the Dutch guys was second to none ( :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: ), and we (Buell riders) survived the day unscathed (apart from one poor chap who had a heart attack and had to be airlifted to hospital - get well soon chap!).

Back to Béthune for more beer, dinner then more beer. Then, to be woken in the morning by Ronnie doing tricks in the main square...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM0vTlxR5EU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDFDBY5i1bU

Bit of a shite write up, but then again, what do you expect from someone who was prevented from doing English Lit at school... :lol:

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2009 11:21 

:yup: Top weekend, (as usual from our Dutch cousins 8-) :yup: :worthy: ) watching Ronnie come past me down the back straight braking so hard the rear wheel is a foot in the air as he goes into the kitty litter will stay with me forever :rofl: brakes were a major issue for most, thank you Bud and Dris for bringing me the race pads, next time can you bring a twin disc ISR set up then Steof can`t outbrake me with his twin PFM`s :oooops: Steely`s harley past more than his fair share of Buells, watching him dice with a TL1000 was hilarious , every time he past another bike a cheer went up from the pit wall, followed by fits of laughter then a piss taking at the poor chap who got "Harleyed" :rofl:
Pash you rode real well, I`ve always said you don`t need to get your knee down to go fast ;)
Ronnie,my AST shock was superb on track, only being to "hard" when back on Englands shit roads,no problems on French roads at all :roll:
This weekend was probably one of the best, if not the best Buell weekends I`ve ever had :worthy: thank you Stoef, Nico, Jack, Linda, Patrick, Dris, Bud, John, Eric, Auther and of course Ronnie my friend, all the other Dutch guys who made this such a great weekend.
Pash you were the star of the party/parties :rofl: and will be invited to all the events we go to from now on ;)
A thank you must go out to John at Blackbear, on returning home me and Steely decided that we would stop at Blackbear and pick up a oil filter and have a well earned coffee, on pulling off the A11 the X1 started to misfire after being nigh on faultless for over 500miles of constant thrashing, John connected his scanalizer thingy and pulled up a short to earth fault on the TPS, a wire where a power commander was previously connected had broken thru, so a quick strip,clean and reconnect and it was all systems go again :yup:
Till next year, counting the days already :app:

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2009 13:16 

Hello Boys,

We also had a great weekend. Without you three we wouldn't have had so much laughter :worthy:
f^&kf$%kf^&k

Can't wait till next year!

Link to the dutch topic

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2009 13:50 

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2009 14:05 

Cool photos 5T03F,there are some good ones of Myles somewhere.

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2009 14:50 
proff. patpending

I had an ace time. Thanks to everyone that made it happen... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks to everyone for putting up with me too... :lol:

Next year we need more UKBEGgers there, and more EuroBEGgers too... :D

Just uploading all my photos to photobucket, it may take some time... ;)

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2009 16:19 

Current ride: XL1250S + MT-09
I must have misheard when I was invited to go to this - I thought it was a Tractor Day - so imagine my surprise when they slapped a number on my bike and pushed me out onto the track. :lol:

This was absolutely, definitely the best weekend I've had in ages. Many thanks to the Dutch crew - a great bunch of lads and lasses. The track time was awesome - I enjoyed every minute of it. Hopefully, I provided as much entertainment for those watching as I did embarrassment :o :oooops: :shock: for those who got Harleyed. :lol: :lol:

Thanks especially to Jack, who gave up his place, to Stoef for organising the hotel, to Arthur for putting up with the snoring, to Speedy for the cool DBF points covers, to Walter for the splash of fuel to get me through the last session, and to Ronnie for being Ronnie. :yup: :worthy: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I can't wait for next year...

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2009 17:07 

steely wrote:
I can't wait for next year...

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2009 17:44 

"Tractor beam engaged, Captain"

:) :) :)

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2009 17:52 

steely wrote:
"Tractor beam engaged, Captain"

:) :) :)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2009 17:56 
proff. patpending

:ill:

Tractor beam? My botty! I was just in a traffic jam behind another Firebolt:

Don't say a word about the tassle tractor outbraking me taking a tighter line and me taking a lap before I could pass you again... I swear passing is harder there than Monaco with an F1 car...

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2009 18:08 

The gladiators prepare for battle ;) ...
Beautiful Bethune.
Back on English soil, exhausted but happy...

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2009 18:36 
proff. patpending

Like Woodstock; if you can remember, you weren't there :lol:

Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2009 18:48 
proff. patpending

Image Image

Quite an experience for me, but nowhere near the experience of the other riders finding themselves on the wrong side of the punishment being dished out by the tassle tractor... :lol:

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2009 19:15 

Pash, you really like to punish them don`t you, my sides were splitting from your punishing Friday night, good picture of Moulder and Scully with the Hex-files :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: