It is currently 20 Apr 2024 00:54

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 22:27 

Current ride: 2000 M2
jonnyboyrebel wrote:
Looks like my mate Ritz will be there on his cityx too, there's a danger there could be Buells in double figures at poole quay tomorrow night!
i will not be on a buell :oooops: but will be on one of my 80s collection 8-)

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2009 22:52 
Nanny Brown

tubbs wrote:
Gazza wrote:
Any more for any more? For anyone new (or lurkin') we usually meet outside the bandstand thing. :sun:
yep near the food bars 8-)

Unfortunately I cannot commit to doing anything at the moment, as I am working 12 hours+ days with my job. :cry:

Anyone going to the BMF South West Show at Shepton Mallet on 13/14th June? We will hopefully be camping there if I can get a straight answer from the BMF about camping, entertainment etc....!!!

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2009 00:05 

I'll be there with Missus on back too.... Careful Deepsix! Bolt will be shitty looking though after 540 miles around Cornwall at the weekend..... :shock:

Si.

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2009 11:28 

Current ride: 06 12R
I'll be about,
see you there ron

:P

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2009 22:33 
Nanny Brown

Anyone going to the BMF South West Show at Shepton Mallet on 13/14th June? We will hopefully be camping there if I can get a straight answer from the BMF about camping, entertainment etc....!!![/quote]

Just found out there is no camping or entertainment at South West Show :( What a piss off...!!!!! Think ew will just find a campsite nearby and stay there. Need a weekend away!!!

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2009 08:06 

Current ride: 06 12R
Anybody about tonight ?

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2009 08:33 
Get there early or you're in for a good walk back to the quay! :sun:

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2009 22:15 

A number of Buells there tonite. :)

Good to see Mojomick and Mrs Peel plus Mr Peel(?).

Sorry, but we had to go and get some grub. While I was getting the fish and chips Mrs T counted the bikes arriving. She got to 100 and stopped counting. I was only in the queue for about 5 minutes.

Its good to Torque

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2009 13:14 

RED ALERT ALL POOLE BIKERS!!!!

With regard to the traffic lights camera on the Holes Bay road near Asda: They will flash if you go through a red as is normal, but they are the first in the country to use the GATSO system whereby through sensors in the road they will detect that if you are going through the lights on green but are over 30 mph they will automatically flash you and you will be caught speeding. Also understand that this applies to the Sterte Junction lights too. I have it on good authority that 70 people were caught last Monday/Tuesday.....

Si.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2009 13:39 
According to the Dorset Safety Partnership they're not going live until 1st July

Quote:
****PRESS RELEASE****

- Dorset Safety Camera Partnership -

Casualty Prevention Through Speed Enforcement at

Traffic Light Junctions

As part of the drive to meet the Government target of a 40% reduction in the number of people killed or seriously injured in road collisions by 2010, the Dorset Safety Camera Partnership (DSCP) will be starting to conduct speed enforcement at traffic light junctions from 1st July 2009.

Following Home Office Type Approval for ‘Speed on Green’ safety cameras, the red light safety cameras which previously only monitored vehicle non-compliance with a red signal at traffic lights, will now also be used to enforce compliance with the speed limit of vehicles crossing junctions on a green signal.

Johnny Stephens, Head of Fixed Penalties at the Dorset Safety Camera Partnership comments: "We have been conducting trials at various traffic light junctions in Dorset, the results have not been used for enforcement purposes but have alerted us to the alarming number of vehicles speeding whilst crossing the junctions. Exceeding the speed limit through a traffic light junction is extremely dangerous and this initiative is designed to ensure that collisions are prevented by ensuring that drivers abide with legal and appropriate speeds."

DSCP is working with the manufacturers of the cameras and the Borough of Poole Council, who are in the process of making necessary changes to the existing red light safety camera junctions. This will involve minor disruption to the roads and drivers will notice that there are now secondary check lines on the road at applicable junctions.

A list of the junctions where Speed on Green safety cameras are in use will be available on the DSCP website from 1st July -www.dorsetsafetycameras.org.uk.

ENDS

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2009 20:18 

Cheers Mrs P,
That clarifies it a bit, I thought it was worth warning people ASAP to get in the habit. There's no extra signage that I've seen, and that's reflected by the 70 odd people caught last Mon/Tuesday. (admittedly during the trial). I'm guessing that they'll be springing up everywhere soon if poor old Dorset is setting the trend....

:cry:

Si.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2009 21:52 

Silly old me thought the road had to have a poor accident record to have speed cameras. Or perhaps is just a popular myth?

Anyway thanks for the warning. :yup:

Its good to Torque

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2009 12:38 

people down there this coming tuesday?

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2009 18:13 

Loads! :lol:

Sorry,! Yep should be work permitting....

Si.