It is currently 28 Mar 2024 15:20

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2010 16:47 

Current ride: 2 Buells + 3 Guzzis
Edit 08-06-10:

Finally, I have a result, there will be a UKBEG stand at this years Silverstone Moto GP :dance:

Our location will be different to that previously advised. I quote:
The bike clubs area for MotoGP will once again be on Upper APM where we were situated at 2009 BSB. I've been on that area watching the recent FIA GT car race and can assure you that the spectacle of racers coming at high speed down the Wellington Straight and entering Brooklands/Luffield complex will not disappoint!

Vehicle centre passes:
UKBEG members who require vehicle centre passes (motorcycles only) to access the bike clubs area must submit their Moto GP booking details* to me no later than 10.00 am Friday, 11th June.

I will forward the list to Silverstone and then post details next week about how you will receive your pass.

*Surname, Postcode, Six digit booking reference number, Number of vehicle passes required - which can't be greater than the number of Moto GP tickets booked under that surname.

Example:
Jessop
WF12 ***
376***
2 vehicle passes

You can book tickets using the 24 hour Moto GP phone number 0844 3750 500 or on-line at http://www.silverstone.co.uk/events/mot ... b=book-now

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2010 18:25 

Hi Chris... Well Done for sorting this out... I'm booked for the weekend & interested in the track time; will be there on Friday morning as I'm arriving on the Thursday for the Day of Champions...

Also, there was no mention of the booking code when ordering & an operative on the phone said that it would all be sorted out when I got there; does this sound right?

As the circuit is sold out, I'll be booking one of the alternatives; any preference?

Once again, well done!!! :yup:

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2010 20:52 

Current ride: Cagiva Raptor 650
Pissed off to see Silverstone itself is sold out for the camping.
What is everyone else doing as it would be good to all camp at the same area?

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2010 10:54 

Litchlake Farm looks like the best option to me, but also the most expensive (typical)... No advance booking so just turn up... I guess we ride the Buells in each day, or do we park them on the Friday & that's it? I'll be heading off on the Sunday so wonder if there'll be 'delays' getting out of the infield... Ahhh what the hell; enjoy the racing!!! :D

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2010 11:37 

Current ride: XB9SX
If we just turn up on race day CJ, will we be able to access the club display area on our Buells or is there a cut off time? ;)

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2010 19:42 

Current ride: Cagiva Raptor 650
Stuff it I didn't fancy camping anyway so decided to book a Travelodge.
Chris looks like your going to have some company as I've booked Toddington Travelodge where you and Jane are staying. :D
It's a family room so if anyone wants to share let me know.

Cheers.

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2010 23:15 

SirWazzz wrote:
Hi Chris... Well Done for sorting this out... I'm booked for the weekend & interested in the track time; will be there on Friday morning as I'm arriving on the Thursday for the Day of Champions... noted

Also, there was no mention of the booking code when ordering & an operative on the phone said that it would all be sorted out when I got there; does this sound right?

SirWazzz wrote:
Litchlake Farm looks like the best option to me, but also the most expensive (typical)... No advance booking so just turn up... I guess we ride the Buells in each day, or do we park them on the Friday & that's it? I'll be heading off on the Sunday so wonder if there'll be 'delays' getting out of the infield... Ahhh what the hell; enjoy the racing!!! :D

edd wrote:
If we just turn up on race day CJ, will we be able to access the club display area on our Buells or is there a cut off time? ;)

I haven't booked our tickets yet, there wasn't time on Friday, so I'll check all the points raised above when I phone tomorrow. Booking using our code should be straight forward :?...

You will be able to access the club display on each day - there's a vehicle bridge over the track to the infield area so there's no cut-off time for your arrival. We won't be leaving any bikes on the UKBEG display overnight.

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2010 12:04 

Current ride: XB9SX
CJ wrote:
We won't be leaving any bikes on the UKBEG display overnight.

Very wise! :?

Thanks for the info! ;)

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2010 12:51 

great work of getting this package put together ...i already booked my ticket at last years wsb ukbeg event, phoned this morning and they don't seem to be able to give me an infield pass ,say they have no record of the booking number .........or will this end up the same as last year with you having to wait and greet everyone with their pass

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2010 13:39 

I rang this morning to book our tickets and passes, and like you, the Silverstone booking office didn't know anything about the clubs display package.

I've e-mailed my original contact who set this thing up and forwarded all my previous e-mails about this event to a new person there, so hopefully I will have this matter resolved later today.

I wouldn't mind but they approached me with this offer last year and here we are with just 11 days to go :headbang:.....

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2010 15:25 

Hi, I rang and booked tickets yesterday and initially the operative didn't know anything about the promotion code so I explained everything and was put on hold....... when the operative returned she said "yes, that's fine, I've asked someone", she then asked me to explain the detail again so that she could make a note reference future calls! We will wait and see when the tickets arrive.......

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2010 18:16 

Let's hope the races are better organised!!! I'm hoping the campsite is VERY close because I'll be enjoying a beer or two during the day so won't be riding the bike off the circuit... ;-)

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2010 18:37 
Resident Bender

Current ride: EBR 1190RX
glad its not just me then :?
rang today to book tickets, got the same, no idea about the booking code
was palmed off with 'your club rep will have the info'
they also thought i wanted to get into a car club meet at the moto gp.
no idea what a buell was :shock:
dumbasses

also a mate of mine lives up the road at pimlico, about 3 miles from the circuit
his hose has a large paddock, so if anyones stuck for camping, could be an option

Ebr 1190rx
Bimota Db7
Norton v4rr??

http://www.aph-performance-engineering.com

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2010 19:18 
Mr. Tourettes

SirWazzz wrote:
Let's hope the races are better organised!!! I'm hoping the campsite is VERY close because I'll be enjoying a beer or two during the day so won't be riding the bike off the circuit... ;-)

Well that's me out, waited for the package deel that CJ worked so hard for, but sod it, if you can't walk back to your tent after a couple :roll: of beers during the day then would rather watch the tv :cry: :cry: :cry:

The words piss, up and brewery spring to mind, thanks CJ, I know for sure you went the last mile fella, shame.

ps......have a great day all :headbang:

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2010 20:31 

After further discussions this afternoon it transpires that Silverstone have now decided to handle the club displays and vehicle passes in a different manner :evil:....

I've never dealt with such an unprofessional outfit. I've complained bitterly about the fact that I was issued with instructions and a booking code etc. last Friday but they didn't see fit to inform their staff about the arrangements.

I should know tomorrow afternoon how they want to handle the club vehicle passes and will post details no later than tomorrow night.

If you can't wait any longer and still want to attend the Moto GP, whether there's a UKBEG stand or not, I suggest you book tickets in the normal manner using their 24 hour Moto GP phone number 0844 3750 500 or on-line at http://www.silverstone.co.uk/events/mot ... b=book-now

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk