It is currently 28 Mar 2024 11:43

All times are UTC

Post subject: Midlands?
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2009 00:41 

Much happen in the Midlands/Staffordshire? Anyone go to Bassetts?

Haven't been much this year, but usually there's only one or two Buells there. Mine was the only Fuglybolt I saw the last few times...

Post subject: Re: Midlands?
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2009 23:19 

Current ride: 2001 M2
I haven't been up there at all this year, but if you've see a blue M2 up there in the past it was probably mine...

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2009 10:57 
I tend to get up to Bassets when ever i can (rain permitting). Recently ventured out to Stormy Petrel too which was a huge meet, hundreds of bikes covering two car parks and a field.
Occassionally hit stratford on a sunday too with the missus :D

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2009 11:31 

Was planning a Stratford run with a mate who's just got his first bike (CBR600F) but then went and buggered me back up. Now I can't even walk proper.. When I'm done and the physio has stopped making me feel abused, maybe we could organise a midlands ride out somewhere? Before the summer ends and the weather resumes normal service..

What do you think of Stratford since they put in a bike park and moved us all out of the town centre..?

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2009 17:51 
Waterman(Hatton) better than Stratford imo, though if weather's good can get v. busy. Me & a mate went went to a classic transport meet last week, AC cobras, Dodge Charger, Porsche 356, Austin baby 7's etc. 1 guy turned up on a Triumph triple (meriden), family owned from new. Not to many bikes but good to see & hear the old stuff again. Waterman is every Wed. Old car meet 2nd tuesday of month in Wythall, near M42 jct 2.

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2009 09:46 
MikeXB12R wrote:
Was planning a Stratford run with a mate who's just got his first bike (CBR600F) but then went and buggered me back up. Now I can't even walk proper.. When I'm done and the physio has stopped making me feel abused, maybe we could organise a midlands ride out somewhere? Before the summer ends and the weather resumes normal service..

What do you think of Stratford since they put in a bike park and moved us all out of the town centre..?

A rideout sounds like a good idea. My local riding buddy recently came off and broke his collarbone so I'm riding solo a lot at the moment. Stratford's always been a doddle for me, 20 mins down the road and just somewhere easy to take the missus where she can enjoy the sun and the river and what not and I can take a look at the bikes. Don't mind where they park em to be fair. I was down there about a month ago and there were 3 chapters of HOGs who had taken over the riverbank. Good venue for a couple of hours on a sunday.

I like the waterman on a wednesday too, only 10 mins down the road from me aswell. Shame they've recently put a new chip-like surface on some of the best corners on the warwick road though.