It is currently 19 Apr 2024 10:47

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: 18 Jun 2009 08:50 

Current ride: 2 Buells + 3 Guzzis
kevmean wrote:
Don't forget me CJ ;)

Oh, go on then, if you must.... :D

Kevmean
Roz
Goldy
CJ + JJ
37skippy

Steve Loxton can't make it to Papworth due to staff holidays etc. at Black Bear - unless he changes his mind :yup:....

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2009 14:08 
Put me down for an appearence

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2009 15:45 

OK, Paul, - I'll bring a wide-angle lens now that there's 7 of us :D...

Kevmean
Roz
Goldy
CJ + JJ
37skippy
Spook

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2009 21:42 

Current ride: m2/xbr/xbx
might be able to give you a look not shure whats doing on sat

FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF DARK

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2009 00:08 

Current ride: S1W,S2T,1125CR
Quote:
Steve Loxton can't make it to Papworth due to staff holidays etc. at Black Bear - unless he changes his mind

Correct I'm afraid, Chris. Gutted that I can't make it but the Uly will be at Black Bear to meet it's old mates from the run and I'll be there with the doughnuts but won't be able to get away to Papworth :( Holidays, sickness and the boss has done a runner to the Norton Owners Club bash at Donington :roll:

Can you e-mail me the press release please, CJ, I have a man at the Cambridge Evening News keen to see it :)

Steve

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2009 08:16 
I'll be there in spirit. Shame it would have been to catch up :sad1:

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2009 13:08 

Current ride: 06 12R
Devonbob wrote:
I'll be there in spirit. Shame it would have been to catch up :sad1:

Goes for me too,
have a great day all

:clap:

PostPosted: 19 Jun 2009 21:10 

We've just added all the cheques up and the amount we're going to present tomorrow to the Papworth Hospital Cystic Fibrosis Unit* is £5,863.20 - or £6,096.20 if we receive Charlie's cheque for £233.00 before we set off to Black Bear.

As of today the total raised by UKBEG in 2009 for *Em's Charity is now £7,113.51 :dance:

* https://www.bmycharity.com/V2/ukbeg

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2009 22:01 

Despite a few light showers it was a good day for the presentation. There were 6 Buells and Jane's Moto Guzzi in our small group.

Steve and the team at Black Bear provided food and drink before we set off for Papworth Hospital - thanks guys.

We'd like to thank fellow 'Challengers', Paul, Julian, Colin and Kev for making the effort to be there - it felt like we'd completed the final part of the UKBEG Buell Challenge being able to hand over the cheques at Papworth Hospital.

We'd also like to thank Mark and Sarah (Em's sister) for being there, and Richie who came down from Peterborough with his son.

We met Charles and Helen, Papworth's Cystic Fibrosis consultants, and they were over the moon with the amount that UKBEG had raised so far this year. Part of £7,113.51 will be used to fund research into CF and the rest will buy much needed equipment for the CF wards.

As an added bonus, Papworth Hospital will be able to claim an extra 28% in Gift Aid on most of the donations made on the sponsorship forms. This will raise a further £1,000 to £1,500.

Still to come of course is UKBEG's main event, Em's Day on Saturday 18th July, which will raise additional money for the CF unit.

Jane and I still can't believe what UKBEG has achieved so far with this years fund raising for Em's Charity. It now looks as though the total for 2009 will be in the region of £10,000 :P...

We would like to thank each and everyone of you who has contributed to this magnificent effort.

I only took 3 pictures with my own camera - Helen Daniel, Papworth's Fundraising Manager, took the actual presentation pictures and will e-mail them to me in due course.

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009 20:20 

Sorry we didn't make it to the presentation yesterday guys. There were just too many things going on here with my parents and my kids :roll: , it's the way it is at the moment I'm afraid, I try not to plan things but when I do someone (or the dogs :oooops: ) invariably scuppers it at the last minute. I'm just glad I managed to do the challenge at all, it was a shame to miss the finale but I'm glad I didn't miss the event.

Thanks again to Kev and Goldy for being such stars on the event itself, sorry I missed you yesterday xxxx

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009 20:29 

Current ride: 1991 RS1200 westwind
Roz wrote:
Sorry we didn't make it to the presentation yesterday guys. There were just too many things going on here with my parents and my kids :roll: , it's the way it is at the moment I'm afraid, I try not to plan things but when I do someone (or the dogs :oooops: ) invariably scuppers it at the last minute. I'm just glad I managed to do the challenge at all, it was a shame to miss the finale but I'm glad I didn't miss the event.

Thanks again to Kev and Goldy for being such stars on the event itself, sorry I missed you yesterday xxxx

Just sorry you had to miss yesterday.....we did no more on the trip than we promised the day we arranged to do the trip together and that was that we would stick together for the journey whatever. Just glad that plan B came together for you ;)

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2009 07:06 
It was a good day out for me,got to ride my bike since doin my back in just after the trip,and got to see a few peeps from the trip and the weather was good which was a bonus...................................any way well done all again :yup: :yup:

Shame you wern't there Roz (you had problems i gather) :nutkick:

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2009 16:16 
Bollox :headbang: I would loved to have been there. V pregnant wife needs me right now so no way I'm going anywhere for a while.

Brilliant job :clap:

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2009 18:48 
Devonbob wrote:
Bollox :headbang: I would loved to have been there. V pregnant wife needs me right now so no way I'm going anywhere for a while.

Brilliant job :clap:

Thought she would of had that by now :headbang: :headbang:

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009 21:06 

Helen Daniel of Papworth Hospital sent me this picture of the presentation today.

Left to right:
Paul, Julian, Dr Charles Haworth, Dr Helen Barker, CJ, Jane, Richie, Sarah, Kev and Colin.

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next