It is currently 19 Mar 2024 04:32

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 22 May 2009 23:15 
anyone fancy it 11/6/09

PostPosted: 22 May 2009 23:29 
Any details available?

PostPosted: 23 May 2009 09:54 
focused events £79 brands hatch indy circuit evening session book online 102db noise limit

PostPosted: 23 May 2009 17:02 

Just in case it's useful:-

Itinerary they sent me last time:-

4.15-5.00 pm Upon arrival at Brands Hatch, please make your way to the Nigel Mansell Suite signing on area which will be sign posted. You will need to bring with you and show both parts of your full motorcycle licence (do not forget or you may be charged by the circuit if they call the DVLA for proof, DVLA checks are not possible on Sundays or Bank Holidays) and sign the forms which are available in the signing on area. Signing on will cease at 5.00pm sharp so please make sure you arrive in plenty of time. Late arrivals will be signed on after 5.30pm and briefed afterwards – you will miss your first session if you are late.
Compulsory noise testing for all bikes will be taking place from 4pm until 4.30pm in the collecting area. (Note: Bikes not tested in this time frame can attend sighting laps only but must then be tested in the collection area before continuing).

5.00pm Riders Brief – This will take place in the Briefing Room or in Pit Lane (an announcement will be made). You will not be allowed onto the circuit unless you attend this briefing and receive a second sticker.

5.30-5.50 pm Track time commences for group 1– the first 3 laps will be sighting laps

5.50-6.10 pm Track time commences for group 2- the first 3 laps will be sighting laps

8.00 pm The Circuit will close

PostPosted: 25 May 2009 23:10 

Current ride: Xb9sx
Doing a trackday there on the 17th of June for the evening session. Took the Buell down there the other day for the noise test, 108.6db :oooops: (and that was just under 4k RPM and he wanted me to rev to 4.5k RPM) sure my exhaust said Stealth on it :? Tried to tell the guy that my exhaust runs quieter when moving... Now looking for a Fiesta size baffle to fit in the exhaust :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 26 May 2009 12:18 

Out of interest Ronald....Who is the trackday organised with?

PostPosted: 28 May 2009 20:10 
i have a stealth on mine to so it looks like the standard pipe will be back on

:headbang:

PostPosted: 30 May 2009 00:10 
After missing the last one due to work I said to myself that when someone posted about this again I'd do it, unfortunately (sort of) I will be sunning myself, drinking Mojitos and smoking big fat cigars in Cuba. I'll try and make the next one!

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2009 08:57 

Current ride: Xb9sx
paul1433 wrote:
i have a stealth on mine to so it looks like the standard pipe will be back on

:headbang:

You should get away with it. When I had mine tested the guy said he normally lets Buells through even if they are a bit loud. His argument is that because of where the pipe is located his noise detector also picks up surrounding noise such as engine noise and this is increased if the bike has the side stand on the ground as it carries even more sound from the other side of the engine. Try and keep the revs to just around 4k rpm. I am still booked in for next Wednesday the 17th of June.
;)

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2009 10:24 

Neil, are you still doing this?

I collect my new bike tomorrow and if the evening's a pleasant one I may take a ride out to see you, if you're there.

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2009 22:23 
thanks RG well i put the standard one on i will see how we go tomorra i will let you know if its in a load of bits lol

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009 08:16 

Roz wrote:
Neil, are you still doing this?

I collect my new bike tomorrow and if the evening's a pleasant one I may take a ride out to see you, if you're there.

Hey Roz,

I won't be going to BH tonight but was thinking of popping down on the 17th to watch Ronald do his thang.

Fancy popping down there for a cuppa and to watch Ronald?

Be good to see your bike as not seen it yet.

Neil

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009 09:15 

neil_xb12ss wrote:
Hey Roz,
I won't be going to BH tonight but was thinking of popping down on the 17th to watch Ronald do his thang.
Fancy popping down there for a cuppa and to watch Ronald?
Be good to see your bike as not seen it yet.
Neil

I know how you feel, I've barely seen it myself!

I'm not sure about next week, all this after work stuff has to be kinda last minute decisions, it depends on how the day pans out. Tone's ridden in today (before I read this) so that we can shoot straight over to BH from the office, ah well, the Kwak needed a run anyway :hehe:

Maybe we'll catch up next week, or see you around soon eh? Are you doing East Kirby this year?

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009 23:40 

Roz wrote:
Maybe we'll catch up next week, or see you around soon eh? Are you doing East Kirby this year?

Still undecided on the East Kirby Ride..... :(

Maybe see you next week ;) ...I'll keep checking on here to see if you fancy it on the day.

Anytime you fancy a ride you have my number, send me a txt and Dave and me will meet you.

Wonder if paul1433 went round BH tonight?

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2009 08:12 

Cheers mate. I'll leave the ride out together for a while - til after I've run this new one in. You don't wanna be riding with Mrs Even Slower Than Normal :lol: