It is currently 29 Mar 2024 13:28

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2010 06:03 

Current ride: Xb12Scg
dont know if going now. i was supposed to be working nights standing in for someone on a course. now been told i have to be at work at 3:30pm saturday. trying to sort it out, but dont think i will be able to change it. twatting management :(

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2010 10:11 

:sad1: Seems we're not coming either :(
Hubby reckons he can think of better things to do on my birthday than drive 3 hours to Bristol and back. I have stamped my feet but it didn't work :(

I'm hoping one of the things he wants to do is fit the Remus he MUST be buying me for my birthday or there'll be double foot stamping and a lot of sulking going on ;)

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2010 17:09 

Current ride: XB9SX
norrie wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good route down from Edinburgh.
I'm thinking down the A7 to Carllisle but not sure from there.
Don't really want to just come down the M6/M5 from there.

Don't know how you'd do the Penines norrie, but from Manchester my route back from The Eporium is down I'd go through peak district on A624 to Buxton. Then A515 south to A50, east on dual a few miles to Jcn of A511 to Burton Upon Trent, A444 to A5 Hinkley/Daventry (watch for camera at Kilsby). Then A361 to Banbury/Burford, A40 west 1 mile to B4425 Cirencester. A429 (left turn south of Ciren goes to Kemble Airfield), but to Bristol go straight on A433 (camera again) through Tetbury to A46 (wave to Charles at Highgrove lOl ).
Chipping Sodbury into Bristol whichever way to centre. ;)

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2010 19:47 

Current ride: S1w X1 1125CR
I'm back from Aberdeen and planning on going to Bristol in the car on Saturday ( another compromise with Mrs Deeps) then taking the bike on Sunday to Pash's aero extravaganza.
if anyone want anything taking to or fetching from Bristol on Saturday let me know. ( Kev mentioned some weights Pash)
Weather looks good. ( Was bleeding snowing on Monday and Tuesday in Aberdeen between bright sunny bits; that Grampian weather cracks me up)

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2010 20:02 

deepsix wrote:
I'm back from Aberdeen and planning on going to Bristol in the car on Saturday ( another compromise with Mrs Deeps) then taking the bike on Sunday to Pash's aero extravaganza.

Take the A36 a then the A4 into Bristol.
Just after you enter the city limits, you'll see a park and ride on your left.
It'll cost you 4 quid for you and the missus to use it, but Bristol traffic/road signs/road markings are all pretty poor at the best of times.
An added bonus (?) is that Riders is just across the road, so you can treat yourself to a breakfast bap and curly fries.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2010 21:33 

:yup:

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2010 07:14 

Current ride: xb12s 1125cr 1125r
Deepsix...me and Banjo traveling up on Sunday, looking at taking A34...M4 up then back roads back, but we can always be led astray... :yup: :dance: will txt ya lOl

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2010 08:48 

Was thinking of going via A3057 to Andover, on thru lurgashall to Marlborough, across the downs thru Wootton Basset and on that way nice and early Sunday. If your after a bit of a sleep-in you'd do it quicker via the A34 /M4 but it's a bit featureless.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2010 15:03 

Current ride: T120V - M2 Cyclone
Was planning to do the fast way there then Chippenham/Devises/Luggershall/Romsey etc on the way back. Weather forecast is good which must mean that Ronald is staying at home.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2010 22:29 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
My (and Ms Pash and Norrie's) route for Saturday is http://tinyurl.com/27glxrn (breakfast in Goldbrick House at 10am)....

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2010 16:04 

Current ride: XB9SX
Being so close to Kemble I must support this one. Hope to see you all there.........hopefully without any showers! ;)

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2010 21:18 

Current ride: YZF750R
Spose it's about time a met some of you...

I can either meet you there, or if you are planning on comming up the 34, meet you at either Chievley Services (Chain Hill from Newbury to Wantage) or just off Juction 14 Hungerford (A338 to Wantage, (or hang a left and through Lambourn)) and then head west from there.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2010 16:57 

Current ride: 2 Buells + 3 Guzzis
Another cracking weekend in Bristol and the Cotswolds. We thought last years Italian Moto Festival was good but yesterday's event was even better. Excellent weather helped in this respect, there were far more bikes and the streets were crammed with all sorts of exotic machinery.

We met up with Nick and his father, Tony, and quite a few other UKBEG members including Norrie, who'd ridden his 1125CR down from Edinburgh on Friday :worthy:...

We left the event in Bristol at 1.15 pm - the weather was too good to waste so we headed out into the Cotswolds and spent 3 hours exploring the regions minor roads before going onto our motel.

Apologies for not attending the Buell meet today. This mornings forecast of downpours and thunder for later in the day meant we decided to head back to Yorkshire. Luckily we missed any rain and had a good ride back in warm sunshine.

At least we did have one Buell fix over the weekend. There was an immaculate S1WL parked up in Bristol yesterday. Unfortunately we didn't get to speak to the owner - perhaps it belongs to a UKBEG member?

I'm told this tasty Breva 750 belongs to a certain young lady from Yorkshire :4roz:...

Our Buell fix of the weekend...

Saturday afternoon - the picturesque village of Avening on the B4014 during our tour of the Cotswolds...

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2010 18:17 

Current ride: 06 12R
Thanks Pash et al for a good day.

I had a great blat up the 350 and 429, alas the exhaust wasn't quite as impressed as I was ! I Had a far more leisurely journey home but got soaked by 4 nasty downpours at regular intervals en route. This was no real bother as the exhaust held on all the way so no need for a the RAC, even though it would have been drier in their van :roll: . Off to see Baz in the morning for a suss out.
It was a tad odd not seeing Mr & Mrs J in attendance :shock: .

Dave took some pics but I'm not sure if anybody did a bike count or not, 20 ish at a guess

8-)

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2010 18:49 

Nice weekend that. Bristol Italia event was full of shiny exotica. and a pleasant tour of the riverside with Pash, Daddy Pash and Norrie. Then on to Riders before heading home. They've about half a dozen or so brand new Buells in stock, (09 1125rs,Some Ulys including a 2010.) met Chris, one of the sale team who refreshingly knew his Buells (both he and his partner Mia own XBs)
Good run up to Kemble on Sunday with Martin and Helen and suprised at turnout really, more than expected. Quite a diverse range of stuff in there. i had a personal guide in Thorkil having worked on some of the stuff in there, the buses and aero engines. No refreshments at the hangar so at about 1300hrs we ventured offsite to find the cafe and ended up at a local pub :yup: Not sure what happened to Banjo and Blackrag, Heavy night and maybe pishing rain early am may have changed their minds? Popped into the George White mega store extravaganza where Angela unfortunately didn't win herself the brand new superbike of choice.
Met loads an missed others but cheers for the organisation Pash :yup:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next