It is currently 29 Mar 2024 15:12

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2010 21:01 

Yeah great day out today. My first Buell event. Nice to meet people. Me and the lad enjoyed the spin - Buells, sunshine, fresh air, country roads and the Lovell Telescope (I'd never seen it before). Home for 3.00pm and a cold beer in the garden and plenty of time to do the birthday thing with the family - it's my 50th today!

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2010 21:11 

Current ride: CZ 350!
simba wrote:
Yeah great day out today. My first Buell event. Nice to meet people. Me and the lad enjoyed the spin - Buells, sunshine, fresh air, country roads and the Lovell Telescope (I'd never seen it before). Home for 3.00pm and a cold beer in the garden and plenty of time to do the birthday thing with the family - it's my 50th today!

Many Happy Returns-Nice talking to you today!

Passed Dazeoff on the way back over Snakes Pass in the lay-by having his photo taken with the bike.
What a Poser lOl

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2010 21:51 

Current ride: 2 Buells + 3 Guzzis
norrie wrote:
Looks like you had a very good turnout. :D

I take it the exhaust is very LOUD then Chris?

Yup, one of the best :dance:...

It is LOUD - Kev(mean) seemed impressed, I reckon it would compliment his 'not-quite-as-loud' X1 nicely.

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2010 21:52 
Site Admin

CJ, Uly shock is an AST fitted to Big Cyd's bike......Daves X1 is an Emporium Special :twisted:

Another (very rare) day out for me, thanks to UKBEG's founders for some great company in excellent weather.......although, my bonce is now well pink/throbbing :oooops:

:yup:

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2010 21:55 

A good day out, nice to meet some new folk too. Thanks again to CJ+J 8-) :clap:

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2010 22:01 

Current ride: 2 Buells + 3 Guzzis
Maz - good to see you out on a Buell and thanks for clarifying what make the shock was.

:idea: We'll have to send you a Buell cap :sun:

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2010 22:09 
Hi.
Me and my mate Matt had a great morning out too, our 1st UKBEG meet.
Nice to meet some of you.
Especially Simon who i met when he came to my house the week before, and his son,
Happy 50th Simon, you Dont look it !!!.
Nice to meet Adam who i met at the Emporium, and met Maz again, and to see
Chris & Jane too. and all the rest.
I really liked the X1 who's ever that was the Emporium SPECIAL !!!.
If i was to get another bike THAT would be the baby for me.
Also got some nice pics of the Scope.

Attachments:
DSCF3727.JPG
DSCF3727.JPG [ 739.49 KiB | Viewed 763 times ]
DSCF3725.JPG
DSCF3725.JPG [ 724.28 KiB | Viewed 763 times ]
DSCF3730.JPG
DSCF3730.JPG [ 393.84 KiB | Viewed 763 times ]
DSCF3737.JPG
DSCF3737.JPG [ 514.49 KiB | Viewed 763 times ]

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2010 22:17 

Current ride: 1991 RS1200 westwind
Yep thanks again CJ and Jane :yup: Was great to meet up with folks again.......had a great biking weekend travelling over to north wales yesterday via the snake pass and then lots of roads in unpronouncable places lOl ...Sorry we didn't get too call yesterday Adam but by the time all errands were done on the way we were running a bit late lOl ...........was out early on our bikes this morning on some more roads in unpronouncable places and called at the ponderosa cafe and horseshoepass? before riding back up to Jodrell bank.
Probably should have taken the X1 though as tubers were in the minority today lOl
1125cr ran faultlessly and is doing about 185 miles to a tankful of fuel............doesn't sound too bad until you compare to Bels zzr600 which used 11.5 ltrs of fuel to my 17.5 :shock:
Had a good run back home via buxton and the cat and fiddle then an ice cream stop at bakewell.....................even though the sun was hining the temp plumetted the furthe east we got ....had to put the heated grips on by the time we got to gainsborough lol.........................so 400+ miles of near perfect biking 8-) only hiccup was a bit of road rage on the way home when a guy in a volvo nearly knocked Bel off deliberately :evil: because she filtered past in traffic .....had to get in front of him and slow him right down to keep him from undertaking her and then he nearly forced me off at the next roundabout :evil: ...................he was very close to having some serious dents in his doors.
all in all a great weekend though :yup:

Attachments:
ponderosa cafe.JPG
ponderosa cafe.JPG [ 93.16 KiB | Viewed 756 times ]

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2010 22:25 

kevmean wrote:
Yep thanks again CJ and Jane :yup: Was great to meet up with folks again.......had a great biking weekend travelling over to north wales yesterday via the snake pass and then lots of roads in unpronouncable places lOl ...Sorry we didn't get too call yesterday Adam but by the time all errands were done on the way we were running a bit late lOl ...........was out early on our bikes this morning on some more roads in unpronouncable places and called at the ponderosa cafe and horseshoepass? before riding back up to Jodrell bank.
Probably should have taken the X1 though as tubers were in the minority today lOl
1125cr ran faultlessly and is doing about 185 miles to a tankful of fuel............doesn't sound too bad until you compare to Bels zzr600 which used 11.5 ltrs of fuel to my 17.5 :shock:
Had a good run back home via buxton and the cat and fiddle then an ice cream stop at bakewell.....................even though the sun was hining the temp plumetted the furthe east we got ....had to put the heated grips on by the time we got to gainsborough lol.........................so 400+ miles of near perfect biking 8-) only hiccup was a bit of road rage on the way home when a guy in a volvo nearly knocked Bel off deliberately :evil: because she filtered past in traffic .....had to get in front of him and slow him right down to keep him from undertaking her and then he nearly forced me off at the next roundabout :evil: ...................he was very close to having some serious dents in his doors.
all in all a great weekend though :yup:

So........you took Bel up the Horse Shoe Pass ;)

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2010 22:27 

[quote="Jeff.Ov.Duky"]
Happy 50th Simon, you Dont look it !!!.

Cheers mate. Very kind of you to say so. Plenty of beer and chips in case you're wondering.
Good to see you again Jeff and meet your mate Matt too. No doubt I'll see you at the next one.
Great photos!

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2010 22:34 

Hi,
A great Buell week end! - two UKBEG events in two days. Was good to meet up again and the weather made it even better.
- Thanks Chris!

Dave

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2010 08:30 

Current ride: XB12R
A grand day out at Jodrell, thanks for organising it.
My head is redder than my bike now tho! :oooops:

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2010 12:46 

Current ride: XB9SX
Yes, nice for me to get to a meeting at last. Thanks to all! Brilliant weather and great ride up A530 and A529 Shrewsbury to Nantwich. Shame we were 20 mins later than planned due to missing a road sign in Nantwich as Jodrell cafe had stopped doing fry-ups at 12:00.

Nice to see some new and some old faces and different bikes....and seeing Maz out of his lair with his own machine, but I missed hearing that pipe!

We appear to have done the right thing as it was much cooler back in Gloucestershire. ;)

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2010 09:32 

Current ride: 99 Cyclone M2
Big thanks to CJ n J for another good day out :clap: , nice to meet a few other lads on the forum too, and the weather just topped it off perfectly :sun: :yup: