It is currently 25 Apr 2024 04:53

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 Next
PostPosted: 04 Apr 2010 20:28 
Name tags, yep I'm sure you are right as I was wandering around, only having spoke to 2 members on the day.

A better effort would be welcome instead of the 'look' you get, when you arrive. :evil:

Thanks again Steve for the burger if without the bun :(

goldy wrote:
No rain on the way home 8-) & a dry arse thanks to my new seat :dance:
Another great day at Black bear, Good to see everyone old & new.

Lots of people I didn't meet (we should get badges) :D

Thanks to jane for cooking the burgers & her assistant CJ :twisted:

spent plenty of money on clothing......Mainly for Max

Next stop Ireland :yup:

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2010 20:37 

Current ride: XB9R, 1200GS,CB750.
Thanks for another great day out CJ, thanks to Jane for the cheese burger, met lots of old friends, and some new ones....thanks to Steve at BB for the hospitality ( never did pick up that bolt) but did get the paddock shirt, had a good run home in the sunshine with Smarty, had some fun in Revesby park with 2 lads on sports bike, when we stopted for petrol in Horncastle they were all of 25/6 ish we old buggers should know better lOl but a good first run of the year..scrubbed my new tyre in..to the edge, both sides :clap:

Stay lucky Woody.

You can always tell a Yorkshire man..But ya can't tell him much.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2010 20:57 
Milf Hunter

Current ride: '98 S1
grillphilbuell wrote:
Name tags, yep I'm sure you are right as I was wandering around, only having spoke to 2 members on the day.
A better effort would be welcome instead of the 'look' you get, when you arrive. :evil:

Sorry, but we can't afford to employ Professional Greeters, they all get £6 an hour down at B&Q. ;)

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2010 21:04 

mojomick wrote:
grillphilbuell wrote:

Sorry, but we can't afford to employ Professional Greeters, they all get £6 an hour down at B&Q. ;)

Welcome to BlackBear. :D Get your shit and get out! :twisted:

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2010 21:32 

Current ride: 2000 x1
grillphilbuell wrote:

Sorry you felt you got "a look" and that I and some others didnt get to speak to you Phil but then again you didnt speak to us either so fault is on both sides. I found when I was unknown to folk at my first meet that any perceived ice soon melted when I went over and introduced myself ;)

And I was wearing a name tag of sorts my T shirt says Tigs on the back it was just hidden under 3 other layers :oooops: :hehe:

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2010 21:41 

grillphilbuell wrote:

goldy wrote:

So your experience was not waht you expected......Lower your expectations and be surprised, I lowered my expectations some 10 odd years ago and continue to be amazed ;)
Yer miserable git. lOl

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2010 21:46 

Current ride: S1W,S2T,1125CR
Adam wrote:
Maz wrote:
I'm luvin that 1918 H-D :yup:

It's a thing of beauty 8-) - do you know any of its history Steve?

Some but not a lot, tracked down it's build history through a mate in Milwaukee but not a lot after that until Nigel, the boss, found it in an antique shop in Derbyshire :?

Steve

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2010 22:54 

indeed first ride out this year :oooops: still got the stupid grin :D great company,
thanks cj&jj :yup: even had sunshine :sun: :sun: :sun: ........whichway?

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2010 06:33 

Current ride: S1w X1 1125CR
grillphilbuell wrote:

can't be too shy Grillphill. Gotta get in there and introduce yourself. i still don't know everyone and invariably forget names just vaguely recognising some from a meet somewhere else. Everyone gets looked at when arriving, it's normal as peeps try to recognise bike/rider combo (even if you don't come in a sidecar)
A good opening line might be to comment on someone with 2 burgers in his hand as to why his wheel bearings don't last too long then?
meeting bods from internet forums can be an eye opener :shock: and sometimes strange. :o Hope you don't feel groomed. lOl

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2010 07:09 
Apparently I should have been shorter and fatter! Is that a Buell requirement???????

Cheers, Richard.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2010 08:55 
Nice to see everyone again. Thanks to CJ and Jane for the organisation and hospitality and obviously thanks to Steve for spending quality time with us :D

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2010 08:59 

Current ride: 2 Buells + 3 Guzzis
wobbly wrote:
Apparently I should have been shorter and fatter! Is that a Buell requirement???????

:hehe:

Not everyone in UKBEG is generously proportioned - a few of us have managed to maintain their racing snake physiques :D....

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2010 09:59 
att wrote:
grillphilbuell wrote:

goldy wrote:

So your experience was not waht you expected......Lower your expectations and be surprised, I lowered my expectations some 10 odd years ago and continue to be amazed ;)
Yer miserable git. lOl

Partly my fault I suppose & will make more effort at the next meet. 2/10 must try harder lOl

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2010 10:20 

Tigs wrote;

And I was wearing a name tag of sorts my T shirt says Tigs on the back it was just hidden under 3 other layers

......not many people look at the back of your T shirts ;) lOl lOl

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2010 10:27 
Gutted I missed it! :headbang: but no chance for me to be there even thought I live less than 15 miles away, glad you all had a good time, I hope to bump into a few of you this year, anyone in east anglia going for a rideout give me a shout, off on my own from Cambridge to Huntstanton on the 11/4 so anyone want to pop along or meet on the seafront give me a shout.
cheers

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 Next