It is currently 29 Mar 2024 10:16

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 11 Next
PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010 20:11 

Current ride: S1w X1 1125CR
Great turn out today considering. good to see all again and met some more good folks but still missed quite a few. Ta for the burgers :yup: ;
Lovely job done on the X1 GB. Only saw one Buell on the road when going home, Goldy and Max overtook coming out of Newmarket.
Good result today I actually spent more at BB than Mrs D did in Cambridge. lOl
Hope everyone made it back OK.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010 20:26 
proff. patpending

Current ride: Victoria Sponge
Nice to see everyone. Thanks to Chris and Jane for the barbie, richie for the egg and Steve for getting my Uly serviced... :D

Hope to see you all again in a few weeks!

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010 20:31 

Good result today I actually spent more at BB than Mrs D did in Cambridge. lOl

Great work Tony, very impressive.

Thanks very much to Jane and CJ for the burgers, very tasty. After a dry ride up expections were high for the same on the way home. Everything was fine until Basingstoke, then it rained pretty much all the way after that. Hope you remembred to do your flies up today Mick. You seemed to be checking down there a lot once the rain came down ;) . Hope your arms are not aching too much Jerry after a day on the tassle tractor :)
Lots of people I wanted to chat too but didn't get a chance. Maybe next time.

Its good to Torque

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010 21:05 
Nanny Brown

It sounds like you all had a great time, and I'm sorry I couldn't join you, but had to pick my Blast up from MSR today.

After 24c sunshine in Tenerife this last week, today's rain was a little hard to bear!! We did a long scenic route home from Tubbs to get some miles on my Blast, but I was cold, wet and defeated by the time I got home. I really didn't enjoy the last 50+ miles.... !!! :( :sad1:

I am hoping for greater things for the rest of the year bike-wise though. I am looking forward to meeting up with you all very soon. :yup:

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010 21:22 

Had a great time today and good to see quite a few of the southern posse made it up despite the weather! 8-) 8-)
Thanks to Chris and jane and Steve for the food 8-)
Apologies for the delaying Rick, Tigs and Kevmeans departure but it was worth it just for the look on Ricks face. :rofl:

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010 21:33 

Current ride: Xb9sx
Good to see everyone and another well organised event thanks to Chris and Jane :clap: (and Mr Loxton obviously ;) )
Worth the drive up there to get the Roz hugs :4roz: followed by my usual Sarah HUG :mrgreen:,

Nice meeting the blushing Mrs Jerry lOl

Great job on the bike GB, looked really cool :yup: :worthy:

Ronald :)

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010 21:38 

Current ride: 2 Buells + 3 Guzzis
A huge thank you to everyone who attended today's event at Black Bear. It was an excellent day spent with good friends - a fitting way to celebrate UKBEG's 12th birthday. Despite the rubbish forecast you really did us proud :clap:...

There must have been 40+ Buells and approx. 50 to 60 (hungry) Buell enthusiasts. It was so successful that we had to send out for extra burgers and then we ran out of bread buns - my fault :oooops:, I misjudged the amount needed.

Special thanks must go to Jane for slaving over a hot BBQ and to Steve and the Black Bear team for their superb hospitality and for providing the food.

Jon :worthy: carrying out the 25,000 mile service on our Ulysses...

Jane in flaming hot :ill: BBQ action...

Roz :4roz: and her recently acquired XB12SCG...

Graham's (GB) X1...

Lots of Buells :P and decent weather in Newmarket...

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010 21:40 

Current ride: S1W,S2T,1125CR
Great day and thanks to you all for coming. Special thanks to Jon64, he's so enthusiastic about UKBEG meets and got in well before me (and I was very early :o ) set up the marquee and the barbie before getting to work fettling Buells and giving technical advice.

The usual thanks to CJ and Jane who were so busy cooking burgers and miscalculating bun orders (CJ that is.....definitely not Jane lOl ) that they didn't get to do the normal headcount. CJ reckons he counted 40 Buells, I've just done a quick totting up of the people I got to speak to (sorry if I missed you :oooops: ) and I've accounted for 30 Buells and 55 people.

Made my Harley customers stand back and pay attention when they realised that the workshop were working on Buells from Bristol, Kent, Heathrow, Hatfield and Yorkshire during the course of the day 8-)

Good to see you all and will definitely catch up again at Em's Do at East Kirkby if not before. Rideout from Black Bear meeting at 9.00 to leave at 9.30 :idea:

Steve

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010 21:47 
Nanny Brown

Hey Steve,

I am hoping to be there on my Blast with Roz and, (I suppose I had better mention) my other half on his FJR (sorry peeps!!) We will be travelling up with Roz following on from our travels in Europe. My Blast is being looked after by Roz whilst we are away, so that I can ride it up to Em's do... I am hopeful of great things!!!

Hopefully see you soon.
Jill x :yup:

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010 21:50 
Milf Hunter

Current ride: '98 S1
Thanks for another great meet Jane and Chris. 8-)
Thanks to Steve and the crew at Black Bear for the hospitality also. :yup:

We did indeed hit the Monsoon belt for the last 75 miles home. I knew we were in trouble when Noah came past, shouting "Hurry up, it's coming". lOl
I couldn't feel my fingers by the time I got home and could barely pull the clutch in. I stripped off in the garage and left the gear there, so as not to flood the kitchen.
370 miles round trip, S1 running perfectly. :yup:
Great to see everyone, it looks like Lauwe could be a right old hoot this year. :sun:

Respect to Gypsy for hanging on to those Apehangers at 80 in the rain, it was truly lashing down. I bet your armpits are super clean now. lOl
Also to the ladies on pillion who never moaned and kept smiling. A lesson if ever there was one on how to "Harden The Fuck Up. :worthy: 8-)

See ya on the road. 8-)

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010 21:55 
Nanny Brown

CJ wrote:
Roz :4roz: and her recently acquired XB12SCG...

Hey Roz, you cowbag, you look fantastic, as always, and I love your bike..... just wish I had one..... :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

Oh well, here's hoping..... Take care. xx

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010 22:03 

Current ride: 1991 RS1200 westwind
Buell Abusa wrote:
Had a great time today and good to see quite a few of the southern posse made it up despite the weather! 8-) 8-)
Apologies for the delaying Rick, Tigs and Kevmeans departure but it was worth it just for the look on Ricks face. :rofl:

That was so funny lOl ...picture the scene folks, me and Tigs ready to go ....Rick still getting his gear fastened ....then undoes jacket to retrieve earplugs from inside pocket ..........redoes jacket up and then just putting helmet on and his phone rings ............so off with helmet undo jacket retrieve phone ...........only to find it's BA stood next to him that has rung :rofl: and yep BA it was worth it to see the look on his face lOl

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010 22:07 
Mr. Tourettes

kevmean wrote:
Buell Abusa wrote:

That was so funny lOl ...picture the scene folks, me and Tigs ready to go ....Rick still getting his gear fastened ....then undoes jacket to retrieve earplugs from inside pocket ..........redoes jacket up and then just putting helmet on and his phone rings ............so off with helmet undo jacket retrieve phone ...........only to find it's BA stood next to him that has rung :rofl: and yep BA it was worth it to see the look on his face lOl

:clap: :rofl: :rofl:

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010 22:08 

:hehe: :rofl:

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010 22:09 
Milf Hunter

Current ride: '98 S1
lOl lOl
Good to see the CR in the flesh Kev. It will look even better when BB fit that Uly rear end. ;)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 11 Next