It is currently 29 Mar 2024 13:36

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2010 11:49 

No not been to that pub but will look out for it.
Yes there is a motor bike shop at the end of the street and turn right 50yds. (Think it is burnout bikes) They had a selection of british and custom choppers last year I called in plus also I fell head over hills in love with the bike in my avatar.
The CCM Sledge Hammer 710cc thumper. Limited numbers being made, 40 in all and from that figure only around 5 or 6 as the picture shows, black and polished alloy 8-)
Thay had one in the showroom last year and I believe they still have one. A very high bike, not for shorties but looks better in the flesh than any photo I have seen, well made, sturdy and looks solid with plenty of billit bits and a digital speedo.
Though very expensive for what it is, a bit heavy for a real supermoto, and though 710cc it has low down torque but runs out of BHP around the 50 mark.
I will probably go in and dribble over it, its a dream but hey thats what keeps us all going (of course would want a buell to keep it company lOl )

PostPosted: 02 May 2010 22:11 

Current ride: S1w X1 1125CR
A pretty quiet Goodwood this month. Probably on account of the met office issuing a severe weather warning for rain putting folks off. Still some interesting machinery there. met Chris for the first time as he was leaving. Always seem to lose track of people at these sort of events as get distracted by others and machines. Tags was mentioning a problem with her X1, can only suggest to post the symptoms on here and see what ideas come forward. many minds are better than one (or two)
got pretty wet on way home, not sure why wet weather gear leaked so much today?

PostPosted: 06 May 2010 09:04 

Portsmouth Bike night was interesting with some nice vintage and classic machinery arriving throughout the evening.
Nice to see Mojo, Blackrag, Banjo, Carol, Mev and some other new Buellers plus bumped into some peeps I have not seen in over 8 years which was nice.

Rickman Meitesse (Probably not spelt right) was my favourite there last night though the 2 CBX 1000 Hondas were 8-)

1 st Wednesday each month tucked away in the Day Museum car park :yup:

PostPosted: 06 May 2010 10:05 
Milf Hunter

Current ride: '98 S1
Cheers for the drink Steve.
It was good to catch up and as you say, there were some fine looking bikes there.
I think I prefer this place to Poole Quay, as you don't have to wander too far to see all the bikes and meeting up is a lot easier too. Add to that a Thai food take away, life is sweet. ;)

PostPosted: 21 May 2010 17:04 

A reminder for the diary, 1st sunday in June (think thats the 6th)
SUPER CAR SUNDAY at the breakfast club.
Biggest best event of the calendar, if super cars is your thing and you are a tight B stard this is for you, probably the biggest gathering of super cars in the UK and its FREE.
Get there early, runs from around 7am till noon. :yup:

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2010 13:05 

Well your loss if you did not go.
A few Buells parked around the site though what a turn out of people and supercars.
The new Ferrai (as seen on fifth gear this week) EB veyrons thingys, 2, first turned up, big crowd around it, then a soft top version arrived and everyone left to see that. A very rare version of a Zhonda plus every other car imaginable.
Astons (over 50 at least) Lambos, Bentleys new and old, Jags, Le Mans double decker bus, well everything, must have been over a thousand cars, they were driving out in what must have been the longest most expesive traffic jam seen, over 2 hrs and they were still driving out.
Considering this is a free event I don't think you can equal it, plus as a big bonus and not that well advertised if you asked at the ticket desk and filled in a simple form you got £20 tickets for the new Thursday day of the festival of speed show. An extra day this year where their will be less crowds, limited numbers and the launch of all the new cars, as well as many other events, music and displays.
Oh the £20 tickets were given out free, just say how many you wanted. Bargin.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2010 18:22 

I think Sunday 27th is a Breakfast club day....Soft top Sunday. in lieu of the normal date cos of the festival. Might try to blag some of them tickets too Steve.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2010 18:56 

Yes tis this Sunday, ask in the main ticket office, the one just inside the front gate and to you immediate right (behind the gate exit side). We did very well this year, hopefully going for 3 days out of the 4 (and very fortunatley and very lucky we got all tickets for free this year for various reasons, otherwise we would have had to miss out and not go this year).
Will try and do soft top this sunday, fancy calling into pub in Lavant where the drivers used to stay, was it you Deeps that mentioned it? It has lots of driver and historic racing photos around the walls.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2010 19:15 

This is the pub

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/ ... ast_Lavant

Quite posh but nice.

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2010 09:56 

See what they say when I ask for a glass of water and a packet of plain crisps then spend an hour browsing the photographs lOl

I am surprised Goodwood circuit does not have a small museum of racing tucked away somewhere within it?

I read an article on the Goodwood festival of speed next week and looks like they have some legends of rock playing live, I am no good with names but founder of ZZ top will be playing amongst others (would look up article and add detail but retrictions on work machine do not allow it) they also have a car guitar/amp/speaker vehicle, a one off. Hopefully they will be playing on Thursday when time will allow for a chilled out day of browsing and listening with much smaller crowds.
Will look out for folks there :yup: