It is currently 28 Mar 2024 10:10

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010 00:57 

Chaps and chapesses.

Just wondering if any one is thinking of going to the Red Marley hill climb this year, i went last year for the first time and had a great day, some absolutely mental racing and loads of great classic scrambles machines, what more could you ask for, apart from good weather for the day ;) .

Arthur browning kicked ass proper on his awsome jawa metisse .......... CLASS :yup:

Last edited by majormac on 23 Jan 2010 02:55, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010 01:03 

Redmarley is only about 15 miles from me, but I've never been to the hill climb. when is it on ?

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010 01:06 

Arthur Browning.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010 02:43 

yeh, him, all i know is he puts that jawa up that hill like a crazy bastard who has just swallowed the whole packet of crazy pills, a geezer came off on the kicker near the top on a grass track bike, he didnt move for about 30 mins, hammered into the floor and those marshals did an amazing job of stopping the whole fuckin lot barreling back down the hill and its not till you get up there at the top you realize how steep that hill is.
Just had a gander at the site and classic trials is on sunday 4th april with the climb on the 5th, twill be a good day out for anyone that likes the old stuff :yup:

For the eagle eyed among you ( adam ) you may have noticed my earlier miss print, it was carl pope on the b50, he holds the track record at a knats over 19 sec's, any how its a good row between him and arthur, check it out on youtube, good stuff :yup:

You going adam ?.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010 08:22 
Sir Cabbage

I've beeb before with Diggertours and co, was a great day out, they even gave everyone a free puck for your sidestand, which wasn't needed as mine snapped :twisted:

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010 11:01 
A grey tide eel

I'd be up for this as been meaning to go for years

Piaggio X8 400ie
Yamaha XTZ750 Super Tenere (x2)
Suzuki GSXR750WR
BSA B441VS
FJR1300

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010 11:54 

majormac wrote:
yeh, him, all i know is he puts that jawa up that hill like a crazy bastard who has just swallowed the whole packet of crazy pills, a geezer came off on the kicker near the top on a grass track bike, he didnt move for about 30 mins, hammered into the floor and those marshals did an amazing job of stopping the whole fuckin lot barreling back down the hill and its not till you get up there at the top you realize how steep that hill is.
Just had a gander at the site and classic trials is on sunday 4th april with the climb on the 5th, twill be a good day out for anyone that likes the old stuff :yup:

For the eagle eyed among you ( adam ) you may have noticed my earlier miss print, it was carl pope on the b50, he holds the track record at a knats over 19 sec's, any how its a good row between him and arthur, check it out on youtube, good stuff :yup:

You going adam ?.

I competed in the first Hill Climb at its current location (it moved about 6 years ago) and 'big Arthur' presented me with a prize for 3rd in class (pre 1950)
I'll probably be there this year :)

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010 12:37 

I did hear that it had been moved, must have been upsetting the ramblers again :evil: what did you ride adam, whats that kicker like when you hit it, looks pretty wild when your stood right next to it, the trough down from the start line that you have to hit full bore looks good fun.
Me and a mate was wondering if you can enter as a team on one bike so we could both get a ride, thats all we could possibly get together, he has an old tiger 100 in bits, we played with the idea of making a metisse but funds are short this year, specially as i just spent my doh on the xb, so, spectating again then this year, nice one on getting the trophy from the man himself. :clap:
Will def be going so yeh, be nice to meet up and have a brew :yup:

geordie mick, howz your side stand :?:

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010 17:40 
Sir Cabbage

majormac wrote:

Don't know, sold it to a fella who exported it to Sweden, with the rest of the bike in 2007

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2010 16:35 

majormac wrote:
I did hear that it had been moved, must have been upsetting the ramblers again :evil: what did you ride adam, whats that kicker like when you hit it, looks pretty wild when your stood right next to it, the trough down from the start line that you have to hit full bore looks good fun.
Me and a mate was wondering if you can enter as a team on one bike so we could both get a ride, thats all we could possibly get together, he has an old tiger 100 in bits, we played with the idea of making a metisse but funds are short this year, specially as i just spent my doh on the xb, so, spectating again then this year, nice one on getting the trophy from the man himself. :clap:
Will def be going so yeh, be nice to meet up and have a brew :yup:

1947 JAP/Enfield running on Methanol + 4% Nitro (£80 per gallon :o)
You need to feather the throttle over the jump to keep the rear wheel spinning over the jump, otherwise you slam the forks down and crash. Too much power and you flip on landing and roll down the hill with the bike tumbling after you lOl

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2010 20:56 

i'll be there if weather is fine. would be a nice ride :clap:

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2010 08:54 
Geordie Mick wrote:
I've beeb before with Diggertours and co, was a great day out, they even gave everyone a free puck for your sidestand, which wasn't needed as mine snapped :twisted:

A note of caution if they ride to Red Marley with Geordie Mick - ignore his offers of the "alternative" route home - you may well lose a week of your life you'll never get back lOl

If I'm in the country - I'll be up for it this year. 8-)

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2010 10:05 

What date is it ?
Could well go but will be on the stink wheel :?

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2010 10:12 
Easter Sunday - 4th April.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2010 20:31 

Current ride: 2 Buells + 3 Guzzis
We went to this event for the first time a couple of years ago and thought it was excellent.

We'll pencil this years event in as 'a possible' - it doesn't clash with anything else at the moment.

www.ukbuellgroup.co.uk