It is currently 20 Apr 2024 16:35

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2010 08:08 
Some good photos chris it was a good day out even if there was faults but end of the day nothing of this scale has ever been don before so you have to expect problems. We rode through about 4ish and there was still loads of people stood at the side of the road.

Nutah if you kept your fuel in the frame maybe you would of made it all the way round lOl

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2010 20:31 
I think those who turned up early for this had the best of it, we arrived with the Portsmouth Posse (Blackrag123-Banjo etc) at 12.15 for the 12-1pm ride through, to find a complete free for all.
My lad n I finally got off the airfield at 3.45, yet still a lot of people were on the route waving n clapping, quite amazing.
Round trip of 378 miles, would we do it again?
OH YEAH.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2010 20:43 

Not sure how long we waited but it must have been the best part of 4 hours. Nice once we got going but a lot of standing about. On the bright side nothing over took losttyke and I all the way there and back, my neck still hurts today :run:

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2010 22:18 

MLC wrote:
I think those who turned up early for this had the best of it, we arrived with the Portsmouth Posse (Blackrag123-Banjo etc) at 12.15 for the 12-1pm ride through, to find a complete free for all.
My lad n I finally got off the airfield at 3.45, yet still a lot of people were on the route waving n clapping, quite amazing.

Banjo and myself - last of the lateral thinkers lOl

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2010 23:14 
88b wrote:
Not sure how long we waited but it must have been the best part of 4 hours. Nice once we got going but a lot of standing about. On the bright side nothing over took losttyke and I all the way there and back, my neck still hurts today :run:

Close on triple figures all the way city cross still isn't the best bike for motorways.

MLC was that you on a tuber with a sort of purple ish paint job?

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2010 10:31 

Current ride: T120V - M2 Cyclone
thorkill the tall wrote:

Banjo and myself - last of the lateral thinkers lOl

It was an accident ya 'onour. :oooops: But I was back in the Admiral Drake in Portsmouth with a pint in my hand at 10 past 4 after doing the ride through Wooton Bassett and dispersing "thoughtfully".

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2010 10:56 

Current ride: xb12s 1125cr 1125r
Great day as MLC said would do it all again, road through Wootton Basset with a guy on one side on a pan remembering his grandson, lost in afgn 2009, and another on a bute Hesketh original 1971 wot a mixed bunch we are....aint that GREAT

MLC you want to paitent that adaptation of a dog related product ....could catch on M8 good to see all that we manged to meet up with, and Its great to be able to say, to my grandkids I WAS THERE... :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :yup:

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2010 19:23 

Blackrag123 wrote:
Great day as MLC said would do it all again, road through Wootton Basset with a guy on one side on a pan remembering his grandson, lost in afgn 2009, and another on a bute Hesketh original 1971 wot a mixed bunch we are....aint that GREAT

Is this anyone here ?

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2010 21:52 
losttyke wrote:

MLC was that you on a tuber with a sort of purple ish paint job?
[/quote]

Nope, me n Ross were on my XB9sx, Hero Blue of course! Reckon Ross was a hero, nearly 400miles trying to stay on the back. lOl
Of course most 'normal' bikes have a passenger grabrail but as Buells aren't 'normal' ya have to adapt 'em ;)

Blackrag123 wrote:
MLC you want to paitent that adaptation of a dog related product ....could catch on M8 good to see all that we manged to meet up with, and Its great to be able to say, to my grandkids I WAS THERE... :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :yup:
[/quote]

Yeh, had wondered if my first Million could lay in such a simple idea, but my nuts n Ross's backside indicate 2 up on an XB isn't right!!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 13