It is currently 20 Apr 2024 06:12

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2010 20:47 

Anybody fancy meeting up tomorrow down in RYE at the cafe ? I'm heading down there tomorrow with a mate for a ride, weather is supposed to be good :)

So will be there around midday, leaving around 11am from Medway in Kent if anyone fancyies tagging along for the ride PM me and ill give you my mobile number.

Paul

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2010 23:28 

Sorry matey, I've only just seen this. I would've been right up for it but am already committed (or should be) to doing some things at home for the invalids. I doubt I'll be able to rearrange but if I did and got there around lunchtime I'll look out for a Buell. I'll be the old woman on a Triumph ST3R, hubby has a Falco. We usually park up the side of the chip shop, opposite the roundabout cos that ramp up to the bike park is a bugger lol.
Have fun xx

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2010 08:48 

The ramp is fine :) mines the black '08' 1125r with pinstriping, ill look out for you, should be there about midday too i guess.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2010 15:21 

Sorry, surprise surprise, didn't make it. Hope you had a god ride though....maybe next time eh?

Have never attempted the ramp myself, it was only what friends say about it and the barrier so we've always avoided it.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2010 18:13 

Yeah had a great ride, the gate is fine just go up it and past the barrier on the righthand side.

Afew bikes there not too many, all admiring the beat of the Buell though :) Roads were wet on the way there but dryish on way home so got up a good pace, wrong side of 70mph x2 :shut: up the old roman road.

Bloodt IC steamed up though, time for a call to the stealership again !

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2010 18:39 

Avalaugh wrote:
Yeah had a great ride, the gate is fine just go up it and past the barrier on the righthand side.

Afew bikes there not too many, all admiring the beat of the Buell though :) Roads were wet on the way there but dryish on way home so got up a good pace, wrong side of 70mph x2 :shut: up the old roman road.

Bloodt IC steamed up though, time for a call to the stealership again !

My (excellent) local dealer MchrHD replaced my IC under warranty because of this issue. See if your dealer is as good ;) :D

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2010 20:18 

One of my favourite runouts is down to Rye... Will keep an eye out if the weather looks good... Do any of you know which East Sussex village has the biker cafe? I found it by accident after stopping for a piddle on the way to the coast...

My IC steamed-up along the bottom edge the other day... Tsk!!! ;-)

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2010 08:27 

Do you mean this one, Wessons, on the A267?

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2010 12:28 

That's the one!!! Cheers Roz... ;-) Nice spot for a cup of char & on the road to Beachy Head... Good spot for Buellers to meet?

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2010 15:53 

You'll need to organise it, tell people when you'll be there etc and then see who turns up.
We're not very good at meets down this end of the country, they seem to fare much better ooop North. I think that's cos they're all on the dole or off on long term sick leave and have nothing better to do while us Southerners keep the ecomony (such as it is) afloat
lOl :couch:

Lights blue touchpaper and runs away.....

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2010 16:15 
... or maybe it's just because we like to get value from our bikes, and don't wait for the summer to ride 'em .... :ner:

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2010 17:49 

:shock: I didn't realise you lot could tell the difference between the seasons lOl

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2010 18:54 

Oh Dear; not sure I want to get involved in this one... ;-) I'm half Northern myself so I ride all year but fret over the crud that covers the bike... I'll keep an eye on the weather (& this board) & post something if a rideout seems likely... Hope to see y'all soon!!! :yup:

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2010 19:39 

Would it be possible to set up a bit on this forum, where if you join up to (The southern section for example) anybody going for a rideout can put up a post and that then gets forwarded (emailed) to the members who joined up to that section.

This way you wont miss out if you dont log on to the site for a few days, we're all busy people im sure and dont get hours to trawl through the posts being updated everyday.

And on the subject of the IC steaming up, my local dealers are gonna take a look on Saturday for me and put in a claim :)

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2010 20:54 

We don't really divide into sections Ava, us Kentish Buellers are pretty rare (even more so since I sold mine, there's only a few on here). The best way is to just post where you want to go and when and see what comes back.
The big meet in East Kirby is as central as we get, other than that it's a see what's about and what you fancy. This lot think nothing of travelling a few hundred miles for a coffee and a donut, or even going overseas to Belguim or Holland for a one night barbecue.
Popping up to Black Bear, in Newmarket when someone posts they're going there for a service is classified as a southern meet as is a coffee in DG20 in Southampton.
Sometimes us really southern southern lot meet at The Oakdene at the bottom of Wrotham Hill on sunny summer evenings but again that tends to be a hit and miss, "I'll be there, will you?" affair.
Let us know what you fancy and see who wants to join you, you'll be surprised who turns up and where they come from.

BTW, as you're in Gillingham who're you using for your local dealer? I'm only a few towns down the rail line from you, am not a dealer or a Buell owner any longer, just a nosy parker lOl