It is currently 26 Apr 2024 22:34

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 12 May 2009 19:03 

knowing how difficult it can be to find accomodation that is biker friendly i thought you'd like to know about a couple of places that i've come across

feel free to add any other places that you know of

I've just come back from a brilliant weekend in Normandy doing just under a 1000 miles staying at a place owned by Paul and Sandra Minton

guided tours were provided by paul and enough food and booze to feed an army was provided by sandra. and then there was the go-carting :rofl:

this is their website http://www.jthebs.com/

PostPosted: 12 May 2009 19:08 

another good place to stay is with Gary and Wendy just south of Pottiers in France

again very friendly and gary will arange rideouts or can be just a good stopping point

food is very good

this is their website http://www.shortbreaks-france.net/

PostPosted: 12 May 2009 19:36 
Needs more cowbell

Current ride: None
Nice idea, post them up with web links or with as many details about each place, Inc area etc as possible and we will make this a handy sticky ...

Cheers RB, great idea :yup:

I will do a shameless plug for my mums B&B, plenty have stayed there, its cheep, cheerful with no posh frills, but its friendly, homely and she feeds you like your marching into battle!

Decent discounts for forum members

Sarum Guest House

Totton, Southampton

PostPosted: 12 May 2009 20:35 

Just completed my 840 mile south coast trip and the B&B i stayed in at Weymouth was great.

Jean will see you right. lovely Breakfast and secure parking too..

http://www.thebayguesthouse.co.uk/

10 Waterloo Place,
The Esplanade,
Weymouth,
DT4 7PE

Tel: 01305 786289

PostPosted: 13 May 2009 08:18 

There are three members here who'd happily recommend Airenlea in Jedburgh - Biker friendly, wonderful accomodation with a great breakfast and very comfy beds :D
Chris and Amanda are bikers themselves so even though they have white carpets everywhere they provide a warm welcome and some friendly chat.

http://www.airenlea.co.uk/

£50 a night for the big room, £35 a night for the others. What say you Goldy and Kev?

I can also recommend the chips from the chinese takeaway and the bench in the town square to sit on, should you arrive too late to eat in the restaurant due to your bike blowing up :oooops:

PostPosted: 13 May 2009 08:46 

Current ride: Fatbob
:yt: did have trouble keeping the carpets clean though :oooops:

great b & b near lands end very biker friendly Garage parking for 1 bike
Field House
Trewellard
Pendeen
Penzance
TR19-7ST
Tel: 01736-788097

Viv & Tom plus 2 kids & a cat

PostPosted: 13 May 2009 18:57 

Current ride: 1991 RS1200 westwind
Roz wrote:
There are three members here who'd happily recommend Airenlea in Jedburgh - Biker friendly, wonderful accomodation with a great breakfast and very comfy beds :D
Chris and Amanda are bikers themselves so even though they have white carpets everywhere they provide a warm welcome and some friendly chat.

http://www.airenlea.co.uk/

£50 a night for the big room, £35 a night for the others. What say you Goldy and Kev?

I can also recommend the chips from the chinese takeaway and the bench in the town square to sit on, should you arrive too late to eat in the restaurant due to your bike blowing up :oooops:

I say
No.1 that was the best B&B I've ever stayed in. :yup:
No.2 we should have split the total cost of the three rooms equally ....naughty girl
No.3 Was like being teenagers again lol sat eating chinese chips and springrolls :D
No.4 Just get Roz to book all your accomodation ;)

PostPosted: 22 May 2009 09:48 
kevmean wrote:
No.3 Was like being teenagers again lol sat eating chinese chips and springrolls :D

You mean you're not a teenager ? :o

After my run around Europe last week, I lost count of the number of places proudly announcing "Bikers Welcome" at their entrance. We really have a bit to go to catch up in these parts. No specific recommendations from me at this moment, but a great idea for a thread.

PostPosted: 28 May 2009 21:33 
If anyone is thinking of a trip to Normandy I would very much like to recommend some folk I know who live the small town of Domfront and run a charming chambre de hote (B & B). They can be found at http://www.normandytownandcountry.com/ :app:

Eric is a biker who can organise tours of all the Normandy landings sites' either by bike or with one of his vans.

Domfront is about 100 miles from Cherbourg and is good centre to use as base to tour Normandy - enjoy.

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2009 22:12 
The Nagged Hubby

If any want good places in Scotland giv us a PM.

Nate :D

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2009 16:47 

Current ride: XL1250S + MT-09
I can recommend Camping Moto Rendezvous http://www.camping-rendezvous-moto.com/ in the south of France. Owned and run by a Dutch couple, it's as laid back as you'd expect. It has a deserved reputation as the partyest of the French bike-only campsites, so pitch as far from the bar as possible if you value sleep. You're greeted with a beer when you arrive. All beer and food is priced on a points system and goes onto a tab, so be warned - it's easy to build up a large tab :roll: and payment is strictly cash-only.

Turn off the A74 at Lodeve and head towards Lunas along a back road that alternates between fast sweepers and first gear hairpins. The whole area is Buell heaven - criss-crossed by twisty roads - and the A74 north of Lunas has to be the greatest stretch of motorway in Europe, twisting endlessly down one side of a gorge. Heading south (downhill), it's thrilling and scary in a "Oh f*ck, the front end's going to wash out" way, but you will want to turn around and go back up again.

North of Lodeve is the Millau viaduct, which is as stunning as the pictures suggest.
The Med is an easy blast to the south. Also in the area are the Rocquefort cheese caves - well worth a visit. We had an unintentionally funny guided tour of one of the caves, complete with diorama showing how the caves were formed - "You see, Mr Bond, you are too late to stop me. The cheeses you see here are all plastic replicas - the real cheeses have already been distributed around the globe, and soon I, Count Rocquefort, will rule over the dinner parties of the bourgeoisie!"

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2009 22:23 

Current ride: S1W,S2T,1125CR
Just South of Poitiers is http://www.route66hotel.com/. It's run by a mate of mine by the name of Harry. All the rooms are well decorated and furnished and have bike magazines and water ready to hand. He has a large barn set up as a workshop with some tools and bike washing facilities.

Another barn has been converted into "Harry's Bar" with loads of two wheeled bric a brac, music, videos and Harry to entertain you until whatever time you want to turn in. Then he's back with breakfast served from 7.00 am :D

As well as rooms he also has a campsite with toilets and showers. It attracts a wide range of motorcyclists and is a good fun place to stop over :yup:

Steve

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2009 14:22 

I'll have to put a good word in for my mate Ed's B&B: www.atlanta-hotel.co.uk

Ed and his Mrs, Sue, are bikers and keep a good house. Free undercover bike parking is always available.

I

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2009 18:08 

Any recommendations up Scotland folks?

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2009 09:02 

Totally agree with the post about Camping Rendezvous in France. Would also recommend a B&B called Riders Rest run by Tony and Wendy. We used this as a stop over on the way to and from Rendezvous this year. It's near Treignac in the Massif Central. Check out the website and pictures at
ridersrest.net

Lofty