It is currently 19 Apr 2024 12:47

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2019 11:38 

Current ride: BMW F900 XR
Had some nice rideouts over the summer where a stop often takes place in locations frequented by other motorcyclists and got to thinking this weekend about proposing some scheduled meetups for next year.

There are many options on locations, for which at least one should be local to some so I was thinking that would be good to propose a series of 4 or 5 meetups, one per month through May, June, July, August and September, each at a different location, not impacting with Em's Day, Emporium Open Day, Deliverance and such like.

Considered locations thus far:
Willingham Woods, nr Market Rasen
Squires Cafe, Sherburn in Elemet
Rivington Hall Barn, nr Bolton
Seaways Cafe, Fridaythorpe, Yorkshire Wolds
Tan Hill,
Devil's Bridge, Kirby Lonsdale

Please give me your thoughts, ideas/preferences on meeting places and whether a weekend day or weekday evening timeslot is preferred.

Will look to publish these in advance in next year's calendar.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2019 11:51 

Make the dates and see who turns up. That's pretty much how it's always been. (Hint - Far more folks will read it and perhaps even turn up, if you post it elsewhere, where most people go these days).

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2019 20:08 

Current ride: Buell ulysses
Hi Derick how’s the bike going now ? did you find out what had caused the cutting out ?
Reference the rides out for next year, may I suggest that the last Sunday in September be a Distinguished Gentleman / Ladies ride out day in aid of charity, at wherever is closest to you or your local group of friends wish to attend
https://www.gentlemansride.com/
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=23983

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2019 09:49 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
03 wrote:
Make the dates and see who turns up. That's pretty much how it's always been. (Hint - Far more folks will read it and perhaps even turn up, if you post it elsewhere, where most people go these days).

I think that if we as a forum did a lot more positive contributing like Delw in suggesting ride outs etc. This forum may well become a lot more popular than it actually seems at the moment.
Well done Delw great suggestion. :worthy: :yup:

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2019 10:19 

Current ride: BMW F900 XR
03 wrote:

No worries, same question will be going on the other place but this is still my first go to place in respect of things Buell related.
I suspect that I may need to take the lead on proposing locations and dates but at least I've given peeps the option of making a suggestion.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2019 13:12 

delw wrote:
03 wrote:

No worries, same question will be going on the other place but this is still my first go to place in respect of things Buell related.
I suspect that I may need to take the lead on proposing locations and dates but at least I've given peeps the option of making a suggestion.

All the best, really. You got three answers so far. Not too bad I suppose, when the number of posters perhaps just about makes double figures on a good day.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2019 21:29 

Current ride: XB12s,S1WL, Triumph
Great idea. I used to like the run down to the NMM for the various Buell meetings that Chris used to organise. All the places you've suggested I'd gladly have a run out to weather permitting. There's even the Ponderosa in Wales that's a nice run out when the sun's shining :yup:

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2019 07:04 

yes Dave the Ponderosa is a nice place :yup:
another place could be RAF Cosford aircraft museum , free to enter just got to pay for parking
https://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/cosford/
and let's not forget Jack Hills cafe

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2019 07:12 

03 wrote:
delw wrote:
03 wrote:

All the best, really. You got three answers so far. Not too bad I suppose, when the number of posters perhaps just about makes double figures on a good day.

if you care to look on the forum front page the "who's on line " you will see that the" Most users ever online was 176 on 15 Aug 2019, 16:25" only a couple of weeks ago

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2019 07:19 

barney wrote:
03 wrote:
delw wrote:
03 wrote:

if you care to look on the forum front page the "who's on line " you will see that the" Most users ever online was 176 on 15 Aug 2019, 16:25" only a couple of weeks ago

Thank you - Read my reply, I underlined and bolded the important bit.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2019 07:33 

03 wrote:
barney wrote:
03 wrote:
delw wrote:
03 wrote:
[/b]

Thank you - Read my reply, I underlined and bolded the important bit.

I belive I have underlined and bolded the important bit as I see it

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2019 12:14 
Site Admin

Quote:

.....and 95% of those were bots :?

98 S1W
00 M2
01 X1
03 P3
10 CR

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2019 12:40 

Current ride: K100 CBR1000F z550Gt
Jazzbutcher wrote:
I think that if we as a forum did a lot more positive contributing like Delw in suggesting ride outs etc. This forum may well become a lot more popular than it actually seems at the moment.

It's a sign of the times, partly because Buells are no longer made, but more to do with the rise and rise of Facebook. In the early 2000's I'd log on here first thing in the morning and it would take me until lunchtime to catch up on the previous 12 hours (I was always in a different time zone). This place will only get more popular again if/ when folks get disillusioned with facebook. Personally I much prefer this place, you can always find stuff again, as can other people, who are always keen to point out that the hilarious joke you just posted in the joke thread had already been posted 5 years ago, by yourself :)

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2019 13:27 

Current ride: Buell 1125R
Bonzo wrote:
Jazzbutcher wrote:

It's a sign of the times, partly because Buells are no longer made, but more to do with the rise and rise of Facebook. In the early 2000's I'd log on here first thing in the morning and it would take me until lunchtime to catch up on the previous 12 hours (I was always in a different time zone). This place will only get more popular again if/ when folks get disillusioned with facebook. Personally I much prefer this place, you can always find stuff again, as can other people, who are always keen to point out that the hilarious joke you just posted in the joke thread had already been posted 5 years ago, by yourself :)

Facebook although popular, isn't private.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2019 14:37 

Current ride: K100 CBR1000F z550Gt
Jazzbutcher wrote:
Facebook although popular, isn't private.

Neither is this place, apart from the Social section, which we're not in :)